McKenzie Rebels

duckman38201

Everybody knows that Chris Donald is in a class all by himself. Jax sun has their picks but after high school their football was pretty much over or non existent on somebody's team somewhere. Hayes got a lot more media coverage and a lot of it was hype. Heard he's not anywhere near even 2nd string QB at bethel. Rebels may be ok in 1A but take any of em to a different level and their only average. Do you really think kids like bugs, and other rebels can play at the next level? To me the kicker on the rebels that went to Vandy deserved a lot more credit than anybody gave him. Look where he is now. You hardly even read about him other than his stats. where was the jax sun then or even the mckenzie banner fo r that matter.

Kermit is a non-scholarship player and 1 of 7 kickers at Vandy. His scholarship was academic. The Sun isn't interested in academic scholarships. Kermit was accepted to the Naval Academy and chose to go to Vandy and not for football only.

Please don't try to flame Drew in our forum. You don't know Drew. How dare you judge his decisions. He is doing what HE wants to do........not what Sam Jones wants. Where did you play in college Sam?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it in the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKenzie Rebels------------31

Huntingdon Mustangs-------17

I can't say enough about our Rebels tonight!!!! Awesome job guys! I've seen the Rebels beat H-town before but, that's the first time I've ever seen the Rebels dominate them. The Mustangs were gassed when this one was over!!!!!

I've told people this could happen all week!! Thanks Rebels for making me look like I knew what I was talking about. Ya'll deserve all the credit in the world for stepping up and meeting the challenge tonight.

Great game plan and great execution. It could have been much worse for H-town tonight if the passing game had been just a tad more on target on the long throws!!! My face hurts from grinning right now and I can only half way talk!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout them Rebels - Congrats!!!!!

Kermit is a non-scholarship player and 1 of 7 kickers at Vandy. His scholarship was academic. The Sun isn't interested in academic scholarships. Kermit was accepted to the Naval Academy and chose to go to Vandy and not for football only.

Please don't try to flame Drew in our forum. You don't know Drew. How dare you judge his decisions. He is doing what HE wants to do........not what Sam Jones wants. Where did you play in college Sam?

All Mr. Bug has to do is accept one of several offers and he will be at the next level. But, while we are on the subject he led West Tennessee in receivers last year and was selected to all state. was on the championship baseball team and batted .390 and oh yeah made all state. Not to mention all disrict, all region in both sports. So plz try to know ur facts before u speak. Reading the local paper will help or u can just ask any REBEL FAN.

All Mr. Bug has to do is accept one of several offers and he will be at the next level. But, while we are on the subject he led West Tennessee in receivers last year and was selected to all state. was on the championship baseball team and batted .390 and oh yeah made all state. Not to mention all disrict, all region in both sports. So plz try to know ur facts before u speak. Reading the local paper will help or u can just ask any REBEL FAN.

No doubt Butchie. Sam obviously doesn't do his homework. Sorry Sam, but I really didn't like the fact that you had to rag on one of our Rebels. We take it kinda seriously around here.

By the way, Butchie, that was me you met at the game!!!

Edited by BOHICA

Everybody knows that Chris Donald is in a class all by himself. Jax sun has their picks but after high school their football was pretty much over or non existent on somebody's team somewhere. Hayes got a lot more media coverage and a lot of it was hype. Heard he's not anywhere near even 2nd string QB at bethel. Rebels may be ok in 1A but take any of em to a different level and their only average. Do you really think kids like bugs, and other rebels can play at the next level? To me the kicker on the rebels that went to Vandy deserved a lot more credit than anybody gave him. Look where he is now. You hardly even read about him other than his stats. where was the jax sun then or even the mckenzie banner fo r that matter.

When you get a clue at all what you are talking about come on back and visit with us. Most all of us agree that Chris is a one of a kind.

Bethel is one of the best NAIA football teams in the country. Right now ranked 12th I think. Hayes is a freshman for crying out loud. The starting Bethel QB could likely play at a much higher level. He's flat good. Hayes is listed at 3rd in the QB depth chart right now and that ain't too shabby for a freshman. Drew is where HE want's to be and we'll still support him. Sure he could be in the SEC but, what good is that if he's not happy?????

No matter where Chris Donald decides to go I'll still support him even though I kinda bleed Orange. Even if it's Notre Dame (maybe not if they are playing UT--but, I'll still hope Chris has a good game)!!

BTW, there are several former Huntingdon standouts over here playing for Bethel too. You been to watch 'em play yet????? I have!!!! You really don't know what you are missing!!! :unsure:

Edited by duckman38201

When you get a clue at all what you are talking about come on back and visit with us. Most all of us agree that Chris is a one of a kind.

Bethel is one of the best NAIA football teams in the country. Right now ranked 12th I think. Hayes is a freshman for crying out loud. The starting Bethel QB could likely play at a much higher level. He's flat good. Hayes is listed at 3rd in the QB depth chart right now and that ain't too shabby for a freshman. Drew is where HE want's to be and we'll still support him. Sure he could be in the SEC but, what good is that if he's not happy?????

