McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like that french kid that's a running back is pretty good. He's a senior isnt he. Where was he last year? Mckenzie never ran the ball even when they had keegan ball. If this guy is that good why didn't yall use him last season/

Ball led west TN in carries last year through 7 games.

I remember hearin about Ball in the beginning of the season but then heard that Hayes passed on every down except when he ran it himself and there was not even a running back on the field. Ball started playing just on defense. That's just what I heard. But if this kid French is that good I'm just sayin why didn't they use him last year as a junior? Hope it's not gonna be like what happened to Keegan. Seemed like all you did was one dimensional - pass, pass, pass. Of course, that got Hayes the passing record, didn't it?

I remember hearin about Ball in the beginning of the season but then heard that Hayes passed on every down except when he ran it himself and there was not even a running back on the field. Ball started playing just on defense. That's just what I heard. But if this kid French is that good I'm just sayin why didn't they use him last year as a junior? Hope it's not gonna be like what happened to Keegan. Seemed like all you did was one dimensional - pass, pass, pass. Of course, that got Hayes the passing record, didn't it?

Last year was exactly that.......last year. We don't know why some of the things happened last year. Only one guy knows and that's Wade Comer. In my opinion, and my opinion only, he was trying to get Hayes the recognition he deserved and to bring a Mr. Football trophy where it needed to be. They both succeeded.

French is good at what he does for the team. He is not a Division 1 player or anything, but he has been getting the job done and more! I'm sure he'll continue to do so. You also gotta give a lot of credit to the O-Line for allowing him to run the way that he has.

I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far this year with the Rebels. As long as they keep showing that "determination" on the field, I'll keep sitting in the stands cheering them on!

Last year was exactly that.......last year. We don't know why some of the things happened last year. Only one guy knows and that's Wade Comer. In my opinion, and my opinion only, he was trying to get Hayes the recognition he deserved and to bring a Mr. Football trophy where it needed to be. They both succeeded.

French is good at what he does for the team. He is not a Division 1 player or anything, but he has been getting the job done and more! I'm sure he'll continue to do so. You also gotta give a lot of credit to the O-Line for allowing him to run the way that he has.

I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far this year with the Rebels. As long as they keep showing that "determination" on the field, I'll keep sitting in the stands cheering them on!

Apparently bohica he's not a fan of the rebels. He should look in the phone book under wade comer and ask him. I too am enjoying the play of the recent rebels but the run backs of smith impress me more.

Apparently bohica he's not a fan of the rebels. He should look in the phone book under wade comer and ask him. I too am enjoying the play of the recent rebels but the run backs of smith impress me more.

I hear ya Butchie. Good to have ya on here with us. Hope to see ya Friday night at homecoming against Greenfield. Gotta know who you are though...... :lol:

If ya will send email to napalm@gpsclan.com

Edited by BOHICA

I hear ya Butchie. Good to have ya on here with us. Hope to see ya Friday night at homecoming against Greenfield. Gotta know who you are though...... :lol:

not to get yall too far off topic but does darius ridings still play football and basketball at mckenzie or does he even still attend that school..i heard a crazy rumor bout him which sounded unlikely of him but can anyone tell me if he's still playin up there ?

not to get yall too far off topic but does darius ridings still play football and basketball at mckenzie or does he even still attend that school..i heard a crazy rumor bout him which sounded unlikely of him but can anyone tell me if he's still playin up there ?

He is no longer with McKenzie.

Butchie,

I'm not trying to cause trouble and in fact, I don't know that much about rebels' football. But it seems like the team this year is more balanced than last year. And I don't think it's ever all about 1 player. Sad that Ball was never really given a chance cause somebody wanted a record and a trophy in mckenzie. otherwise yall would have had a stronger running game like you do now.

Butchie,

I'm not trying to cause trouble and in fact, I don't know that much about rebels' football. But it seems like the team this year is more balanced than last year. And I don't think it's ever all about 1 player. Sad that Ball was never really given a chance cause somebody wanted a record and a trophy in mckenzie. otherwise yall would have had a stronger running game like you do now.

Dear Sam Jones this is a short letter with no pun intended. True Drew had heck of a season. And my son was a direct receipient of that to the tune of 1109 yards.

but enough is enough about last season. We only had one true weapon last year and that was the offense. It was hurry to score and let the defense try to hold so we could score again. We hoped they would trip or something cause our defense was non existent. So I guess we did as good as we could. Last year we needed no running game. no one could match our offense in 1a football. And that is not a bold statement we just couldn't stop anyone. So wether we ran or threw we just tried to do what we did best score quick and hoped they made a mistake. And if u were from mckenzie u would applaud our efforts. Now true a balance offense is good against teams with good defenses. And Keegan woulda had a better season had we not went to no backs. So if aunt alice had b-lls she woulda been uncle Bud.

I hear ya Butchie. Good to have ya on here with us. Hope to see ya Friday night at homecoming against Greenfield. Gotta know who you are though...... :rolleyes:

IM PROUD TO SAY MY SON WEARS THE NUMBER 1 FOR THE REBELS AND IM SO DANG PROUD OF HIM. so if u see me on the far end of the field by the band with my 80 yr old dad come say hey.

French wasn't a RB last season even though very much a part of the Rebels season. Ball did a great job for the Rebels the first half of the season but, when the Rebels ran into the better teams on the schedule, we were unable to run the ball against them for several reasons. It was against those better teams that McKenzie went into a pass every down mode. They did what they had to do to win. Just like any other team would do if the coaches were worth their salary!!!

Even though we no longer have Drew Hayes, in many ways, this group of Rebels is better than the team from last season by a good bit. The line play is coming around to be a lot better than last season and the backfield is far more versatile at this point. The Rebels don't give up much at all with Carr at QB either. Pretty much none of the kids playing in the Rebel backfield were in those positions last season!! To be succesful, players have to step up and that is just what the Rebels are doing now.

The Rebel defense has also impressed me so far except in the opener against Peabody. The defense was our most vulnerable area and they are starting to play like a defense should. They are gettin' it done!!

As for last season, I imagine most of us Rebel faithful are pretty tired of hearing from outsiders that the offense we ended up using last season was to get Hayes a passing record. Are we glad he got it?? Sure!! Was it done for that purpose??? Get real!!! Coaches don't put their jobs on the line for things like that ya'll!! We did what we had to do to win.