Scott vs. Gibbs

savage77

QBdad

Webb is DII league. Rockwood is no bigger than some of the teams you play in region 1-3A. Look at Pigeon Forge, they have had some monsters up front. Carter has had some big guys, as well as Seymour and Claiborne Co. All those teams are hungry, and could play with Rockwood on any given night. I do agree with you on Gibbs lacking speed, but they always lack speed. This years team should be much better and more together than the past, but it will be a toss up. Scott Co. lacks some team chemistry. If they find it the game will be a toss-up, otherwise its the Eagles year in this matchup. Gibbs by 7

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LEONARDSLOSERS,

I agree those teams are hungry. Rockwood's line avg. was about 6'-6'1" 235, Gibbs only has one starter over 6 feet tall on the line and avg maybe 200 lbs. Carter is still pretty loaded even with the loss of some key players last year. Last year was the first year Claiborne Co./Tazewell had beaten Gibbs in years. 2004 it was Gibbs 28-0 and in 2003 it was Gibbs 63-18. Webb is a DII school but dont forget since they do get to recruit (per-say) they must use the TSSAA mandated 1.8 multiplyer wich puts them into the same category as a DI 4A (talent wise) less enrollment but a much better talent base due to many former UT and NFL athletes sending their kids there. I have gotten word that Gibbs has picked up some speed which may help a great deal as soon as they are up to speed with O, but as for right now they are pretty much special teams. Gibbs also has three coaching additions to the staff which may help tremendously (I suppose thats yet to be seen though). My prediction for the Eagles this year: Key games are Carter and Pigeon Forge, they go 7-3 with losses to Carter, Pigeon Forge, and Either South Doyle or Halls, but Halls is struggling right now, depends on if they get everything straightned out by week 3, The Eagles make the playoffs and depending on momentum and their first, and second round draws, may win one or two in the playoffs. Great to hear support for a struggling program with a great group of kids.

QBdad

Webb is DII league. Rockwood is no bigger than some of the teams you play in region 1-3A. Look at Pigeon Forge, they have had some monsters up front. Carter has had some big guys, as well as Seymour and Claiborne Co. All those teams are hungry, and could play with Rockwood on any given night. I do agree with you on Gibbs lacking speed, but they always lack speed. This years team should be much better and more together than the past, but it will be a toss up. Scott Co. lacks some team chemistry. If they find it the game will be a toss-up, otherwise its the Eagles year in this matchup. Gibbs by 7

i think that scott has heart and i believe that they will win by 10... it will be a good game but scott with the win