Coffee County Football

dont need much of a running game when you can pass for 300 yrds and throw 6 td passes

...This is true but sometimes the game conditions and situations prevent you from going to your wr's as much as you would like...the "RAMS" showed you that when our "D" stopped you inside the 5-yd line on four straight plays...that particular series ended up 0-0 :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rams dbs were burnt so many times they would need dental records to identify them :D

...I agree...they did give up a few passes to the Smyrna wr's...but that running game ain't worth a flip...big time 5A schools were ok but don't go patting yourself on the back just yet...the way yall' were talkin' little ole Tyner wasn't supposed to have a chance...and by the way before you start tellin' those fairy tales, in the three series we played against Smyrna the scores were 1-0, 1-1 and 0-0...Yeah, I can see why you talk so much :)

to be honest no one was talking before the scrimmage because no on had ever heard of chattanooga tyner

we heard when we got there that tyner was a real good 2a team that can beat 5a teams

the scrimmage was about as you woud expect a 2a team with a few good players but not enough over all depth

But in the end it was a scrimmage and who cares they don't give gold balls for scrimmages and who knows what each team is looking at I know smyrna used 3 different centers and probably 5 different lineups in the o line

you have to admit one thing smyrna's qb can flat throw it

good luck to tyner thanks for a good scrimmage

Edited by 82cat

to be honest no one was talking before the scrimmage because no on had ever heard of chattanooga tyner

we heard when we got there that tyner was a real good 2a team that can beat 5a teams

the scrimmage was about as you woud expect a 2a team with a few good players but not enough over all depth

But in the end it was a scrimmage and who cares they don't give gold balls for scrimmages and who knows what each team is looking at I know smyrna used 3 different centers and probably 5 different lineups in the o line

aside from any differences we may have on the scrimmage i will give smyrna props on the passing game but the running game isn't so hot and the d-line is lacking from what i saw, the linebackers looked good though

I will return the props

cc plays hard and is well coached

but you have to admit from a pure team athletic make up they are a little short overall

45 is fast

the little bit of throwing you did will help your running game. you just have to have the threat to throw it to make folks play you honest

good luck to cc thanks for the scrimmage

I will return the props

cc plays hard and is well coached

but you have to admit from a pure team athletic make up they are a little short overall

45 is fast

the little bit of throwing you did will help your running game. you just have to have the threat to throw it to make folks play you honest

good luck to cc thanks for the scrimmage

45 is fast but 30 is faster he beat gaston miller in track. his name is le-hawkins he didn't get the ball much in fridays scrimmage but he had over 1,000 yards last season.

I think we are going to throw more this year, also just want to say to the comments on the defense earlier someone correct me if i'm wrong but we stayed in our base almost the entire time and didn't go after the backfield like we did against riverdale in the spring because both of our starting lb's are out right now

It lloked to me like your d was set up to stop the run big time. But in yor region that is smart since most of the teams are run oriented.

I really think with our qb and receivers we will be 70% throw 30% run

last yr we were about 50/ 50

yes most of the teams we play will run the ball about 70% of the time. i honestly believe we have the potential to win eight of our games. good luck to smyrna

...same to you '82cat'...it was all good...we needed the work to see how the young db's would do...not making any excuses but entire backfield on Offense and Defense are 1st year starters...smyrna's qb is good as as I said earlier the wr's are exceptional(6'0 and taller)...good luck to both C.C. and Smyrna and hopefully we can do it again next year :D

...same to you '82cat'...it was all good...we needed the work to see how the young db's would do...not making any excuses but entire backfield on Offense and Defense are 1st year starters...smyrna's qb is good as as I said earlier the wr's are exceptional(6'0 and taller)...good luck to both C.C. and Smyrna and hopefully we can do it again next year :D

i'm sure cc and tyner will go again they always do

You know dude, I'm not exactly for sure what your talking about with that sentence, whether it was the statement that Coach Thompson has already been replaced, or that we'll just wait till season and see what happens. Cuz I know that Coach Thompson has been replaced by the coach from Sequatchie Co.'s program, got the confermation today from the principal of Coffee Co.

Remember several weeks ago, a coach from Sequatchie County was going to come to CC and coach; well I hate to say I told you so but that coach is now at Grundy County.

Dont ever count those chicks until they hatch.