McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the heck have I been? I missed out on all the talk all ready? Between the sinus infections, stomach bug, and just some plain ol' hangovers......I gotta lot of catching up to do. :lol: I'm ready for the Rebs to come running............I'll see ya'll in the stands.

1atlinggun.gif

Well, it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I've had all those problems and a couple of more and I've still been on here!!!!! ;) Just kiddin', it's good to see you on here finally. Better late than never huh!! :thumb::)

yes indeed i did.

OK, I know who you are then!

Man, we got hammered by Trenton tonight. It was UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Our new QB that replaced Hayes, looked really good but, he was running for his life most of the night. That's about all I have good to say about our play tonight. The Rebels have a lot of potential but, too many fundamental mistakes were being made by them to make me feel very optimistic right now. UC played pretty well tonight and I assume that LC did as well but, who knows about the Lake Co. game?

Problem areas that I saw tonight for the Rebels were; no blocking on the O line, VERY poor tackling technique (we just plain didn't break down, lock up and make a tackle stick!), pass coverage in the D secondary was not very good at all, And we had a ton of dropped passes by our receivers!!!! IMHO, our very best receiver was thrown to VERY little tonight and we can't afford to do that anymore.

Every coach I ever had taught us that the three basic fundamental parts of football were running, tackling, and blocking. I didn't see much of that going on on the Rebel side of the ball tonight.

OR, possibly Trenton is one of the better class AA teams in the state this season ?????

Edited by duckman38201

Peabody one of the best in 2A?? No. Underestimated? Yes!

I doubt the Rebels underestimated Trenton. They just plain weren't ready to play tonight!!!!!!! They didn't have one ounce of "want to" in them on the field tonight. Fortunately, this isn't a Region game and there is plenty of time to get their heads up and get it right but, they better start next Friday night bacause THAT one is a region game and with one of the other better teams in it too.

There is a definite need to start to block up front on O as well as the receivers need to pick it up quite a bit and to VERY much stiffen up on D!

The Rebels have some kids with a ton of potential but, they need to get it going out on the "Friday night field".

Edited by duckman38201