Help with catcher's gear

Moms4Baseball

I have a chest protector that is in good shape, except for the smell! It was worn during those hot days last July and hasn't been the same since. Is Febreze enough, or can it be washed (maybe take all the straps off and use the washing machine)? Anybody had to deal with this that can give some advice??

I have a chest protector that is in good shape, except for the smell! It was worn during those hot days last July and hasn't been the same since. Is Febreze enough, or can it be washed (maybe take all the straps off and use the washing machine)? Anybody had to deal with this that can give some advice??

Try washing it with a good antibacterial soap and then using Febreze on it after every game..That is what I do with my gear and it seems to help a lot...

Washing with alcohol helps also, then let it sit outside and dry by itself

try packing it with newspapers after the game overnight, this absorbs the moisture and the odors. works great for cleats too!