Division II State Tournament

redbaron515

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redbaron, what does PJP2 have going for them? Any specific players?

All 4 seniors are playmakers. Katy Green at 3rd base, Morgan Sulcer at catcher, Haley Watson at 1st, and Jen Brogdon in center field. Also, pitcher Hannah Brenzie has greatly improved since last year. They had a great showing at the Tom Corbitt tourny, coming in second behind Camden Central, and played well in the region tourny, beating Brentwood Academy 5-0 and defeating Davidson Academy after taking an opening rd loss to them earlier.

I feel that this team has improved alot since last years showing at state, and they will come out with an opening rd win.

No one is taking JP2? I honestly think they will make some noise this year. They have the talent to go deep in the tourny.

Go to the schedule/results for both teams and see the difference in level of competition that GPS played and JP2 played. Lots of quality wins for GPS and not a very tough schedule for JP2. JP2 and FACs are the only teams in the D2 state that I have not seen. I predict St. Benedict wins the winners bracket and the loser's bracket final as Baylor and GPS. GPS and Baylor are dead even in my book but St. Benedict is on a mission. They were the toughest offensive team we faced.

Ive looked at the GPS schedule, and theyve lost to Baylor 3 out of the 4 times. Yes, by a small margin, but a loss is a loss. JP2, maybe not having the hardest region schedule, had some good wins outside of the region, including Hendersonville, Lincoln County, and Cumberland County. I will admit, the Lady Knights can be up and down...its all according to what team shows up. They stayed close to St. Benedict down in Memphis, and they can keep up with Father Ryan.

Baylor, GPS, Father Ryan, St Benedict, I am somewhat confused as to Red Baron's comment that JPII can keep up with the Lady Irish. They have never beaten the Lady Irish ever in softball. Perhaps the team buses could have a race. Should be Ryan vs St Benedict in the finals. Should be a great tourney to watch. Hope the weather is decent. :)

All 4 seniors are playmakers. Katy Green at 3rd base, Morgan Sulcer at catcher, Haley Watson at 1st, and Jen Brogdon in center field. Also, pitcher Hannah Brenzie has greatly improved since last year. They had a great showing at the Tom Corbitt tourny, coming in second behind Camden Central, and played well in the region tourny, beating Brentwood Academy 5-0 and defeating Davidson Academy after taking an opening rd loss to them earlier.

I feel that this team has improved alot since last years showing at state, and they will come out with an opening rd win.

If Hannah Brenzie is on top of her game on the mound JPII will be hard to beat. Just ask Brentwood Academy. She pitched a complete game shutout and gave up only two hits. If her changeup is thrown for strikes YOU BETTER LOOK OUT!!! :lol: And the good news is that she is just a Sophomore