McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

:)

What difference does it make who he throws to if the play gains yardage? Smith is a great receiver---and he might be double covered which will allow someone else to be open. Score and win games---play team ball.

I guess im in last year withdrawls. But anyone who knows bugs knows hes a teamplayer even though i may not be. Im a true rebel fan, and would love to see the rebels win it all God knows it's been a long time coming no matter who catches, or runs the ball. I just want all the weapons used.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

I guess im in last year withdrawls. But anyone who knows bugs knows hes a teamplayer even though i may not be. Im a true rebel fan, and would love to see the rebels win it all God knows it's been a long time coming no matter who catches, or runs the ball. I just want all the weapons used.

I have no doubt that Bugs Smith is the best athlete on the team, and he should be used to his full potential. You mentioned using all the weapons----I am still in wonderment about why Keegan Ball was pulled out of the backfield last year after he pounded for good yardage and several touchdowns in the first 3 or four games. He was getting good yardage and then BOOM we start running a no back offense. Go figure. With a balanced passing and running game, the Rebs should have a good year. Pass defense needs to tighten up, and kick off coverage HAS to improve. Correct those problems, and we can make some noise.

I have no doubt that Bugs Smith is the best athlete on the team, and he should be used to his full potential. You mentioned using all the weapons----I am still in wonderment about why Keegan Ball was pulled out of the backfield last year after he pounded for good yardage and several touchdowns in the first 3 or four games. He was getting good yardage and then BOOM we start running a no back offense. Go figure. With a balanced passing and running game, the Rebs should have a good year. Pass defense needs to tighten up, and kick off coverage HAS to improve. Correct those problems, and we can make some noise.

Sauce,

I agree we need to play team ball and I completely believe the Rebels will do just that. As for last season and why we went away from the run with Keegan, Huntingdon probably did that to us. For three weeks in a row we went up against teams that we couldn't control the line of scrimmage enough to run the ball. We were only "backless" against those three teams (Huntingdon--which we tried to run on, Union City and Lake Co.) We were doing what the coaching staff felt we needed to do for those critical games. It almost got to that against JCS too!!!

In short, the Rebels did what they had to do to get where they got!!!! Ya' gotta respect that! This season may well be a bellweather season for the coaching staff at McKenzie!? The potential is there to make this one of the best season's in several years for the Rebels and we'll all see if that is close to what happens. This could easily be an 8-2 or 7-3 season for the Rebels (MAYBE 9-1) so let's set back and see what they can do with it!!

I'm hoping for 10-0 myself at the end of regular season!!!!! That would be a trip!

Edited by duckman38201

Sauce,

I agree we need to play team ball and I completely believe the Rebels will do just that. As for last season and why we went away from the run with Keegan, Huntingdon probably did that to us. For three weeks in a row we went up against teams that we couldn't control the line of scrimmage enough to run the ball. We were only "backless" against those three teams (Huntingdon--which we tried to run on, Union City and Lake Co.) We were doing what the coaching staff felt we needed to do for those critical games. It almost got to that against JCS too!!!

In short, the Rebels did what they had to do to get where they got!!!! Ya' gotta respect that! This season may well be a bellweather season for the coaching staff at McKenzie!? The potential is there to make this one of the best season's in several years for the Rebels and we'll all see if that is close to what happens. This could easily be an 8-2 or 7-3 season for the Rebels (MAYBE 9-1) so let's set back and see what they can do with it!!

I'm hoping for 10-0 myself at the end of regular season!!!!! That would be a trip!

Lets all meet at the 50 yard line and hold hands and pray in support of our rebel team. GO BIG RED :o

Duck,

You think Hoyt has got the red metallic wig shined up?

I will yell at you Friday.

Here is what you do on Friday morning. And I will do this also on Sept. 2.

You go to your front door and open it up. Walk outside and take a big deep breath and close your eyes. B/C every year when football season starts, on that first game day, you can smell it in the air: ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNEESSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

If I live and do well, I'll be there. Top row just to the left of the press box!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WooooooooWeeeeeeeeee! It's football time in Tennessee!!

Duck,

You think Hoyt has got the red metallic wig shined up?

I will yell at you Friday.

Here is what you do on Friday morning. And I will do this also on Sept. 2.

You go to your front door and open it up. Walk outside and take a big deep breath and close your eyes. B/C every year when football season starts, on that first game day, you can smell it in the air: ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNEESSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I imagine the wig is ready for the season by now!!!!

When I walk out my front door in the morning to go to work @ 4:15 AM, football prolly won't cross my mind for a while LOL! i can feel it in the air though. Cool nights and near hot days---------football---------Tennessee-----------Yep, it's that time again!!!!!

Where the heck have I been? I missed out on all the talk all ready? Between the sinus infections, stomach bug, and just some plain ol' hangovers......I gotta lot of catching up to do. :blink: I'm ready for the Rebs to come running............I'll see ya'll in the stands.

1atlinggun.gif

Edited by BOHICA

BOHICA is back!! Time to get it cranked up!! Trenton will be a good measuring stick tonight. They are always well coached and come ready to play.

Where the heck have I been? I missed out on all the talk all ready? Between the sinus infections, stomach bug, and just some plain ol' hangovers......I gotta lot of catching up to do. :thumb: I'm ready for the Rebs to come running............I'll see ya'll in the stands.

1atlinggun.gif

Just wanted to say good luck to the Rebels this season. duckma38201, where u been i havent heard from ya in a while?

Here and there. I've been back on here about 2-3 weeks now. Do I know you??? I guess that's a stupid question from your post but, I can't remember who you might be.

Oh wait, did you have another user name last season and have ties to SF????

Edited by duckman38201