JCM vs. Germantown

Yanker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG thanks for the great post. Can you please shed some light on a less fortunate person in knoxville and tell me how McElrath and Hardin did?

Both did a great job from what I saw. McElrath didn`t jump offsides one time. :D:D

Gavin is so quick off that end position. He slobber knocked the QB a few times on the option play. I know that dude has got to be hurting today. He was slow getting up several times and you could see the hurt on his face when he would come over to the sidelines to get the next play from his coach.

Oh and one of the best tackles all night was by Greg Lobo. He came downfield on a punt a JCM punt and leveled the returner in open field. I was like :o .

Well I feel much better about the Cougars after watching that game. Although JCM did not score, they clearly showed they have the weapons to move the ball against a very good and stingy Germantown defense. JCM had their chance in the first half, but a dropped pass in the end zone proved costly. The JCM defense is as good as advertised. I`m trying to remember if Germantown ever got inside the JCM 20 yard line. The only points Germantown could produce was 33 yard FG with 3:45 left. I guess technically that would have put them inside the 20, but that was only after a JCM player lined up the nuetral zone as G`town was about to attempt a 38 yard FG. It`s a good thing for my heart that the kick would have been good from 38 yards as well.

Hogsett is SO good. He`s just a pleasure to watch. He was all over the field just laying killer hits on Germantown. I ended up holding the chains and the comments from the G`town coaches never stopped about the play of Hogsett. After watching him play last night, there is no way you are gonna make me believe that Chris Donald is any better than Tavis Hogsett.

I`m not much of a believer in moral victories, but to play as well as we did against a top 10 5A school left me feeling much better about JCM repeating as region champs. If the offense can continue to improve the Cougars will be tough to beat.

The YANKER agrees with you my VG friend! The YANKER is excited! The YANKER is concerned about our offense but our defense is good enough to win most of the games we play and our offense will improve as the season goes along. Brighton concerns me because they can put up a lot of points. This game might be for the region title. Sincde it's at the ROCK, the YANKER likes our chances!!!

The YANKER agrees with you my VG friend! The YANKER is excited! The YANKER is concerned about our offense but our defense is good enough to win most of the games we play and our offense will improve as the season goes along. Brighton concerns me because they can put up a lot of points. This game might be for the region title. Sincde it's at the ROCK, the YANKER likes our chances!!!

Yanker...the game will be played at Southside`s field. There is a street fest going on Friday near the Rock and they will have the street closed off. I`d hate for you to show up at the Rock and miss it.

Yeah..I was encouraged by the offense. We showed signs of life that I did not know we had. Our recievers must catch fire though. We waited til midway through the year before our recievers became reliable last year. They have the talent, but we really need them to step up now.

How did you like that defense Yanker? Was Hogsett unbelievable or what? I was down on the field again. I could see, hear, and feel the intensity level that he plays. He`s better than Daniel Brooks imo. He just covers the whole field and there`s not an ounce of quit in him.

Yanker...the game will be played at Southside`s field. There is a street fest going on Friday near the Rock and they will have the street closed off. I`d hate for you to show up at the Rock and miss it.

Yeah..I was encouraged by the offense. We showed signs of life that I did not know we had. Our recievers must catch fire though. We waited til midway through the year before our recievers became reliable last year. They have the talent, but we really need them to step up now.

How did you like that defense Yanker? Was Hogsett unbelievable or what? I was down on the field again. I could see, hear, and feel the intensity level that he plays. He`s better than Daniel Brooks imo. He just covers the whole field and there`s not an ounce of quit in him.

Thanks my VG friend...someone had told me already. Hogsett is even better than last year. He will hurt several before the year is out. I continue to worry about the offense. I am fearful that Brighton may be able to score a little and our offense must awaken. I will see you at the game.

JCM will beat Brighton 19-7...the YANKER has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks my VG friend...someone had told me already. Hogsett is even better than last year. He will hurt several before the year is out. I continue to worry about the offense. I am fearful that Brighton may be able to score a little and our offense must awaken. I will see you at the game.

JCM will beat Brighton 19-7...the YANKER has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll be holding the chains. Give me a shout if you can.