Newspaper coverage

oswego

• 11 months later...
Now that Spring Fling is over, what media outlets provided best coverage.

although the daily news journal out of murfreesboro has recieveda lot of flack due to their spring coverage this year LAST YEAR their coverage was abosolutly GREAT!!!!! their coverage of all events and school was really good and very impressive i would not be surprised if they contiued that same coaverage this year

What has happend in 07?

Can't speak from personal experience on the Memphis area, but from what

I have seen over the years, the Chattanooga Free Times Press gives the best

local coverage of High School sports.

No, I am not from the Chattanooga area, but if our team does play there,

you can read about it the next day.

I am HIGHLY disappointed in the lack of coverage in the Nashville Tennessean,

when playing in the Nashville area.

Can't speak from personal experience on the Memphis area, but from what

I have seen over the years, the Chattanooga Free Times Press gives the best

local coverage of High School sports.

No, I am not from the Chattanooga area, but if our team does play there,

you can read about it the next day.

I am HIGHLY disappointed in the lack of coverage in the Nashville Tennessean,

when playing in the Nashville area.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks!

If a Nashville-area team was playing on the moon (which, I might add, would be highly unusual, but newsworthy, wouldn't ya say?), I'm sure the moon's newspaper coverage would be better. :) (the moon doesn't have a newspaper. Get it?)

If a Nashville-area team was playing on the moon (which, I might add, would be highly unusual, but newsworthy, wouldn't ya say?), I'm sure the moon's newspaper coverage would be better. :) (the moon doesn't have a newspaper. Get it?)

That was cheesy....LOL

Lockridge does most of the softball at the tennessean which is usually not much unless someone calls in something. Last year we had a preseason report for each sport, that is gone, he had a state tourny lineup and analysis, thats gone. he has however added daily tidbits concerning certain games and players accomplishments, which was nice. But that has even gone away once districts started. Lately his news is when something is negative. He showed up to our game during districts, and was asked why are you here. He stated "I am here if Goodpasture loses, because it is not news if they win only if they don't." When I need to know what's going on in the high school softball world I go online and read the daily and the chattanooga paper, they seem to be the most interested in softball.

If a Nashville-area team was playing on the moon (which, I might add, would be highly unusual, but newsworthy, wouldn't ya say?), I'm sure the moon's newspaper coverage would be better. :rolleyes: (the moon doesn't have a newspaper. Get it?)

Some of the Spring Fling articles appearing in the Nashville paper are actually from the DNJ of Murfreesboro.