Tennessee Flight at Nike Nationals

Tennessee Flight is off to a 2 - 0 start at Nike Nationals. Flight defeated the Georgia Nike Elite by 20 this morning. Flight was led in scoring by Cetera DeGraffenreid with 29 and Angela Puleo with 16.

Tennessee Flight second game in pool play was againist Orlando Comets Red. Comets Red two weeks ago won the 16 under AAU National title in Orlando, Florida. Flight led by as many as 16 but faught off a late comback to defeat the Comets 60 to 51. Flight was led in scoring by Angela Puleo with 18 points and Cetera DeGraffenreid with 14 points.

Flight takes the floor again Saturday at 11:30 against the host team Riverview Park Bobcats and againist Fencor Saturday evening at 8:30.

Is this the same Flight team that got beat early in the Memphis tourney last weekend?

Where were all the updates on that showcase?

Yes, the same team but the difference is that they took 7 kids to Memphis. They rested the rest of the kids for Nike Nationals. So yes the same team but not the same roster. They are full roster at Nike Nationals

Is this the same Flight team that got beat early in the Memphis tourney last weekend?

Where were all the updates on that showcase?

Do I detect a little hatred in this post?

I haven't really followed the "Tennessee Flight" except seeing info posted on theirs and some other websites, but I'd say a team that places 3rd at "Boo Williams Invitational", wins "Battle on the Bayou" in Birmingham, 3rd at "Battle in the Boro"; and has no fewer than 5 (and counting?) SEC and ACC commits must be pretty good and has a lot to be proud of. Like they say "It ain't bragging if you can back it up". Did get a chance to see them in Memphis. They almost all looked a step slow, and a bit tired, but all in all a solid team

I just got the information but it seems that Flight late last night beat Fencor with a healthy Elena Delle Donne by 8 to go 4 - 0 in pool play. Fencor which finished 2nd at AAU Nationals without star player Elena Delle Donne. Delle Donne hurt her ankle during the USA trails had not play until Nike Nationals. Flight plays New York Liberty Belles this morning at 10:15. If Flight wins then they will advance as the first place seed out of Pool C into the championship bracket. If Flight looses then it will be a 3 way tie for first place and the winner will come down to points.

Results of the Tennessee Flight's final game in the pool this morning:

After a close battle throughout the game, the TN Flight broke the game open against the Liberty Belles (New York) mid-way through the second half and went on to win by 16 points. The win leaves the Flight with a 5-0 record and a first place finish in pool play. They will begin championship bracket play tonight at 7:20 as they take on the Spokane Stars. One of the Stars top players is Angie Bjorklund who is committed to Tennessee. Tonight's game is the quarter-final round with the semi-finals and finals to be played tomorrow (Monday).

Edited by TNStars

Once again the TN Flight NIKE team turned a close game at halftime into a 15 point victory. The win tonight came at the expense of the Spokane Stars in the quarterfinals of the NIKE Nationals in Augusta, GA. Lady Vol commitment, Angie Bjorklund, kept the Stars close until she went to the bench in foul trouble.

The Flight will play tomorrow morning at 9:30 am in the semifinals against All Ohio. The other semifinal game will be between the Georgia Metros and The Family (Indiana).

AAU 16u champion, Orlando Comets, dropped to the Silver bracket at NIKE Nationals after failing to finish in the top two in their pool. AAU 16u runner-up, Fencor, was eliminated in the quarterfinals of the Gold bracket tonight.

Edited by TNStars