The Limbaugh Plan - modified with the 'Tracy Twist'

davidlimbaugh

We have come up with the 'Limbaugh Plan' with a 'Tracy Twist'...

There has been a lot of talk about the TSSAA 'revisiting' sports and perhaps cutting back some sports' number of games and seasons' lengths.

For baseball, lets just implement the 'Limbaugh Plan' for post-season play.

Issue: A team with one good pitcher just has to win on Monday and Friday now to get to Spring Fling.

The Limbaugh Plan? District teams' #1 and #2 meet the adjoining District's #1 and #2 for a double elimination regional - the even or odd year's #1 alternates as host site.

The 'Tracy Twist?' - the regional winners meet in a best 2 out of 3 sectional - again at even or odd site - and the 4 winners advance to Spring Fling....

What do ya think???

I like the thought of making the middle game have some importance but i dont like only having four teams in the fling. agreed, that maybe the 8 teams waters it down a bit but everyone should have the opportunity to be in the state playoffs. maybe the way to eliminate the mon fri pitcher to state, play the seeding game on tuesday and move the fri game up a day. as far as i know the only place that may create a traveling conflict would be in the west were district 13 and 14AAA are spread from the mississippi to the tennessee river and from the nw corner to the sw corner of w. tn

We have come up with the 'Limbaugh Plan' with a 'Tracy Twist'...

There has been a lot of talk about the TSSAA 'revisiting' sports and perhaps cutting back some sports' number of games and seasons' lengths.

For baseball, lets just implement the 'Limbaugh Plan' for post-season play.

Issue: A team with one good pitcher just has to win on Monday and Friday now to get to Spring Fling.

The Limbaugh Plan? District teams' #1 and #2 meet the adjoining District's #1 and #2 for a double elimination regional - the even or odd year's #1 alternates as host site.

The 'Tracy Twist?' - the regional winners meet in a best 2 out of 3 sectional - again at even or odd site - and the 4 winners advance to Spring Fling....

What do ya think???

i like a four team regional double elimination tournament with the winner going to the state.........

riddlers, how do you feel about only having four teams in the state tourney? tssaa just went to 8 teams when it was moved to memphis

aren't there 8 regions?..........i just think if you win your region in a double elimination tournament you deserve to go to the state tourney ............i have spent the whole week watching a four team tournament at Oakland...........the winner will play the winner of another four team tournament tomorrow night for the championship..........i don't think it's a bad thing to have 8 teams in the state playoffs................i do think the one game playoffs for the region and substate are the wrong way to determine the teams...........regional tourneys should be double elimnation and if you must have a sub state round it should be best of three..........one stud pitcher should not be able to carry a team to the state where you have to have a good staff to win.......just my opinion and i am just a dad who loves the game!..........did make it to mtsu to see the first bartlett/frankin game yesterday,,, you guys look tough!...........should be a great game friday night

Edited by riddlers

I have mixed emotions. At times I'd like to see it set up where a team needs more than just one pitcher to make the state. OTOH I like the current Sectional because it doesn't penalize a stronger Region (they can send 2 teams to the state like in 2004 when the two Region 2 teams met in the championship game). That's my main objection to just making the 8 Region champs the representatives to the Fling.

Having a 8-team field is consistent with the way the colleges do it. I like that better than just a "final 4".

aren't there 8 regions?..........i just think if you win your region in a double elimination tournament you deserve to go to the state tourney ............i have spent the whole week watching a four team tournament at Oakland...........the winner will play the winner of another four team tournament tomorrow night for the championship..........i don't think it's a bad thing to have 8 teams in the state playoffs................i do think the one game playoffs for the region and substate are the wrong way to determine the teams...........regional tourneys should be double elimnation and if you must have a sub state round it should be best of three..........one stud pitcher should not be able to carry a team to the state where you have to have a good staff to win.......just my opinion and i am just a dad who loves the game!..........did make it to mtsu to see the first bartlett/frankin game yesterday,,, you guys look tough!...........should be a great game friday night

I disagree with the idea of taking one from every region, period.

Region 8-AA's representative in this would get beat by whatever score the other team wanted both games. There's other weak regions, but 8-AA is the most glaring. They got beat a combined 43-0 in the sectionals.

I'd prefer three-game series in the sectionals.

Or, for 7-AA vs 8-AA, one doubleheader. :thumb:

I have mixed emotions. At times I'd like to see it set up where a team needs more than just one pitcher to make the state. OTOH I like the current Sectional because it doesn't penalize a stronger Region (they can send 2 teams to the state like in 2004 when the two Region 2 teams met in the championship game). That's my main objection to just making the 8 Region champs the representatives to the Fling.

Having a 8-team field is consistent with the way the colleges do it. I like that better than just a "final 4".

good point .............i think two of three for the sectional would be a good thing though as well as double elim for the region