Knox Halls

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVT,

I think Halls will be down from last year but the record could be about the same. Sound kind of wierd? With a couple of exceptions, I think the teams on Halls schedule will be down as well. Halls loses a ton of talent but they are gaining some great incoming sophs. I look for Halls to beat the teams it beat last year except for maybe one or two. (West or Sevier Co.) They might sneak up on Central or Powell. I look for the overall record to be about 7-3 or 6-4. (Although I conceed a loss to none) I could live with 5-5 but I would consider anything less a dissapointment.

A lot will depend on how fast the young guys grow up.

fariplay,

I am afraid the Devils might be in a little trouble this year. They didn't look very good against DB. They did bounce back in the next scrimmage, but they lost a ton of good players from last year's team.

I hope they are working extra hard this summer. The schedule was a little better last year than in the past. Sevier Co, Central, Powell, Maryville will be tough games to win, but we should have a shot at the others. Now how good of a shot, only time will tell.

The Morristown West Trojans think it will be

1 Maryville

2 Central

3 Powell

4 West

5 Halls

6 S-D

7 Clinton

8 Lenior City

Trojans vs Maryville on Friday Nov. 24

with the winner going to the Clinic Bowl.

GO Trojans !!!!

Every year folks put West in as a play off team and every year they end up out of the mix. Rest assured the top four will be Central, Powell, Maryville, and Halls.

1. Maryville Great coaching, great support, good players, and the ability to accept transfers from all over E. Tn. make them a powerhouse that will be hard to un seat.

2. Powell Great Line, Transfer will make a big difference at Q.B. New coach will bring energy and for Panther fans hopefully some discipline to a very talented team.

3. Central Very good soph. class. Wilson will make a lot of folks forget about past great Central running backs. Q.B. would be tough to replace even if Cruze didn't go home to Powell. Now they have to go with the next guy. Not all is well on the Hill. Some misunderstandings between coaches, administgrators, etc... Look for the Cats to have everything under control by the end of the season and be a very tough # 3 seed in the play offs.

4. Halls Players and community is very excitedm about the direction of the program under Julian. Soph class is very strong but not as athletic as Central. Daniels is an impact reciever. They will struggle early but will make a run late to secure the # 4 spot.

The rest who cares. West will be the only threat but history says they will fade at crunch time.

I like your optimism RedandBlack and I hope your right about Halls. If they did get to #4 this year it would be one heck of a accomplishment for KJ,Don Ward & staff. :lol:

The receiver Daniels, I think is Daniel Dayton and I agree he holds a big key to the offense this year. Just not sure how much time the QBs will have to throw the ball to him. Dobyns Bennett manhandled our line and our QBs were running for their lives most of the time. We looked better against Campbell Co. at the next scrimmage, but looked a little flat in the Red & white game. I'm thinking just like you up and down early and then be settled by mid season.

zcar,

Agree on all points of your evaluation of the Devils. But remember, a lot of teams get manhandled by D-B. And you have to admit Campbell Co. is not exactly the cream of the crop when you play in our region.

Hey, were you surprised that neither Lockwood and Lucas got drafted in baseball? What a bummer, sure thought Lockwood would get a call, hoping for Trey-boy also.

Yes I really thought Lucas could have been a least a late round selection being a catcher and the offensive numbers he put up this year. I have heard that because Lockwood deceided early at a D-1 school UT in his junior year that the Major League teams tend to shy away from drafting you.

Good to hear about Ex Halls standout Dustin Black who was selected on the first day about round 4. A big surprise on Zach Helton being listed in the draft. I think he is sticking with Memphis and maybe climb the draft ladder later on.

zcar,

Agree on all points of your evaluation of the Devils. But remember, a lot of teams get manhandled by D-B. And you have to admit Campbell Co. is not exactly the cream of the crop when you play in our region.

Hey, were you surprised that neither Lockwood and Lucas got drafted in baseball? What a bummer, sure thought Lockwood would get a call, hoping for Trey-boy also.

I don't mean to be a thread jumper here, RD1, but I was really surprised that neither Lockwood nor Lucas were selected, either. Both are outstanding baseball players and two of the hitters I never looked forward to facing when coaching summer baseball against them.

I believe that both will do very well in college and will have their name called on draft day in three years.

• 1 month later...

I like your optimism RedandBlack and I hope your right about Halls. If they did get to #4 this year it would be one heck of a accomplishment for KJ,Don Ward & staff. :lol:

The receiver Daniels, I think is Daniel Dayton and I agree he holds a big key to the offense this year.

Hey ZCAR,

Does Halls have any "good hands" recievers that can make the big catch for 8-10 yards. I know Dayton can go deep and loves the sideline but I don't remember him going across the middle much. If he can add that to his game, he will play a bigger role I think. He is not going to surprise anybody this year. They will be laying off of him so he will have to catch some short ones to draw them up.

I know the coaches are high on Cooper's throwing ability and would like to use it. I just don't know if they can protect him and if we have the receivers that get open consistently.

1. Maryville Great coaching, great support, good players, and the ability to accept transfers from all over E. Tn. make them a powerhouse that will be hard to un seat.

Gee ... I didn't realize that the rest of East Tennessee didn't allow people to transfer or move into their community . No wonder Maryville is getting so crowded . :lol:

I think Halls will have to win some tough games to even make it to the play-offs. Halls can be a play-off team this year, but they will be lucky to make the #3 seed in 3-4A.

Halls still has a chance though. Everyone knows Maryville will probably have the #1 seed this year. The other 4 to fill the other 3 spots are West, Powell, Central, and Halls. It will probably come down to the last regular season game to decide where everyone is.