Waverly @ Hickman Co.

rednecktiger

Well really all there is to it is that Hickman County is a bigger team team as far as numbers and size and probablyjust a better team than Waverly but they are AAAA so you have to expect that. Waverly did have there chances though and came out strong actually whipping Hickman Co. up and down the field in the 1st quarter. So the idea that Waverly didnt come ready to play is pretty rediculous. Also the idea that all the line did was tell the QB top run is completely rediculous as well. The O-Line especially played wuite well all night run blocking pretty well and pass blocking extremely well. The fact is that Hickman Co. has about 85 players and can sub out freely and Waverly has 40 and cannot and Hickman is a big physical team, but its gonna be this way a lot of the year for Waverly so they are just gonna have to buck up and get used to it. The game against Richland will definately put things in a better perspective for them and show them where they are really at.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, the Waverly/Richland game will put things into perspective. I suspect a close game. But for anyone who says that Waverly wasn't prepared doesn't know anything about Coach Graves and the Tigers. He and his staff does a tremendous job. Look out future opponents, this is a young Tiger team. Heavy on freshman and sophomores.

I do the play by play for the Tigers on local radio and I enjoy watching this team develop and believe they are headed in the right direction.

Ok, finally my take on this. Waverly was huffin and puffin in the 2nd half. You can't have that. yea, i know that HC had a whole lotta players subbing in and out, WCHS had like one or two. pass blocking was decent, run blocking was a little bit better. The D-Line IMO needs to step up. We had our chances and couldnt capitalize, but most of y all are right...the Richland game will put things in better prespective, a much better one

IMO that is the game for 3rd place in the Region...