Grace/Silverdale

cwoodsboy

Just leave the money stuff up to administration

Who else would it be up to?

But why not talk about it? Isnt that what forums are for?

I see no way either team will make money with this. Think about the turnout for the SBA Grace game last year. It was a good crowd. Now when you play the game at finley you are moving it much farther from the schools campus (which is where majority of students live around.) Plus tickets jump to like 8 bucks plus parking. And I dont think the grace silverdale "rivalry" will draw too many thrid party spectators. But i have been wrong.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be a joke becuase i go to grace but go to church at silverdale and i am good friends and always talk to students and football players at silverdale and they dont consider us a rivlay..they said if anyone was a rivaly it would be david brainard or copper basin..as i was told yall got into a fight with them in football and someone from copper basin got thrown out of a basketball game for throwin a punch at one of the players

This must be a joke becuase i go to grace but go to church at silverdale and i am good friends and always talk to students and football players at silverdale and they dont consider us a rivlay..they said if anyone was a rivaly it would be david brainard or copper basin..as i was told yall got into a fight with them in football and someone from copper basin got thrown out of a basketball game for throwin a punch at one of the players

That is true about Copper Basin.But Grace is kind of naturally their rival b/c they are maybe 5 minutes apart and in the same disrtict and the students know each other pretty well.

What a dumb move to play this game at Finley... I hope Silverdale did this, not Grace cause they are gonna lose a ton of money. And a football game on top of that.

Actually, Frank Burke wants to make sure Finley is getting used frequently and has made it very affordable for a high school to play in. It's quite cheap actually. They will not lose money on this deal at all.

Josh Blake will be running the show this year. He will be a sophmore. Boy can flat out play. He will play at the next level. Kevin Pollard will do most of the running. Grace might show some option with Blake at the QB he has good speed. Grace will have alot of depth at wide out. They is not lacking in the skill posstions. Size will hurt against some bigger schools, but should hurt them too badly in the region. As a whole they will have much more depth which will help them alot.

Losing Dilts will hurt, but not that big of a deal.

And on the defensive side of the ball, I have no idea...

Actually, Pollard will be one of many backs showcased in a very multiple offense, and he will get some of the carries, not most.

Actually, Frank Burke wants to make sure Finley is getting used frequently and has made it very affordable for a high school to play in. It's quite cheap actually. They will not lose money on this deal at all.

I wouldnt count on more fans than that were in attendance at last years game... The schools are what, 3 miles apart? The game is being moved 25 mins away. Dont get me wrong, its a great venue for high school sports and makes great memories for your players. But if it were up to me id want it at my place were i get all the gate and have what ever homefield advantage I could get. Now since it is an away game for Grace its fine with me. Glad to see those guys get to play there.

I wouldnt count on more fans than that were in attendance at last years game... The schools are what, 3 miles apart? The game is being moved 25 mins away. Dont get me wrong, its a great venue for high school sports and makes great memories for your players. But if it were up to me id want it at my place were i get all the gate and have what ever homefield advantage I could get. Now since it is an away game for Grace its fine with me. Glad to see those guys get to play there.

The overall cost for this game to Silverdale is almost equal to the amount they pay to rent Washington Hills for the night. Combine that with the fact it is their Homecoming and they will not lose any money. More than likely they will make a little more than they would at Washington Hills.

The overall cost for this game to Silverdale is almost equal to the amount they pay to rent Washington Hills for the night. Combine that with the fact it is their Homecoming and they will not lose any money. More than likely they will make a little more than they would at Washington Hills.

Very true.well said

Oh yeah, I forgot they dont have their own field and have to rent anyways. Well, that makes a little more sense.

Im going to have to go with Grace on this one!!!

After seeing grace and silverdale play on saturday at the jamboree at finley,i definitely believe that when silverdale and grace play on sept 1st,it will be a good game,much like last year,except for not nearly as sloppy.temple beat grace 13-0 but grace looked solid with some good athletes.silverdale beat david brainerd 17-0. DB looked like they had improved from last year but still looked pretty weak.however silverdale showed some promise with a pretty strong running game and a solid defense. good luck to both teams on weeks 0 next week. Kings Academyat Silverdale,David Brainerd at Grace.