Coffee County Football

remeber i said potential - but if it happens i think the losses would come against Baylor and brentwood or maybe LC they just seem to have our number no matter what. But remeber I didn't say they would win eight games i said they have the potential to.

Not sure if Baylor will be as potent as last yr...depends on the qb situation.

Brentwood will be tough.

Shelbyville is much better. I think the game will be very close.

Cookeville and Lincoln Co will be tough to beat.

You probably have a slight edge over Warren Co and Franklin Co. Both are one or two yrs away from having good teams.

Cumberland Co may struggle. You should win this one easily. Hopefully, it won't be a monsoon like two yrs ago. Geesh! That was terrible to play in.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what push from the OL. the long runs smyrna gave up were from mental mistakes from a new defense, playing against the wing t they had not practiced against, and some badly missed tackles. you are right though, smyrna does need to fix those mistakes before the season starts.

Smyrna's interior d line played high and without much pad leverage.Cc's ol had a 1 yard push on most plays{viewed from beside the chain gang}.Smyrna's linebackers did a good job takeing up the slack.Also could be hard for Smyrna to compete in their region without a running game. R'dale and others in region 4 have the athletes to shut down the pass.

Shelbyville should be good they have the athletes that is for sure, they just can't ever seem to get it all together, you never know about baylor one year they are great and then the next they can be so-so, ya that year was horrid in the rain at cumberland, i was trying to keep stats and take pictures wow that was fun.

If I remeber correctly, the game was moved up to Thurs night because of what was to come....the heavy rains came early Thurs afternoon and the game was played in heavy rain. Could hardly see at times. Then on Fri...it was nice and clear.

Didn't it come down to turnovers in the 4th quarter? Cumberland Co was a tough hard nose team who tried to outhit their opponents and they had a good qb.

no that game was close in the firs half and then a blowout in the second if i remeber right, i know they didn't score in the fourth. i could be wrong but i think thats right I'll have to dig out my stats to make sure.

no that game was close in the firs half and then a blowout in the second if i remeber right, i know they didn't score in the fourth. i could be wrong but i think thats right I'll have to dig out my stats to make sure.

You may be right, I do remember Cumberland Co having trouble handling the wet ball and I remember the monsoon.

Smyrna's interior d line played high and without much pad leverage.Cc's ol had a 1 yard push on most plays{viewed from beside the chain gang}.Smyrna's linebackers did a good job takeing up the slack.Also could be hard for Smyrna to compete in their region without a running game. R'dale and others in region 4 have the athletes to shut down the pass.

dont need much of a running game when you can pass for 300 yrds and throw 6 td passes