Chris Donald watch...

VOLnWTN

Lets talk about the classless act in last year's playoff loss to Huntingdon. With Milan trailing and Huntingdon with the ball, all was needed was take a knee and run the clock out for a Mustang victory. Oh no, Donald crosses everyone up, including from what I hear his own coach, and goes all the way for a TD. Now thats real class. You guys can bash me all you want but facts are facts.

:lol: did i miss something here. did anything about this post make sense

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY!!! HE's BACK!!

Duck,

Great post. You are right. We all would love for him to wear orange next year, but whatever he decides, its got to be the best for him. It reminds me of another athlete that signed w/ a little NAIA school just a couple of months ago. He could have went big time, but he was right at home where he went.

Tha Duck is back and this is my first post of the season. I've had the honor of meeting Chris and talking to him a time or two and known his dad for years. They are great people and Chris will do what's best for Chris. Like many on here, I'd love to see him runnin' thru the T on Saturdays but, that just ain't our call.

I can assure ya'll of one thing, Chris Donald for sure knows something about Tradition and Pride. He also knows about Honor and he will determine his own honor and I for one support whatever his decision is and support him no matter who he plays for in the future.

PS---Good posts kwc and Reignman

FINALLY!!! HE's BACK!!

Duck,

Great post. You are right. We all would love for him to wear orange next year, but whatever he decides, its got to be the best for him. It reminds me of another athlete that signed w/ a little NAIA school just a couple of months ago. He could have went big time, but he was right at home where he went.

So true!! This stuff happens every day. Chris is gonna be "big time" no matter where he goes too!

It is perfectly okay for VOL fans to want Chris to be a VOL but to stay he owes some loyalty to the state is "HOGWASH." Come on and demonstrate some intelligence so everyone in America will not think we are all low-IQ "rednecks" in Tennessee. Yes, Tennessee would be a great place but so would Notre Dame. Look, I am a UT fan but if Donald wants to go to Notre Dame then we ALL should be proud. There are NOT to many athletes from West TN. who have attended Notre Dame. He would represent TN and Huntingdon in great fashion if he signs with the Irish.

We need to back off this athelte and let him enjoy his senior season in high school football.

Now, lets get back to this loyalty thing. If home grown athletes should show some sort of loyalty to the Vols, then UT should be loyal to home grown athletes...... Correct?

What about the Willis kid from Bruceton. He wasnt heavly recruited by the VOLS and he really wanted to be a VOL. UT would be a much better team if Willis was the MLB for the VOLS. Yet, they chose the LB from JCM. Where is he now????? It seems like P. Willis

has proven himself at a place other than TN. All-American, Playboy All-American

ESPN Top 10, etc. and the list goes on......... Auburn recently had two very good players who started for the Tigers that TN didnt recruit. (Cooper Wallace and the Ross kid from CPA.) Alabama always has a guy from TN. Heck, Memphis had three West TN players on their bowl team. Seems like Auburn, Alabama, and Memphis are winning.......... Looks like the staff at TN doesnt agree with the loyalty thing. Seems to me they like traveling across America and thats ok. I support them if thats what they choose.

Chris Donald, do what is BEST for you and ignore "stupidity." You are in a win-win situation. Either school would be a great choice. By the way, Ole Miss looks to have an opening after this year. And, remember.... If you are GOOD enough, you can go to the NFL regardless of where you attend college.

Edited by TigerBenchPress

It is perfectly okay for VOL fans to want Chris to be a VOL but to stay he owes some loyalty to the state is "HOGWASH." Come on and demonstrate some intelligence so everyone in America will not think we are all low-IQ "rednecks" in Tennessee. Yes, Tennessee would be a great place but so would Notre Dame. Look, I am a UT fan but if Donald wants to go to Notre Dame then we ALL should be proud. There are NOT to many athletes from West TN. who have attended Notre Dame. He would represent TN and Huntingdon in great fashion if he signs with the Irish.

We need to back off this athelte and let him enjoy his senior season in high school football.

Now, lets get back to this loyalty thing. If home grown athletes should show some sort of loyalty to the Vols, then UT should be loyal to home grown athletes...... Correct?

What about the Willis kid from Bruceton. He wasnt heavly recruited by the VOLS and he really wanted to be a VOL. UT would be a much better team if Willis was the MLB for the VOLS. Yet, they chose the LB from JCM. Where is he now????? It seems like P. Willis

has proven himself at a place other than TN. All-American, Playboy All-American

ESPN Top 10, etc. and the list goes on......... Auburn recently had two very good players who started for the Tigers that TN didnt recruit. (Cooper Wallace and the Ross kid from CPA.) Alabama always has a guy from TN. Heck, Memphis had three West TN players on their bowl team. Seems like Auburn, Alabama, and Memphis are winning.......... Looks like the staff at TN doesnt agree with the loyalty thing. Seems to me they like traveling across America and thats ok. I support them if thats what they choose.

Chris Donald, do what is BEST for you and ignore "stupidity." You are in a win-win situation. Either school would be a great choice. By the way, Ole Miss looks to have an opening after this year. And, remember.... If you are GOOD enough, you can go to the NFL regardless of where you attend college.

Good post TigerBenchPress. I have worked with Chris' dad for 25 +/- years and I know Chris as well. They are both fine people. Naturally, in TN and in the country there is a lot of attention on this young man. I can promise ya'll that Chris is going to make his official visits to each school before making a final decision as well he should. That ain't gonna happen right away either! It will be in the winter.

If you really are interested, support whatever he decides to do and maybe even go and watch him play this season. All the attention and pressure that some might choose to put into this thing are only succeding in upsetting the family and Chris. That's just plain wrong to do.

I've been a Vol fan all my life and always will be. BUT, Notre Dame is nothing to sneeze at by any standard and they have a coach with a little bit of respect in football circles as well.

No doubt in my mind that Chris is going to make this decision on his own and there is no need for the rest of us to put pressure on him or try to sway his decision. Every senior playing high school football deserves to enjoy their last season at that level including the stars.

If you have ever met Chris and talked to him a little, you would have too much respect for him and his family to put any pressure on his decision. You would also support him no matter were he decides to go and play. He's that kind of individual.

Edited by duckman38201