overton V.S. Hillsboro

Footballfan15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success of the school. Everyone to fast to think of personal things.

The success of the team is about the commitment to players that the new coaching staff has. The old coaches may have watched a lot of tape but they were there for themselves and to glorify each other. Lots of players were hurt by the way they did things. I doubt Riverdale will put up with that and the assistants are all assistants at Brentwood schools so fortunately they don't set the tone to destroy those programs.

Long story short...Hillsboro won tonight and Riverdale lost tonight. We'll be saying that alot.

Is this what these message boards are about -- a coward

coming on here and making comments about a past

coaching staff?

Are you someone who didn't get to play football? Let me

guess, you don't play now, do you?

Let people enjoy Hillsboro's victory without your sour grapes

spoiling the celebration.

The success of the team is about the commitment to players that the new coaching staff has. The old coaches may have watched a lot of tape but they were there for themselves and to glorify each other. Lots of players were hurt by the way they did things. I doubt Riverdale will put up with that and the assistants are all assistants at Brentwood schools so fortunately they don't set the tone to destroy those programs.

Long story short...Hillsboro won tonight and Riverdale lost tonight. We'll be saying that alot.

Is this what these message boards are about -- a coward

coming on here and making comments about a past

coaching staff?

Are you someone who didn't get to play football? Let me

guess, you don't play now, do you?

Let people enjoy Hillsboro's victory without your sour grapes

spoiling the celebration.

I didnt think anyone would put up that many points on OHS. Either HHS is better than I thought or OHS had an off night. From what I heard their special teams killed them and turnovers. Overton will be back next week and luckily this one doesnt affect region standings.

believe me..... if nothing else, their defense will be one of the best in there division or region or whatever you have there....... Blade is a great defensive guy and has a mind like no one elses when it comes to it.... Probably one of the best linebacker coaches anywhere. I know when he coached Junior College football at Glendale College in Glendale, CA (1995 - 1997) he had 2 Jr College All-Americans and when he coached at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, CA (1998) he had I think 1 or 2 Jr College All-Americans. Then at Canyon (2001 - 2005) he coached 3 linebackers to All-Leauge and All-CIF honors not to mention I think he also had 3 or 4 of his O-Linemen make All-League and All-CIF honors also....

I never saw any of this. Hillsboro was solid will Adylotte was there and I doubt that he would have had that 5-6 year run where they were 'VERY' good, if there was this kind of non-unity exsisted.

Riverdale has a good coach running their program and he will do well.

T-Town plays tough on the road. T-Town is going to beat the burrows again this year 21 to 14!

I never saw any of this. Hillsboro was solid will Adylotte was there and I doubt that he would have had that 5-6 year run where they were 'VERY' good, if there was this kind of non-unity exsisted.

Riverdale has a good coach running their program and he will do well.

I'm sure both coach's wish that this debate could cease and that Hillsboro and Oakland start their new time with their present staffs without all this baggage.