Congratulations!

Congratulations to MANY Tennessee teams who finished in the Elite 16 in the AAU National Championship Tournaments! It has been a great year for Tennessee AAU Basketball at all levels. Congratulations to:

9U's - Knoxville Girls Club Lady Pride (7th Place) and Tennessee Team Pride (9th Place)

10U's - Tennessee Team Pride (1st Place) and Tennessee Ladies (13th Place)

11U's - Tennessee Xtreme (2nd Place) and Tennessee Express (9th Place)

12U's -TN Flight Trotters (13th Place)

13U's - KGC Pride (4th Place)

14U's - Tennessee Team Pride (3rd Place Place) and Memphis Lady Elite-Miles (9th Place)

15U's - Tennessee Team Pride (4th Place)

16U's - Tennessee Team Pride (9th Place)

Keep up the hard work! :thumb:

Congratulations to MANY Tennessee teams who finished in the Elite 16 in the AAU National Championship Tournaments! It has been a great year for Tennessee AAU Basketball at all levels. Congratulations to:

9U's - Knoxville Girls Club Lady Pride (7th Place) and Tennessee Team Pride (9th Place)

10U's - Tennessee Team Pride (1st Place) and Tennessee Ladies (13th Place)

11U's - Tennessee Xtreme (2nd Place) and Tennessee Express (9th Place)

12U's -TN Flight Trotters (13th Place)

13U's - KGC Pride (4th Place)

14U's - Tennessee Team Pride (3rd Place Place) and Memphis Lady Elite-Miles (9th Place)

15U's - Tennessee Team Pride (4th Place)

16U's - Tennessee Team Pride (9th Place)

Keep up the hard work! :unsure:

Yes, MANY of the Tennessee teams did well this year and congrats to ALL the teams whether they placed high at Nationals or not. However, it is hard not to recognize what Team Pride has accomplished with 5 teams in the top 9 or better. :lol:

Yes, MANY of the Tennessee teams did well this year and congrats to ALL the teams whether they placed high at Nationals or not. However, it is hard not to recognize what Team Pride has accomplished with 5 teams in the top 9 or better. :o

What Team Pride has done this year at AAU Nationals is establish itself as the most successful AAU program top to bottom in the nation this year. Congratulations to Chris Brown, and all of the coaches and players in the Team Pride organization.

In addition to the accomplishments of all of the Tennessee teams mentioned in AAU Nationals, Tennessee represented extrememly well on the national level in the Nike and Adidas exposure events.

Tennessee Flight, having recently won the Nike Battle on the Bayou, finished runner-up yesterday in the Nike Nationals, and in reality had the game won. Both of these Nike events featured the best talent in girls' basketball. Congratulation to Matt and Tom Insell, and everyone involved in the Flight organization.

In addition, the Memphis Elite won the championships of both of the major Adidas events this year, the Deep South Classic back in April, and recently the Showtime event in Atlanta. Congratulation to Andre Pruitt and those involved in the Elite program.

What matters most in all of these cases is developing our talent and putting these girls in a position to enjoy the game and hopefully advance to the next level. I applaud everyone involved in girls' basketball in Tennessee for committing your time and resources to helping these girls. It has indeed been a great year.

What Team Pride has done this year at AAU Nationals is establish itself as the most successful AAU program top to bottom in the nation this year. Congratulations to Chris Brown, and all of the coaches and players in the Team Pride organization.

In addition to the accomplishments of all of the Tennessee teams mentioned in AAU Nationals, Tennessee represented extrememly well on the national level in the Nike and Adidas exposure events.

Tennessee Flight, having recently won the Nike Battle on the Bayou, finished runner-up yesterday in the Nike Nationals, and in reality had the game won. Both of these Nike events featured the best talent in girls' basketball. Congratulation to Matt and Tom Insell, and everyone involved in the Flight organization.

In addition, the Memphis Elite won the championships of both of the major Adidas events this year, the Deep South Classic back in April, and recently the Showtime event in Atlanta. Congratulation to Andre Pruitt and those involved in the Elite program.

What matters most in all of these cases is developing our talent and putting these girls in a position to enjoy the game and hopefully advance to the next level. I applaud everyone involved in girls' basketball in Tennessee for committing your time and resources to helping these girls. It has indeed been a great year.

According to the Elite website, they are the #1 overall AAU club in Tennessee.(Edging out Team Pride)

It's called the Buddy Overcast award (former Shelbyville Sport Shop coach). What point system did they use? Is it for this year or over a period of time? That's impressive to beat out Team Pride based on the year they had!

The Elite are the number one club in Tennessee and did win the Buddy Overcast trophy. When this was set up it's based upon what you do in Tennessee only. The accomplishments you have at the national level are not considered.

I agree with the criteria set for this award. It honors a great man in Tennessee girls basketball. It only considers the number of teams you have in girls basketball and how well you do in the state. Congratulations are due the Elite. They are a great organization with amazing athletes and great coaches and administrators. They are very much a top notch organization!

Congratulations Ladies and Gentlemen of the Elite program!

The Elite are the number one club in Tennessee and did win the Buddy Overcast trophy. When this was set up it's based upon what you do in Tennessee only. The accomplishments you have at the national level are not considered.

I agree with the criteria set for this award. It honors a great man in Tennessee girls basketball. It only considers the number of teams you have in girls basketball and how well you do in the state. Congratulations are due the Elite. They are a great organization with amazing athletes and great coaches and administrators. They are very much a top notch organization!

Congratulations Ladies and Gentlemen of the Elite program!

r u from memphis?

Edited by abby1

r u from memphis?

Actually I believe he is from Team Pride. It's interesting in that the Elite I believe actually led the series in head to head battles this year with the Pride, but the Pride had better results overall in the states and certainly in the nationals. Their award as the top program in the nation is a testament to their commitment to excellence. As I said earlier, it just goes to show how much talent there is overall in Tennessee, and how many great opportunities these girls have with these and other fine programs.

Edited by elitebball

elitebball is correct, I've been with the Pride for several years.

I think it's very healthy to admire good clubs like the elite. When we play, there is usually fierce competition on the court. Off the court we both respect what the other is doing for young women in basketball in Tennessee.

I think it's very healthy to admire good clubs like the elite. When we play, there is usually fierce competition on the court. Off the court we both respect what the other is doing for young women in basketball in Tennessee.

yep, can tell u r not from memphis

go pride

What kind of national award did Pride receive? I've never heard of such a national award? What organization presented it to Pride ? AAU? Not questioning the authenticity of the award, just curious.

AAU does a lot of stuff in all sports that gets few headlines.

The Memphis club won the state award.

Team Pride won the National award.

Edited by jimbo44

Go to the AAU girls basketball website and you will find it. Great job Pride. <_<