overton V.S. Hillsboro

Footballfan15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear someone who knows Blade to speak for him. I can kindof see what kind of coach he is, or at least more so now than before. I will say that the old coaching staff was good. They have rings to prove it. It will be interesting to see how they do tomorrow. I still say Overton wins this one because of experience and experienced coaches who have worked together longer. I would also say that Blade is probably not the best coach to ever be there. He may be in time but saying that now would be premature. You have to remember that Hillsboro has had Terry Anderson, Robert "Buddy" Brown, Baskins, Fitzgerald, Adyelot, etc.

Glad to hear someone who knows Blade to speak for him. I can kindof see what kind of coach he is, or at least more so now than before. I will say that the old coaching staff was good. They have rings to prove it. It will be interesting to see how they do tomorrow. I still say Overton wins this one because of experience and experienced coaches who have worked together longer. I would also say that Blade is probably not the best coach to ever be there. He may be in time but saying that now would be premature. You have to remember that Hillsboro has had Terry Anderson, Robert "Buddy" Brown, Baskins, Fitzgerald, Adyelot, etc.

Did Coach Coutras coach at Hillsboro before Overton? Maybe the Shadow knows? I would say Coutras is up there with the best imo. Phil Grammer is in the Metro coaches Hall of fame as well.....

WIP.....

I never said Scott was the best coach to ever coach there and if thats how it came off, I maybe should have phrased some of my post differently. I did say that he MIGHT be the hardest working coach to ever coach there but thats my own bias opinion. I say this cause during the season at Canyon, it was a 7 day a week job for him along with the rest of us coaches. Basically, when Scott woke up to go to his job his kids were sleeping. When he came home at like 8 or 9p, his kids were sleeping. I know Scott will change things from when he was coaching at Canyon but he will certainly utilize what he learned from Harry Welch at Canyon.

Like I said, I cant come on here saying Scott is the best thing since night baseball and pringles but he will certainly leave his mark. Scott dont care about where he stands as far as with the pass coaches. All he cares about is that the players give everything they have and that they do the little things right. If they do that, then everything else will be fine.

WIP.....

I never said Scott was the best coach to ever coach there and if thats how it came off, I maybe should have phrased some of my post differently. I did say that he MIGHT be the hardest working coach to ever coach there but thats my own bias opinion. I say this cause during the season at Canyon, it was a 7 day a week job for him along with the rest of us coaches. Basically, when Scott woke up to go to his job his kids were sleeping. When he came home at like 8 or 9p, his kids were sleeping. I know Scott will change things from when he was coaching at Canyon but he will certainly utilize what he learned from Harry Welch at Canyon.

Like I said, I cant come on here saying Scott is the best thing since night baseball and pringles but he will certainly leave his mark. Scott dont care about where he stands as far as with the pass coaches. All he cares about is that the players give everything they have and that they do the little things right. If they do that, then everything else will be fine.

I will have to agree that it seems he gets a great effort out of those kids from what seen.

First off i want to wish the Burros goodluck tonight. Now to the comment about being the hardest working coach to ever be there. I do not know how much time Coach Blade outs into preparing for game but i do know how much some of the coaches frome the previous staff put in. I am not going to name the coach but one of them would leave home at 7p.m saturday night to go to hhs to watch game film he would watch numerous tapes over and over till meeting time on sunday afternoon. This was after he had already broke the previous game down on fridaynight, and had already started watching game film at home of the next week opponent. He would have tendinces for the opponent down to if a a reciever had a certain foot back in his stance it was a run and if the other foot is back its a pass. If you do not believe me ask current Hillsboro Coach Alvine Fite.

First off i want to wish the Burros goodluck tonight. Now to the comment about being the hardest working coach to ever be there. I do not know how much time Coach Blade outs into preparing for game but i do know how much some of the coaches frome the previous staff put in. I am not going to name the coach but one of them would leave home at 7p.m saturday night to go to hhs to watch game film he would watch numerous tapes over and over till meeting time on sunday afternoon. This was after he had already broke the previous game down on fridaynight, and had already started watching game film at home of the next week opponent. He would have tendinces for the opponent down to if a a reciever had a certain foot back in his stance it was a run and if the other foot is back its a pass. If you do not believe me ask current Hillsboro Coach Alvine Fite.

I will not knock any of the previos staffs because they have be very successful, but I hear from the players that there is a new breath and that they are working very hard and Blade is holding them to a high standard. I am excited to see if the success continues.

