Season and Playoff Predictions

I thought I would start a thread for everyone to give their season predictions.

AFC West

Champ: Kansas City- Their defense should be improved and Herm Edwards will be a breath of fresh air as the new head coach.

2.) Denver- Should be basically the same type of team as last year's team that got to the conference title game.

3.) San Diego- Questions at QB keep this highly talented team out of the playoffs again this year.

4.) Oakland- Could be an okay team, but they play in too tough of a division.

AFC North

Champ: Cincinatti- As long as they keep their players out of jail, and Carson Palmer on his feet they should repeat as division champs.

2.) Pittsburgh- They didn't lose a lot of players, but the four they lost were all BIG contributors.

3.) Cleveland- This is a team on the rise. This team and Cincy will be class of the division after this season.

4.) Baltimore- I actually think they are better with Boller at QB than McNair. I just don't believe in the J. Lewis and S. McNair backfield.

AFC South

Champ: Indy- Anyone one that doesn't pick this team to win the division is a little crazy.

2.) Jacksonville- A good solid team. I think Leftwitch has the ability to carry this team DEEP into the playoffs, if can ever get to them healthy.

3.) Tennessee- Should be improved by two or three games from last year. The play of Volek will decide their success.

4.) Houston- I think Kubiak is gonna be a very good head coach, but I just don't think they have enough defensive or O-Line talent.

AFC East

Champ: New England- They are at the top until someone proves they can beat them.

2.) New York- My surprise team. It appears Pennington is back healthy for the first time in a couple of years, and that will make all the difference. Remember they were just in the playoffs two years ago.

3.) Miami- This team will go where Ronnie Brown takes them. I don't think he can carry the load for a ful season.

4.) Buffalo- The worst team in football.

NFC West

Champ: Seattle- They are the best team in a pretty weak division.

2.) St. Louis- With Bulger back healthy they will rebound.

3.) Arizona- Earlier i the summer I would have had them second, but every day Lienart holds out is gonna cost them wins. At some point Warner is gonna get hrt and they will need a quality back-up to fill in.

4. San Francisco- Alex Smith has to show improvment in year two or they could be set back for the next few years.

AFC North

1.) Chicago- Benson's shoulder injury over the weekend worries me, but I still think they are the class of the division.

2.) Minnesota- If they had someone other than Brad Johnson at QB I would have them at the top of the division.

3.) Detroit- A solid 8-8 team. Martz will help the offense.

4.) Green Bay- Favre should have retired so they could move on an get a new QB experience. Having Ahman Green back healthy could help them though.

NFC South

1.) Carolina- Too solid all around not to win the division barring injury.

2.) Tampa Bay- They have built this team around good young talent and are on the way up.

3.) Atlanta- If Vick plays well they could win the division. Abraham will help the defense take it up another notch.

4.) New Orleans- How healthy will Brees and Duece be? I think it will be next year before those two are right and this team has a chance to move up in this tough division.

NFC East

1.) Washington- A good team, but having old man Brunell as the only QB option with much playing experience is a scare. ( I think they would be a good fit for Kerry Collins.)

2.) New York- If Manning plays all season like he did the first half last year they win the division with ease.

3.) Dallas- T.O. doesn't make them that much better, especailly if his hamstring keeps acting up.

4.) Philly- If they get another quality WR they have a shot to get out of the division cellar.

PLAYOFFS

AFC

Byes: Kansas City and Cincy

Jacksonville at New England = Jacksonville gets it done

Pittsburgh at Indy = Indy with ease

Jacksonville at Kansas City = KC by 10

Indy at Cincy = Cincy squeaks it out

Cincy at KC = Cincy in OT

NFC

Byes: Carolina and Seattle

New York at Chicago = New York's defense smothers Grossman

Tampa Bay at Washington = Simms leads TB to the upset

New York at Carolina = Panthers

Tampa Bay at Seattle = Tampa Bay shows NFC south's strength

Tampa Bay at Carolina = Carolina is the class of the NFC

Super Bowl XLI

Cincy vs. Carolina = Three Cincy starters get arrested the Friday before the game and it costs them the title. Panthers 30 Cincy 24

Here is my predictions although I know that they will all be wrong.

AFC

East

New England- Brady and the Pats barely beat out the Phin’s.

Miami- Culpepper shows that he can carry the Load.

Buffalo- Who knows what they will do but they will be a game better than the Jets.

NY Jets- Offensive line help won’t help their anemic offense.

