White House/Franklin-Simpson

titans89

From what I have heard FS is going to have more speed than Page.We will have to do a better job containing the outside and put more pressure on the QB.We cant have as many arm tackles as we tried last week.I dont think we will take any more teams for granted like we did last week.I look for a better outcome this week.Go Blue

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that after a season like last year that the Blue Devils would be ready, experienced or not. They returned alot of players, bottom line, Ricky Ladd, no Ricky Ladd, they had guys on the field, getting playing time, and that is what makes you a better football player, from the freshman who hasnt ever played ball in his life to the senior who has started every single game. You do NOT walk onto a field not ready to play. BOTTOM LINE. You owe it to yourself and you owe it to your teammates to be mentally and physically prepared to battle. I believe that saying that a team is too young or too inexperienced is just a cushion for people to fall on when something doesnt go the way they were supposed to. White House should've, and I stress the should've, won that game on paper and on film. But luckily for all of us, they do not play football by crunching numbers and comparing statistics. You win football games with heart, guts, character, and preparation. Apparently, Page had that. White House didnt seem to. But one game doesnt make a season, so luckily for the Devils, they get to play again. And I will bet that they will realize that you can't come to a fight expecting to just waltz on in there and get the game handed to you on a silver platter. These boys need to realize that they are gonna have to battle for everything they get. Thats why they didnt win. Not because the were too young, but because they lacked the desire to win and they underestimated their opponent. These are going to be the keys for them this year:

1) They must prepare to win.

2) They must all share a common goal to win.

3) THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE UNDERDOG. And they need to play like it.

4) They cannot make excuse for themselves.

5) They must be willing to work.

I love White House Football; It represents everything that football should be about; hard work, dedication to your team, and unshakeable pride. But I love the game of football more than I love White House and they need to start playing ball the way it ought to and deserves to be played. Good luck next week guys. Just remember, when things start to get tough out there, you grab that hand of the guy next to you and you look him in the eyes and you tell him, "I want to win this for you, for me, and this team and I would rather DIE on this very field then let my teammates down." Once you do that you will see a totally different football team. See ya Friday.

MB

You make so many good points. I have to add one more thing to this. I don't like to compare teams. I don't like to see the team the year before... or 3 years before, compared to a current team. I don't like to read it in the paper when a coach compares his teams, and I don't like to hear folks do it in the stands.

Each team brings something to the table each new year.

But, one of the things I do remember from the past team, was when no one thought those guys could do it, they went to the next round and the next round. They stuck together, and at the end of the game one Friday night, I rememeber leaving the stands and looking out at those guys holding the hand of the player next to them. That team had HEART- The year before in Memphis, I could hear those guys telling each other,"Hey I love you guys, were going to do it!" I think you make a wonderful point. You have to go out there and look at your team mate and say- HEY I WANT THIS... LETS DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES- One guy can't just think it is all about him.

That is what is so great about the game of football.

Whether you agree with me or not... you really have to think about it.

What makes a team rememberable? Oh and another point. You mentioned Ricky... an example of a selfless team mate. He never took all the credit.

:D

I hate to say this, but we either wake up this week - both players & coaches- or we get smoke trained. We need to find a defense & quit wishing our QB will get in the zone at some point. He didn't all year last year & much of the same last Friday night. It's time to give Matt Parker a chance to fix the offense. I don't see much hope in the defense, they looked very weak & out muscled. I dread playing Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. I can see us getting beat by Station Camp by 30 or more. :unsure:

I hate to say this, but we either wake up this week - both players & coaches- or we get smoke trained. We need to find a defense & quit wishing our QB will get in the zone at some point. He didn't all year last year & much of the same last Friday night. It's time to give Matt Parker a chance to fix the offense. I don't see much hope in the defense, they looked very weak & out muscled. I dread playing Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. I can see us getting beat by Station Camp by 30 or more. :thumb:

You're giving up on your team after week one???????? :unsure:

PC got hammered by Maplewood last week if memory serves me correct BlueDevil. Greenbrier is also 0-2 on the year. Station Camp, Sycamore, and Macon Co. are all off to suprsing 2-0 starts in a region where those three teams must build all of the confidence they possibly can before it's time to play the "big boys" from the region.