Workinprogress is correct. The Buros are so much better because they have coaching talent and player talent. They are able to work smart and hard without all the negative stuff that went on with the old coaching staff. More kids are playing football than ever before because they have good men in charge in stead of people in it for their own glory.

All of you dissing the old coaching staff have no clue what you all are talking about.... I played under all those coaches and they are some of the best minds in tennessee.... they cared more for us then any of you all will know... so all you people out there talking bad about them shut your mouth because you all have NO clue as to what you are talking about

All of you dissing the old coaching staff have no clue what you all are talking about.... I played under all those coaches and they are some of the best minds in tennessee.... they cared more for us then any of you all will know... so all you people out there talking bad about them shut your mouth because you all have NO clue as to what you are talking about

Jman.....

I will bet anything that a ton of those coaches in TN spend more time doing football crap then spending time with their families during season. I've heard from many people that if you want to recognized as a good football coach in HS athletics then you have to go coach in states like Tennesse & Texas..... Your states take HS football to a whole nother level and hold the coaches and the staffs to a standard thats head an shoulders above how most California cities do. If you had actually read what I put, I said "PROBABLY." Thats a lot different than saying he is. I wasnt knocking ANY coaches. Like I said previously, I was just giving everyone and insider look at how Blade is and what he expects. Scott expects to go out and compete and he even expects to go to the playoffs. He doesnt worry about wins and losses. If the kids execute there jobs correctly and give everything they have day in and day out, then they will be fine.

This year is going to be a HUGE learning year for Scott and the team/program. It would not suprise me if they did lose some games this season that maybe they should have won but next season, I totally expect them to be a team everyone will have to worry about. Anytime you have a new HC/staff then there is going to be a learning curve. When I talked to Scott last, which was before he left to move to TN, he told me that he wanted to keep the majority if not the whole staff. He wanted them cause of their previous records and the relationships they have with the players. Not to mention, the information they could help Scott with in preparing for the upcoming games. He told me he thought the staff was a good bunch of guys and was excited to work with them.

So I understand your loyalty to your coaches there. Trust me, I do. I am the sameway when it comes to Blade. He was the hardest coach and sometimes the biggest #### I ever played for but he was also the fairest and would do anything to help you. But trust me, that school is going to be very pleased with Scott and the kids will have a GREAT time. At times they will hate him cause like someone said previously he will hold them to a very high standard.

IF any of you want to see Blade's old high school and the team he helped to last seasons CIF Division II Championship then read this artical.......

Hope you have direct tv.......

ND @ Canyon Week 1 on FSN Schedule

Notre Dame and Canyon will square off in the first locally televised game of the season on Prime Ticket. The CIF Southern Section (CIF-SS) and FSN PRIME TICKET announced today a new three-year telecast partnership for local high school sports. Coverage of regular season games and playoff events for various section sports are included in the agreement. The announcement was made today by CIF-SS Commissioner of Athletics Dr. Jim Staunton and FSN PRIME TICKET Vice President and General Manger Steve Simpson.

FSN PRIME TICKET is now the exclusive telecast home of the CIF Southern Section – Toyota Division I Football Championship game. In the weeks leading up to the championship, FSN PRIME TICKET airs the CIF-SS football game of the week, providing a minimum of 10 games each season. The 2006 FSN/CIF-SS football schedule begins on Friday, September 8, with Notre Dame at Canyon (CC) at 7 PM (pacific time) on FSN PRIME TICKET.

Together, FSN PRIME TICKET and the CIF-SS have been providing telecast coverage of high school football events for the past 10 years. The first local “High School Football Game of the Week” aired on the regional sports network in 1996. In September of 2005, FSN PRIME TICKET presented its 100th high school football telecast.

FSN PRIME TICKET, along with FSN WEST and FSN BAY AREA, is the telecast home of the CIF State Championships.

In addition, two original programs devoted to the coverage of high school sports will air weekly on FSN PRIME TICKET. “High School Spotlight” and “High School Spotlight Scoreboard” premiere on Thursday and Friday nights, respectively, throughout the academic year.

I think the old coaches did a great job, infact I dont know how Blade and his "new" staff will fill the shoes of the "old" staff. You also have to remember that just because you played for them doesnt mean that you know them better than we do. You forget that some of us were around when the one of the old coaches was playing at HHS and UT.

I will not knock any of the previos staffs because they have be very successful, but I hear from the players that there is a new breath and that they are working very hard and Blade is holding them to a high standard. I am excited to see if the success continues.

What Success? Most staffs work hard and long hours. Let us not judge a team or coach on 1 game or 1 season. If they didn't play week zero, they all are undefeated. Players win not schemes.