South

Indianapolis- Best in the league

Jacksonville- was a fluke in the playoffs last year and will fall short

Tennessee- VY will not see much of the field till late in the year.

Houston- could have had Reggie but were smoking dope and they still will be bad.

North

Pittsburgh-Super bowl champs will have an easier road to the top of the division.

Cincinnati- Palmer’s injury and the arrest have hurt the chemistry.

Baltimore- McNair won’t be enough to put them on the top.

Cleveland- not much to say here except they are always hurt.

West

Denver- Jake will keep the ball out of the defense’s hands and the running game will be strong.

San Diego- Rivers not as good as Brees right now but he will be better with time.

Kansas City- Larry Johnson will get his yards but that defense is still terrible.

Oakland- Brooks might have the big arm and will have more picks than Favre this year.

NFC

East

NY Giants- Eli has a lot more to prove but Tiki will bare the load.

Dallas- will have a more potent offense but T. O. will blow up on Bledsoe.

Washington- Brunell will get hurt and will not recover.

Philadelphia- although I think they will be better this year they still have a lot more rebuilding.

South

Tampa Bay- will ride the Cadillac into the playoffs.

Carolina- will be right there with the Bucs but running game has to keep them going.

Atlanta- Vick has to step up but won’t know how.

New Orleans- Reggie but no defense

North

Chicago – Defense will help get them back to the playoffs.

Minnesota- will be much improved and give the bears a run.

Green Bay – Favre needs to hang it up, Green and Gado need to be healthy.

Detroit- who knows what is going on in the motor city neither does the players.

West

Arizona- will be the surprise solid running game new stadium, and Kurt warner although I don’t like him he is a good QB when Healthy.

Seattle- the curse sets in and Alexander will either get hurt or have bad numbers and they won’t make the playoffs.

St. Louis- Jackson will be the workhorse and a lot of play action will be in store defense still needs help.

San Francisco- what can I say they are competing with the Texans for the worst team in the league.

Playoffs

AFC

Indy and Denver will get by’s again this year.

San Diego V New England- Foxboro in January to much for Chargers.

Pittsburgh V Miami- Miami Shows they can compete.

Denver V New England The pats fall short again in the mile high air.

Miami V Indy – Manning goes off and routes the Phin’s

Indy V Denver- Indy finally gets over the hump and makes it to the big game.

NFC

Chicago and Tampa Bay get by’s

Carolina V Arizona Panthers win big.

NY Giants V Minnesota- Giants get it done against the Vikings.

Chicago V Carolina- Once again the Panthers take it to the Bears.

Tampa Bay V Minnesota Buc’s D eats up Brad Johnson.

Carolina V Tampa Bay – running game is better for the Panthers this year but the Bucs squeak by with a field goal at the end of the game.

Super Bowl

XLI

Indy V Tampa Bay- Dungy Versus Gruden, Monte Kiffan and the Bucs D do it to Peyton like the Steelers did last season. Buc’s win by a touch down. Simms does like his daddy and wins a Super Bowl ring. Cadillac Williams Super bowl

• 2 weeks later...

My predictions 1-4....

AFC West:

Denver

San Diego

Kansas City

Oakland

AFC East:

New England

Miami

Buffalo

NY Jets

AFC North:

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Cleveland

AFC South:

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Houston

NFC East:

NY Giants

Dallas

Washington

Philly

NFC South

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Atlanta

New Orleans

NFC North

Chicago

Green Bay

Minnesota

Detroit

NFC West:

Seattle

Arizona

San Francisco

St.Louis

Arizona will make the playoffs...they're my suprise team...They'll have a great year on offense with they weapons they have...

Brett Farve may possibly have one of the best years in his career with it being his last...Minnesota has a good team all around; if the coach can get them together they can do some damage this upcoming year...

Pittsburg will win there division...Give me a team that is as solid all around as they are... They have one of the best running games in the league...They have a good passing attack...They have a really good defense too...There isn't much of a problem on special teams either...They're the most well rounded team in the NFL...Baltimore will be 2nd in this division...Good defense...Jamal Lewis running the ball...and Steve McNair will bring something to the passing games so now teams will have to honor that now and it will open up the running game...baltimore is going to be a pretty good team this year...This is a really good 3rd place team in the bengals...They have a good offense, and a decent defense, but I believe they just wont' do as well as The Steelers and Ravens...

Indy will make the playoffs but superbowl dreams will be short again...:ph34r:...