No matter where Chris Donald decides to go I'll still support him even though I kinda bleed Orange. Even if it's Notre Dame (maybe not if they are playing UT--but, I'll still hope Chris has a good game)!!

BTW, there are several former Huntingdon standouts over here playing for Bethel too. You been to watch 'em play yet????? I have!!!! You really don't know what you are missing!!! :unsure:

U know I think Bohica may have hit on something. Sam did u ever play the game?

Or are u speaking from pure jealousness? Do u wish that u coulda been a Drew Hayes or a Chris Donald. Is there something missing in ur childhood that makes u get on here and thwart ur lame opinion on others. Maybe a phone call to Dr. Phil is in order. Please reply ur ignorance is encouraging.

Thanks Dawgfan#2!! It was a hoot in H-town tonight!!!!

I stand corrected Bohica, I've seen u several times, and i'm glad to finally make ur aquaintance. I am old, and not as fast as Bug. And meeting EYEBALL was a unique experience. Eventhough me and eyeball have a love hate relationship. I love Eyeball's son and Eyeball hates me.....lol. I really love the support of the rebel parents and fans. And yes Duckman last nite was a hoot.

But, I want to take this time to say something that goes un noticed around here.

I know it's fun to here people talk about my kid, And I want to be the first to start a fan base for other Rebels. Namely a freshman starter who is now a Junior. Tyler Reeder who is the heart and soul of this Team. He started as a Freshman center and hasn't stopped. He took this job and hasn't gave it up and has done a remarkable job. This young man is truely the spark that every team needs and goes un-noticed. So give em heck Tyler ur my hero.

You are a idiot! I guess throwing for nearly 10000 yards was hype. And I guess throwing a fastball consistantly in the 90's is hype. Oh and I guess Bugs making all state in every sport he played is all hype. And I guess Bugs going and playing in a all star game in baseball was all hype. You are right about one thing, you won't hear about John Kermit b/c he redshirted. But make no mistake, you will hear about him, Drew and Bugs in the near future. They just start the list. You see, we have had some great athletes that only come along occasionally. And they may get alot of press b/c of individual accomplishments. But make no mistake about it, you can ask everyone of those young men how it feels and I will assure you, that w/ all their heart they will say they accomplish nothing w/o the others around them. So to say that we received a bunch of HYPE is crap!

I have said this before on here. I played at White House High School and we had a saying at White House called BDP. It stands for Blue Devil Pride. And it is powerful. It something I thought I would never experience again. But the last 5 or 6 years here in McKenzie, the pride these players, coaches and community has is just as strong. So when you come in knocking one, two or three of our players, you are not only messing w/ their pride, you are messing my everyone who sits in those stands at Rebel Field. So, please keep your mouth shut before something else idiotic comes out of it.

Edited by volsandtitans1

I played at White House High School and we had a saying at White House called BDP. It stands for Blue Devil Pride. And it is powerful. It something I thought I would never experience again. But the last 5 or 6 years here in McKenzie, the pride these players, coaches and community has is just as strong. So when you come in knocking one, two or three of our players, you are not only messing w/ their pride, you are messing my everyone who sits in those stands at Rebel Field. So, please keep your mouth shut before something else idiotic comes out of it.

i agree. Milan Middle played at Mckenzie last week and you could feel the energy that Mckenzie has for their football program.

i agree. Milan Middle played at Mckenzie last week and you could feel the energy that Mckenzie has for their football program.

You are exactly right, McKenzie over the last several years has really started showing alot of pride for the McKenzie Football Program. In my opinion it all started about the time that Coach Koen took the reigns from Coach Thomas. Since Coach Comer has taken over though, it seems that the following has grow tremendously. I just dont understand this though, when Coach Thomas was in charge, the following was nowhere near as good as it is now. And they went to a few playoff games, and had several winning seasons. For anyone who's been to the games then and now can say the same thing, I'm sure of it.

Going a bit off topic.....

I still say Coach Thomas is a great coach, and I feel he could still lead this team if he hadn't have been relieved of his head coaching positition. But then again, I dont think we'll ever see that chance again. I've argued with several peers over the years that a coach can only do so much with the people he is given. I think that if he was still the head coach for the Rebels, and the same talent was given to him like what Koen and Comer has had. He would be in the same position as Comer is now. Regardless, it takes a great coach to take the talent that he is given, and mold them all into a single unit that can drive over the even best football teams.

McKenzie vs Bruceton

Friday was yesterday, it's now time to watch the game film and prep for the game against the Tigers. Regardless of how bad we beat the Mustangs at Paul Ward during their Homecoming, that should all be put behind them now and they need to focus on the upcoming game. Bruceton, Union City, and Lake Co. all in that order of the next 3 weeks.(I think) These next 3 games will determine if they are the state bound team that I hope they are.

GO REBELS!!!

Edited by NightmareDemon