Best Light-weight?

takedown42

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 02trojan

what about Kyle James he was light as a freshmen and was sometime beaten because of this but this session he was the same size as everyone else and he destroyed everyone he wrestled. or what about Dennis Dobbs every year he wrestled he won the state.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

What a great match that would be....Cordell is at 119 and I'm not sure where James will be but it would be a fun match to watch. My pick would be Cordell. Shawn has improved so much since last year and he is much stronger now. Shawn has a great chance to join the exclusive 4Xer's club. Who knows maybe we'll get to see them got at it sometime this year?

just for informations sake. cordell and james trained together for years under "shane turner" in the sd mat brats. we will see where both wrestlers wind up, but i will tell you one thing, kyle will NOT be at 103. through all this discussion about the GREATEST WRESTLERS no one has mentioned "kevin ward" at all. amazing! maybe some of you should talk with simpson and keller. they used to want to train with kevin every chance they got. phillip would quiz kevin all the time on this and that and loved kevin's style on his feet. keller, trained with kevin and yost a lot. it blows my mind, that a kid missed being a "4 x state champ", by losing in overtime as a freshman and lost it while being to aggressive and going for the win. his senior year he was never scored on until the finals in the state when he had a broken hand that he did the night before the state tournament. of course, no one knew because he would have it no other way. Last of all, if anyone ever say Kevin Ward Wrestle, then they always knew they would see someone go hard for as long as he was on the mat. i have seen the Norfleet, Lewis, Vance, Batten, along with many others, but i have never seen anyone compare to the various attacks and agressive style of Kevin Ward.