Predictions for 5A football

100% AGREED...props to Riverdale's accomplishments, but shut up about them! I wasn't on coacht last year, but did riverdale post about the past all the time last year during the offseason? Its kind of like they are trying to reassure everyone's doubts by talkin about the past..

Don't remember last summer....but the end of last season was bad.....after Oak Ridge cleaned their clock in the playoffs....they were on here yelling "we're number 1" it was comical.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember last summer....but the end of last season was bad.....after Oak Ridge cleaned their clock in the playoffs....they were on here yelling "we're number 1" it was comical.

I thought that if I broke the ice, people would agree. There have been a lot of teams that have put together very nice runs. This state is packed full of schools that are very proud of there schools, sports programs and communities. And for good reason. However, Riverdale is different from Oak Ridge, Montgomery Bell Academy, Brentwood Academy, Chattanooga Central, Kingsport DB, Maryville, Alcoa, Battle Ground Academy (Just to name a few) ...Riverdale only has four state titles, and they all have five or more. :lol:

I thought that if I broke the ice, people would agree. There have been a lot of teams that have put together very nice runs. This state is packed full of schools that are very proud of there schools, sports programs and communities. And for good reason. However, Riverdale is different from Oak Ridge, Montgomery Bell Academy, Brentwood Academy, Chattanooga Central, Kingsport DB, Maryville, Alcoa, Battle Ground Academy (Just to name a few) ...Riverdale only has four state titles, and they all have five or more. :lol:

Also true, time will tell. Its not clear cut on who the "team to beat" in the state is anymore.

You shouldn't include DII schools. Their are like 5 teams in their classes.

You shouldn't include DII schools. Their are like 5 teams in their classes.

Eight teams, in terms of the largest DII class (II-AAA), and yet three of the last four DI-5A champs have suffered their only losses at the hands of non-champs from DII-AAA.

The playoff road may be shorter in DII, but it's tough as nails. Just ask Brentwood (2002), Germantown (2003), and Ravenwood (2005).

Eight teams, in terms of the largest DII class (II-AAA), and yet three of the last four DI-5A champs have suffered their only losses at the hands of non-champs from DII-AAA.

The playoff road may be shorter in DII, but it's tough as nails. Just ask Brentwood (2002), Germantown (2003), and Ravenwood (2005).

Your numbers are certainly accurate....although your comparison is crap......when BA comes to Ravenwood this fall....just have them leave the financial aid kids on the bus....then you can compare.....How well do you think their basketball team would have done without that financial aid kid from Antioch....

Ravenwood is the only public school my youngest son has ever attended.....he was in a BA type school in Minn......they had the right idea...the school had plenty of money...and they certainly offered financial aid to kids in need.......but if they were on financial aid....they couldn't participate in athletics......if you couldn't pay...you didn't play.....the recruiting issues went away.....

Well, gosh, if we're going to use "comparison" and "crap" in the same sentence, do you think, to keep everything equal, we should apply the "no pay/no play" theory to the public schools?

Where are you going with that......I guess based on some of your past posts...I should first ask if you have an understanding of the workings of public schools....then maybe I'd understand what you were thinking.....no pay/no play in the public schools?