BRENTWOOD vs. OVERTON scrimmage

JMANMAN

Both teams were pretty solid (for spring) and both had their moments. Overton scored first with a nice qb scramble but then it was all Brentwood form then on. Brentwood's first taste of end zone was a 45 yard fly route to Peyton Fugate (however there was some dispute whether he had full control of the ball when he landed) then the next Bwood touchdown came on a 30 yard run up the gut from senior alex holling. There was a break in the starters' play and Overton ran the ball pretty well but never seemed to score. The starters then came out for one more offensive and defensive series. Brentwood didn't regain their momentum until about 6 plays in and managed to get it to the overton 20 before the 10 plays were up. Overton then managed to get 0 yards on their ten plays and seemingly gave up as they all went to undress and relax while their team was still playing.

Overton would not be a competitor in region 6-5A football but they will most likely be cntenders in their respective division. Good luck to both teams

Overton would be a competitor in region 6-5A. Isn't Columbia, Centenial, and Dickson County is region 6-5A? I know they could compete with them in a year to year basis. And if they beat any one of other top four teams then they would be in the playoffs. Not a competitor, please. And you said both teams played pretty solid so right there they competed with Brentwood. Region 6-5A has been dominant recently but I think that is going to end this year. Good luck to both teams, at least until the playoffs that is.

Edited by workinprogress

Didn't Overton just have a controlled practice with Father Ryan? If this is the same team I saw they have a running back with some speed and pretty good moves but that's all.

actually, they have plenty of other weapons who weren't at that scrimmage.... they have a few dangerous wide outs, a tight end who is being looked at by many colleges, and from what i hear, their qb had a very good scrimmage against Brentwood