Beech High School Tournament

timbdp

Blackman 0 - Beech 5

Two more games tomorrow but Beech won their tournament on points.

Beech 7 - White House 1

Beech 5 - White Station 1

Beech 1 - Dobyns Bennett 1

Beech 5 - Blackman 0

Good thing they won their own. Won't be playing post season based on what I saw. DB definitely the strongest team that I have seen play. Hate to get on the DB bandwagon, but I think I saw two of their forwards catch lightning and put it in a bottle. Also had the strongest keeper and backline at the tournament.

Edited by KeeperFan15

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing they won their own. Won't be playing post season based on what I saw. DB definitely the strongest team that I have seen play. Hate to get on the DB bandwagon, but I think I saw two of their forwards catch lightning and put it in a bottle. Also had the strongest keeper and backline at the tournament.

Must have been a pretty weak tournament if DB was the strongest team

Must have been a pretty weak tournament if DB was the strongest team

Weak tournament yes. DB still impressive. Don't get me wrong, Beech is tough on a small field at home. It would be really interesting to see them play where they have to have midfield support.

The team that I support learned alot this weekend about how to play on a small field with only 2 refs. Learned that you can push forward and not have to worry as much about offsides. Also learned to protect themselves away from the ball.

Weak tournament yes. DB still impressive. Don't get me wrong, Beech is tough on a small field at home. It would be really interesting to see them play where they have to have midfield support.

The team that I support learned alot this weekend about how to play on a small field with only 2 refs. Learned that you can push forward and not have to worry as much about offsides. Also learned to protect themselves away from the ball.

We'll see how impressive they are in 2 weeks when they finally play some tough competition - Oak Ridge, Farragut and Greeneville at their Fall Classic weekend tournament.

Tournament Results

Champions: Beech High School

Second Place: Dobyns Bennett High School

Third Place: White Station High School

Tournament MVP: Stacia Lee, Beech High School

Offensive MVP: Lauren Yungmeyer, Dobyns Bennett High School

Defensive MVP: Christine Horton, Dobyns Bennett High School