Tennessee Super 44 Prospects

VandyMania

are these guys from tennessee? because ive never heard of them, and to get such offers i doubt they are from TN. I could just be wrong though..

My question is, are you from TN, because if you don't know who Powell High School's Jared McGaha (6'7, 265) and John Bruhin (6'5, 290) are then I guess you will soon find out.

In addition to having those D-1 offers on the table, Jared McGaha was chosen by ESPN analyst Tom Lemming as a top prospect in the state and met with him in April along with others from this list who he considers to be the top prospects in the state and yes, the McCallie QB is missing. John Bruhin is one of the top defensive linemen in the state.

Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised someone who is putting out a Vandy preview would be unaware of these two especially since Vandy has expressed a lot of interest in Jared McGaha.

It's not that I doubt any of the guys listed deserve the attention or that the person putting together the preview has done the work. But what's even more strange is the fact that no one else other than Tyler Maples on the list is from the region of the reigning state champions, Maryville.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Ntheknow2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, are you from TN, because if you don't know who Powell High School's Jared McGaha (6'7, 265) and John Bruhin (6'5, 290) are then I guess you will soon find out.

In addition to having those D-1 offers on the table, Jared McGaha was chosen by ESPN analyst Tom Lemming as a top prospect in the state and met with him in April along with others from this list who he considers to be the top prospects in the state and yes, the McCallie QB is missing. John Bruhin is one of the top defensive linemen in the state.

Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised someone who is putting out a Vandy preview would be unaware of these two especially since Vandy has expressed a lot of interest in Jared McGaha.

It's not that I doubt any of the guys listed deserve the attention or that the person putting together the preview has done the work. But what's even more strange is the fact that no one else other than Tyler Maples on the list is from the region of the reigning state champions, Maryville.

Just my thoughts.

I'm sorry, but the best DL in the state is Rae Sykes. He's a national top 100 player, . He's been offered by UT, Florida St., Notre Dame, LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, Michigan, Clemson, and NC St. just to name a few.

Yes, they are from Powell High in Knox County.

Why do you doubt that a player from Tennessee could get that kind of attention?

Powell High School has had players sign with Alabama, Tennessee, Marshall, and Purdue, among others in the last two signing years.

That came off wrong, I just figured that they wasn't from TN because they had some really good offers, but I haven't heard of neither. I guess I will soon find out though won't I?

I don't know what you're basing your selection criteria on, but in the Football Time In Tennessee book there is a ery good listing of the state's top prospects. I figure if a kid's good enough to be in that mag, he's good enough to be on almost any list.

Terrence Holt - Maplewood is on your list, but not Thomas Majors - LB, Sadaris Jones - LB, Jonathan Moore - WR, and Brandon Buggs - DE.

Maplewood had five players make this list and they are being actively recruited by UT.

Hi, this is Don Yates from VandyMania.com again. I asked a while back for the top 50 prep football prospects in Tennessee (these guys would be seniors for the 2006 season). I got a lot of input from you guys and used a lot of the folks you nominated. Here is my Super 44 Tennessee team as it stands now. Do you guys see any glaring errors or missing super stars? I appreciate your input. These guys will be listed in our 2006 Vanderbilt Football Preview mag which will be going to the printers soon. Please, lets not get into smack talk with one another.

Email me at: don321vu-top50@yahoo.com if you'd like.

WR Anthony Anderson (6-2, 175) Austin-East

OL J.T. Beasley (6-3, 260) Dyersburg

WR Todd Campbell (6-0, 190) Franklin

DE/RB Courtney Coffee (5-11, 220) Pope John Paul II

FB Kevin Cooper (6-1, 240) Baylor

OL Eric Counts (6-4, 295) Sratford

RB Aaron Crawford (5-10, 210) Ridgeway

WR Roderick Davis (6-0, 180) Wooddale

LB Chris Donald (6-3, 220) Huntingdon

RB Matt Elrod (6-0, 185) David Lipscomb

DE/OL Mark Fisher (6-4, 280) Goodpasture

OL Cody Fleming (6-2, 240) Pigeon Forge

OL T.J. Franklin (6-4, 240) Catholic

QB Connor Gulmire (6-1, 170) Oak Ridge

DT/TE Kevin Copelin (6-3, 245) Lake County

OL Dylan Gambill (6-4, 285) Ezell-Harding

TB Anthony Hardaway (6-1, 170) Boyd Buchannon

RB/DB Matt Hewett (5-9, 195) Dresden

LB Tavis Hogsett (6-3, 220) Central-Merry

RB Terrence Holt (5-8, 175) Maplewood

WR Bill Kottas (6-0, 175) <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

WR Kyrus Lanxter (6-2, 185) Alcoa

QB/DB Austin Lohin (6-0, 180) Sycamore

WR Tyler Maples (6-4, 180) Maryville

LB Chris Marve (6-0, 220) White Station

WR Rashad Mason (6-5, 205) Pearl-Cohn

LB Ryan McGowan (6-2, 200) Whitwell

RB/CB Jeremy Mimms (6-2, 220) Blackman

LB Jaron Norfleet (6-3, 227) Brentwood

QB Michael Park (6-1, 188) Memphis University School

RB Jarvis Perry (6-2, 190) Crockett

QB Patrick Sanders (6-1, 165) Smith County

WR Seth Skogen (6-4, 215) Temple

LB Isaiah Smith (6-2, 220) Columbia-Central

RB Brandon Springer (6-2, 175) Lake County

LB John Stokes (6-5, 225) Memphis University School

AT Golden Tate (6-0, 180) Pope John Paul II

OL Matt Vallee (6-4, 295) Dresden

DE/TE Willie Vanderford (6-2, 215) Sycamore

DE Rae Sykes (6-4, 240) Alcoa

DE/TE Alex Watkins (6-4, 225) Brownsville

LB Shane Watson (6-0, 232) Carter

OL James Williams (6-7, 280) Smyrna

DE/TE Preston Williams (6-4, 205) Memphis-East

Hey Don, good list just correct the spelling of Stratford

Edited by ihatebball

I don't know what you're basing your selection criteria on, but in the Football Time In Tennessee book there is a ery good listing of the state's top prospects. I figure if a kid's good enough to be in that mag, he's good enough to be on almost any list.

Terrence Holt - Maplewood is on your list, but not Thomas Majors - LB, Sadaris Jones - LB, Jonathan Moore - WR, and Brandon Buggs - DE.

Maplewood had five players make this list and they are being actively recruited by UT.

Actively recruited or offered?

Don:

How can you not have Harrison Smith / Knoxville CatholicH.S.?

He is a RB/Safety/WR/Corner/OLB

6-2 / 210 / 4.38 40 yd daash(2nd fastest NikeCamp) / 3.94 Shuttle run (fastest Nike Camp / 36 in vertical / 3.82 GPA /and 28 on the ACT. THese numbers are from the Nike Camp in Ga...out of 600 Athletes he was the MVP for the camp.

Some offers to date as a Jr.:

Univesirsity of Tennessee

Notre Dame

Clemson

Boston College

Auburn

Arkansas

Stanford

Colorado

Va. Tech

Ole Miss

Va.