Knox Halls

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Carter at Halls tonight.

Union Co. scrimmage claimed some injuries one could be a big one. Dayton hurt his back and may miss the start of the season.

WMAK channel 7 has Halls 3 times on the tube beginning with Sevier Co. They are also showing the Clinton & Powell games. B)

http://www.wmaktv.com/football.html

With Dayton out - who will pick up at wide receiver?

hhsbball12,

I think I know who you are. How is basketball going? Do you have any offers for college?

Basketball is going good thanks and none yet but hopefully some will come.

fairplay2121 Posted Today, 07:13 AM

I heard Halls had a scrimmage tonight. Anybody know who they are playing and where it is to be held?

It was tonight with Carter and I saw the equivalent of about 3 quarters and we were down I think 21-0....like someone said earlier no Dayton didn't play and I will get to that in a sec. but it didn't matter if he would have played because like someone else previously stated we didn't throw that often and when we did it was a sack or very very hurried pass on the run....Back to our whole offense-Daniel Dayton....I have a class with him and he told me personally he should start practicing again Tuesday and be back in time for the Sevier County game but yet again it wouldnt matter if we had T.O. running routes, becuase even he probably couldn't get open because the QB doesn't have time to take a 5 step drop :thumb: ....But....

As Always....Go Big Red!

It appears Central has some of hteir injuried players back. The MLB who was out (Owens) with an illness is expected to return. The Lineman whose name escapes me is out and Jamie Wilson is out all though speculation is he will return.

Halls was down by 21 to Carter? Carter is rebuilding from a great season last year. If I remember correctly they were a senior dominated team last year and like Halls will be inexperienced this year. That being said I realize Halls is young an inexperienced as well but the Carter Hornets shouldn't be up 21 on them. Halls has a great Coaching Staff from what I hear from my friends in Halls. So maybe the players need to grow up, respond to coaching, and be prepared for S.C. in a couple of weeks. If they don't it could be a disastorious season for the Devils. I thought they might give the Bobcats a game this year. But from the sound of things they will struggle no matter whose playing for C.H.S.

hhsbball12,

Good to hear bball is going well. I have seen you play many times over the past 3 years both for the Devils and AAU and I am surprised you have not been offered. Hang in there the offers will come.

Can't get over the Carter score, I definetely thought it would be different. I don't care about scrimmages, just look at Webb jamboree last year. We took our licking and went 7-3 and made the playoffs. I have a feeling the same will happen this year.

I was around the field last night and saw some of the 1st half. From what I heard Halls held its own when it was first string against first string, especially on defense. The first score for Carter was when the 2nd string was playing. Halls 2nd string drove inside the 10 but went for a 4th and 1 and didnt' make it. I don't know what happened in 2nd half.

On the upside for Halls (I am desperately looking for one) the freshmen team scrimmaged the Carter freshmen on the practice field and, from reliable sources, won big. The future is brighter than the present but I would love to see this team over-achieve and surprise people like me who don't expect much this year.

Anybody know who is calling the plays on offense in Ward's absence?

Carter scored on our first possession of the scrimmage, how is that against the 2nd string?

We scored 2 touchdowns Varsity vs. Varsity. The 2nd Touchdown might have been JVs.

both of Halls' starting corners did not scrimmage last night. that is probably what was meant by 2nd string. and to answer the o-coordinator question, Coach Ward has recovered and is back at the helm.

Carter scored on our first possession of the scrimmage, how is that against the 2nd string?

We scored 2 touchdowns Varsity vs. Varsity. The 2nd Touchdown might have been JVs.

I stand corrected. I called the guy who told me my information and he said he missed the first series. I apologize. I have no problem accepting who won the scrimmage.

Good luck this year.