Marshall Co. vs. Goodpasture

mcfan10

Most umpires give a little inside or outside if the pitcher is able to hit their spots. Rarely...do they give both. It shouldn't take more than an inning for a good pitcher and catcher to adjust. The interior line of the batter's box is usually not in play. Most don't even bother to line it. As long as you don't step on the plate (on contact)...and as long as the ump doesn't give a base for a hit batter when they are leaning into the strike zone...it's just part of the game.

:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The strike zone for Marshall Co. was gettin smaller all night. Goodpasture's kept getting bigger.

The strike zone for Marshal County stayed the same it's just that the multiplier system of 1.8 made the zone larger for Goodpasture. That was agreed upon by the TSSAA when the multipier was inacted.

You have an great team and a good coaching staff. Don't tarnish their accomplishments by such nonsense excuses.

Edited by std

"QUOTE(mcfan10 @ May 26 2006 - 04:13 PM)

The strike zone for Marshall Co. was gettin smaller all night. Goodpasture's kept getting bigger.

The strike zone for Marshal County stayed the same it's just that the multiplier system of 1.8 made the zone larger for Goodpasture. That was agreed upon by the TSSAA when the multipier was inacted.

You have an great team and a good coaching staff. Don't tarnish their accomplishments by such nonsense excuses"

So STD are you saying that the TSSAA, by using the multiplier rule, allowed single A schools to come up to AA, mandated to the umpires to increase the strike zone for these schools? If this is true how did the TSSAA officials reason that this would be equitable? Especially since the multiplier rule was used to try to even the playing field because most of these schools that moved up to AA recruit even though they claim they don't? You have to agree that these schools have the ability to attract higher caliber players, in larger cities, due to what they can offer?

If the TSSAA was trying to make it equitable, why not make it the same for both teams?

As to Marshall Co. having a great team, it is a team made up of girls with much God given talent and ability, and it is my hope they will continue to remember where the blessings in their life come from and always give God credit for those blessings on and off the field. It has been a wonderful 4 yrs. with much to be thankful for.

Edited by conehead

"QUOTE(mcfan10 @ May 26 2006 - 04:13 PM)

So STD are you saying that the TSSAA, by using the multiplier rule, allowed single A schools to come up to AA, mandated to the umpires to increase the strike zone for these schools? If this is true how did the TSSAA officials reason that this would be equitable? Especially since the multiplier rule was used to try to even the playing field because most of these schools that moved up to AA recruit even though they claim they don't? You have to agree that these schools have the ability to attract higher caliber players, in larger cities, due to what they can offer?

If the TSSAA was trying to make it equitable, why not make it the same for both teams?

It was sarcasm. The strike zone was very consistent for both teams throughout the game.

Who is your top seven teams?

I think on any given day, all of the teams there except for Haywood

could have been playing on the final day for the championship.

And Haywood's day is coming since they were so young.

Just look at the scores, Alcoa loses twice 1-0 & is the first team sent

home. Greenbrier loses twice 1-0, Gibbs lsoes 1-0 & 2-0.

All it takes in any of those games is for one break to go their way

& it's a whole new ballgame.

That's why I saw one bad call or giving a good hitter an "extra" strike

can be the difference in a tight ballgame. Not making excuses or being a

sore loser, just stating facts. And I've been around this game longer than some

of you have been alive.

It was a great tourney with great competition. I tip my hat to Goodpasture

for winning the championship, I say congratulations to a gutty Covington

squad for battling out of a tough losers bracket to make it all the way

back to the championship & I salute all the teams who made it to

Murfreesboro.

As for my favorite team, the Lewisburg Tigerettes, thanks for a tremendous

four year ride. So many thrills, so many memories. A special group

who made Lewisburg proud.

Conehead-

Please tell me that you know that STD was being sarcastic in his comments about the 1.8 multilier rule. The strike zone is technically the same for both schools.

I was very impressed with the Marshall County team this year, on and off the field. Your girls should be very proud of what they have accomplished.

All you can say about Goodpasture is that they know how to win. Throw the multiplier at them (which could be called the Goodpasture rule) and they still win in a higher classification.

STD- was that the same umpiring crew that called 4 illegal pitches in the Soddy game that we had in our game? I'm betting it was.

I think on any given day, all of the teams there except for Haywood

could have been playing on the final day for the championship.

And Haywood's day is coming since they were so young.

Just look at the scores, Alcoa loses twice 1-0 & is the first team sent

home. Greenbrier loses twice 1-0, Gibbs lsoes 1-0 & 2-0.

All it takes in any of those games is for one break to go their way

& it's a whole new ballgame.

That's why I saw one bad call or giving a good hitter an "extra" strike

can be the difference in a tight ballgame. Not making excuses or being a

sore loser, just stating facts. And I've been around this game longer than some

of you have been alive.

It was a great tourney with great competition. I tip my hat to Goodpasture

for winning the championship, I say congratulations to a gutty Covington

squad for battling out of a tough losers bracket to make it all the way

back to the championship & I salute all the teams who made it to

Murfreesboro.

As for my favorite team, the Lewisburg Tigerettes, thanks for a tremendous

four year ride. So many thrills, so many memories. A special group

who made Lewisburg proud.

Well said, one error, a close call, a key hit make all the difference in the world. There were 7 teams capable of winning the championship. Marshall Co. got a call on obstruction at third that led to a run on a ground ball next batter allowing them to beat Greenbrier. We made a throwing error that allowed Covington to go ahead 1-0 early in the game, Greenbrier dropped a throw to the plate that arrived ahead of the only run scored in an elimination game. A very evenly matched tournament.

STD- was that the same umpiring crew that called 4 illegal pitches in the Soddy game that we had in our game? I'm betting it was.

In the Marshall Co game it was the same crew we had had all week. In the Championship game the crews were mixed.