Who has the TOP region in 3A

eastjet

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I would have said: TOP 25 TEAMS IN 3A

1.) Region Two (AE, Fulton, LA, Knoxville Catholic, and Anderson Co.)

2.) Region Five (Lipscomb, Cheatham, Marshall Co, and Creek Wood)

3.) Region Seven (Crockett Co., Covington, Haywood and Dyersburg)

4.) Region Four (Pearl-Cohn, Greenbrier, and White House)

5.) Region Six (Lexington, Liberty, and Jackson South Side)

6.) Region Three (Notre Dame & Polk Co.)

7.) Region Eight (Trezevant & Mitchell)

8.) Region One (Carter & Seymour)

This Year?????????????????????????????? We'll just have to wait and see :lol:

There are many that will go with Region Two based on what has been the case since 2001. THE PAST MEANS NOTHING AS FAR AS IT RELATES TO 2006!!!! There are some that will get on here and suggest Region Four. I guess for that question to be solved we'll just have to wait for Thanksgiving Weekend to roll around because that's when the semifinals will take place. I would venture to guess that on that Friday night Knoxville Catholic or Fulton will be traveling to the midstate to play either Pearl-Cohn or White House. I DO BELIEVE THAT REGION TWO WILL ONCE AGAIN BE HEAD & SHOULDERS ABOVE REGION ONE & LIKE LAST YEAR I BELIEVE REGION FOUR WILL BE BETTER THAN REGION THREE BUT UNLIKE LAST YEAR REGION THREE WILL NOT HAVE THE BETTER TEAM (ND) THAT BEATS TWO OF THE TOP THREE POWERHOUSES IN REGION FOUR.

As far as the western half of the brakcet goes I have no clue. Lipscomb will be the favorite to come away the champs of Region Five (and probably the favorites to get to the 'Boro). In Region Six it will come down to Liberty and South Side. Region Seven will be very competitive again this year with Dyersburg, Covington, and Crockett Co. all in the title hunt. In Region Eight expect Mitchell to bring home the championship (but unfortunately for them they won't get beyond round two because Crockett, Dyersburg, and Covington are all better than they are).

WHO PLAYS IN THE 2006 CLASS 3A TITLE GAME????????

I'll give five possibilities in both the east & the west.

East: Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Fulton, White House, and Pearl-Cohn

West: David Lipscomb, Marshall Co., Covington, Dyersburg, and Crockett Co.