Opperman

I agree, his blood alcohol level was .08 over the legal limit. Give him a break. And you know there had to be a cop just waiting to bust him. Does it make it right? no. Was it a good decision? no. And the justice system will do their part to take care of it.

.08 IS the legal limit. He was at .11, which is almost 50% above the legal limit. IOW, he was pretty well hammered.

I don't have much sympathy for DUI...you don't have to drive home. Get somebody else to do it or just pass out on the floor there, whatever -- don't risk somebody else's life trying to drive while hammered.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke, and Redick, get held up his whole career by the media as the perfect example of what college basketball should be about blah blah blah, Duke's nothing but class, high character, etc.

This does not fit the force-feeding.

I still consider Redick a class act. I read an article about him on espn.com that showed the quality person he is. In todays sports even with a DUI I still consider him one of the better people kids could choose as a role model. I think we would be shocked if we knew everything athletes do like affairs, drugs, ect....

.08 IS the legal limit. He was at .11, which is almost 50% above the legal limit. IOW, he was pretty well hammered.

I don't have much sympathy for DUI...you don't have to drive home. Get somebody else to do it or just pass out on the floor there, whatever -- don't risk somebody else's life trying to drive while hammered.

he said he was .08 OVER the limit ..

Guest dare_2_dream

I still consider Redick a class act. I read an article about him on espn.com that showed the quality person he is. In todays sports even with a DUI I still consider him one of the better people kids could choose as a role model. I think we would be shocked if we knew everything athletes do like affairs, drugs, ect....

All athletes mess up. Some just have more spot light on them and their personal actions. I mean there is no person, especially an athlete who has NEVER messed up somewhere along the way.

Im not an expert with blood alcohol levels, but is .11 really hammered? Oh and I agree he did make a bad decision and should face the consequences

Guest dare_2_dream

Im not an expert with blood alcohol levels, but is .11 really hammered? Oh and I agree he did make a bad decision and should face the consequences

No one knows how drunk he REALLY was .. Alcohol does different things to different people. One drink to me might be 20 to someone else.

ok well still ... he was .11 .. the legal limit is .08 .... if you do the math that is .03 over ... that is NOT hammered. and im sure that cop was sitting outside of that bar (or where ever he was) just waiting for him to come out so he could pull him over and breathalize him. thats just how it is if your name is known nationwide

Guest dare_2_dream

1) No, not everyone does.

2) That's fine. Don't drive until you've sobered up. Doing so is reckless, stupid, life-threatening, and illegal.

The majority of people do. Speeding is also reckless, stupid, life-threatening, and illegal but A LOT of people do it too. I was always taught its not a crime unless you get caught.

Announcements