2006 AAU Nationals (9U-16u) Predictions

As the Nationals draw near, which AAU program will have the most overall success

(for all the age groups combined, 9U-16U). (Tennessee teams only)

Also, what are your predictions for the highest finish by any team from Tennessee.

Name the team,age group and their final ranking.

Good luck to all the teams :lol:

As the Nationals draw near, which AAU program will have the most overall success

(for all the age groups combined, 9U-16U). (Tennessee teams only)

Also, what are your predictions for the highest finish by any team from Tennessee.

Name the team,age group and their final ranking.

Good luck to all the teams :lol:

In my humble opinion the two pride teams out of Tennessee, KGC Pride & Team Pride, will have the most success.

THe KGC Pride out of Knoxville has 2 teams in National Championship play 9U & 13U.

The 9U team is good but this is obviously their first trip so we'll se how that goes.

The 13U team is battle tested, having finished in the top 5 the last few years, and have a very good shot at winning it all with the addition of some key players this year. I have no doubt in my mind they have the tools necessary to finsh top 4.

Tennesee Team Pride also boasts a strong lineup and I look for them to do well. They have a history of success in the Nationals.

Edited by TheQuestion9

Not sure about Div I, but for anyone interested in Div II, the 14U Tennessee Raiders have a very good opportunity to win the Div II National Championship. I've see them play and they're strong. They have depth as well. Anxious to hear how they end up at the National Championship.

The AAU program in Tennessee that will have the most overall success will probably be the Tennessee Team Pride. They have teams participating in all age groups 9U - 16U, with the lone exception being in 12U. Realistically, I believe all of their teams with the exception of the 11U and 13U team have a strong chance of finishing in the Top 16 (13U could possibly, but they would have to have some things go their way).

Another organization that will have alot of success is the Memphis Lady Elite. They have 4, possibly 5, teams that are capable of finishing extremely high at Nationals as well (12U (possibly both teams), 14U (both teams), and 15U).

There is no doubt in my mind that the KGC Lady Pride 9U and 13U teams will both finish very high at Nationals. The 13U squad has a legitimate shot at winning the entire thing, with the Beyond The Rim Hurricanes not participating (according to my sources). The 9U will be in the mix as well, because the coaches of these young girls will find a way for them to win.

We have all read your post for the 11u group in a previous thread. I think we ALL know your feelings on the 11u group. However, that was not the question asked for this thread. This is about the overall best program based on the success of all their teams at Nationals and the highest finish from Tennessee team (all teams combined).

'briank',

It looks like a two part question post to me, I was focusing on the 2nd part as it reads here below:

"Also, what are your predictions for the highest finish by any team from Tennessee. Name the team,age group and their final ranking."

Sorry for the irritation... :lol:

So the only teams everyone thinks have a chance are the Team Pride teams , the memphis teams and the KGC teams. What about the suprise teams. The ones that are not part of a "club" but still made it to the nationals.

If you will go back and read the post that is not what pt guard and others are saying....the discussion has gone from what teams will do well and then the question changed to what "Programs" or "clubs" will do the best.

Tennessee has represented quite well so far considering how many teams in each age group we send.

Pt Guard - thanks for the clear and easy to read updates. Much appreciated! :blink:

Edited by go tigers