Jefferson County vs. Cocke?

I know we have a handful of Jeff. County folks that post on here.

I heard a rumor that Cocke and Jefferson are looking to play each other again - perhaps as soon as this season.

It would probably take some manuevering, as CCHS has 3 non-conf. dates and not sure on Jeff.

So what say you Jefferson County folks? Has anyone heard this?

I know we have a handful of Jeff. County folks that post on here.

I heard a rumor that Cocke and Jefferson are looking to play each other again - perhaps as soon as this season.

It would probably take some manuevering, as CCHS has 3 non-conf. dates and not sure on Jeff.

So what say you Jefferson County folks? Has anyone heard this?

I don`t think its possible, I believe we`re still playing O.R, Mo West, Mo East, and Cumberland Co like last year. We very well could have dropped a team to soften up our schedule, but I haven`t heard anything about it. I know there were some people here that were upset that Cocke Co was dropped from the schedule, but the rivalry isn`t anywhere near what it use to be and at the time thought it was a good move. After going 2-8 Cocke Co may be starting to look more favorable than they once did.

I don`t think its possible, I believe we`re still playing O.R, Mo West, Mo East, and Cumberland Co like last year. We very well could have dropped a team to soften up our schedule, but I haven`t heard anything about it. I know there were some people here that were upset that Cocke Co was dropped from the schedule, but the rivalry isn`t anywhere near what it use to be and at the time thought it was a good move. After going 2-8 Cocke Co may be starting to look more favorable than they once did.

I got it confirmed at this end that this won't happen this year. I knew this was the 2nd year of contracts; but didnt know if a CCHS opponent was wanting out of a game.

As for the rivalry; I think its still there, somewhat, may be a bit more lopsided - since Jeff won the last 6 games in the series (99-04), but if CCHS can turn things around - I think their new coach would be pretty excited about getting a big rival on the schedule.

• 2 months later...

I got it confirmed at this end that this won't happen this year. I knew this was the 2nd year of contracts; but didnt know if a CCHS opponent was wanting out of a game.

As for the rivalry; I think its still there, somewhat, may be a bit more lopsided - since Jeff won the last 6 games in the series (99-04), but if CCHS can turn things around - I think their new coach would be pretty excited about getting a big rival on the schedule.

yes cocke county will play jefferson county next year. a rumor has it that coach u and the new cocke county used to play each other but dont mark my word on that.