You make so many good points. I have to add one more thing to this. I don't like to compare teams. I don't like to see the team the year before... or 3 years before, compared to a current team. I don't like to read it in the paper when a coach compares his teams, and I don't like to hear folks do it in the stands.

Each team brings something to the table each new year.

But, one of the things I do remember from the past team, was when no one thought those guys could do it, they went to the next round and the next round. They stuck together, and at the end of the game one Friday night, I rememeber leaving the stands and looking out at those guys holding the hand of the player next to them. That team had HEART- The year before in Memphis, I could hear those guys telling each other,"Hey I love you guys, were going to do it!" I think you make a wonderful point. You have to go out there and look at your team mate and say- HEY I WANT THIS... LETS DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES- One guy can't just think it is all about him.

That is what is so great about the game of football.

Whether you agree with me or not... you really have to think about it.

What makes a team rememberable? Oh and another point. You mentioned Ricky... an example of a selfless team mate. He never took all the credit.

:lol:

I find that not only coaches sometimes compare teams, but most of all the fans compare teams. They start the year with the preconception that the incoming team will be great, or might not be as good, but their expectations of having a winning team in good years, or a losing team after a bad season follow the NEW team that should be allowed a new "dance card". What the fans forget is that is that the new team before them does bring new pluses--and sometimes new minuses. But EVERY team has that. The teams that were strong last year aren't necessarily the same this year. We lived that last year--after making it to Memphis, we started out 0-3 last year; for years, Greenbrier has had the title and now are trying to find their strengths again; Station Camp finished low last year, and now some of us dread playing them. Even though it is hard, we need to realize the difference in teams, just as we would realize the difference in our own children. As long as any child, any player, any team has a strong support system in parents, friends and fans, no matter what the scoreboard reflects, they will NEVER lose.

I hate to say this, but we either wake up this week - both players & coaches- or we get smoke trained. We need to find a defense & quit wishing our QB will get in the zone at some point. He didn't all year last year & much of the same last Friday night. It's time to give Matt Parker a chance to fix the offense. I don't see much hope in the defense, they looked very weak & out muscled. I dread playing Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. I can see us getting beat by Station Camp by 30 or more. :lol:

Lets leave the kids names out of this :lol:

Lets leave the kids names out of this :lol:

without naming names I agree with you- :lol:

I hate to say this, but we either wake up this week - both players & coaches- or we get smoke trained. We need to find a defense & quit wishing our QB will get in the zone at some point. He didn't all year last year & much of the same last Friday night. It's time to give Matt Parker a chance to fix the offense. I don't see much hope in the defense, they looked very weak & out muscled. I dread playing Pearl Cohn & Station Camp. I can see us getting beat by Station Camp by 30 or more. :lol:

without naming names I agree with you. :lol:

I find that not only coaches sometimes compare teams, but most of all the fans compare teams. They start the year with the preconception that the incoming team will be great, or might not be as good, but their expectations of having a winning team in good years, or a losing team after a bad season follow the NEW team that should be allowed a new "dance card". What the fans forget is that is that the new team before them does bring new pluses--and sometimes new minuses. But EVERY team has that. The teams that were strong last year aren't necessarily the same this year. We lived that last year--after making it to Memphis, we started out 0-3 last year; for years, Greenbrier has had the title and now are trying to find their strengths again; Station Camp finished low last year, and now some of us dread playing them. Even though it is hard, we need to realize the difference in teams, just as we would realize the difference in our own children. As long as any child, any player, any team has a strong support system in parents, friends and fans, no matter what the scoreboard reflects, they will NEVER lose.

I agree 75, each year has thier own identity

I agree also, every team has their strengths and weaknesses, but the common denominator with WH has always been physical play on both sides of the ball, they always are more prepared, and they always, ALWAYS play with heart and emotions. Every year is different though, and this year has to find its identity just like all the other years, but it HAS to do those things first...then they will find their identity.

without naming names I agree with you- B)

without naming names I agree with you. B)

Sorry, but I only mentioned a player I would like to see get a chance. I didn't mention a players name that I didn't think was getting the job done. Go back & read it again. I also know that we will get better, but Page lost many players last year & wasn't that great a year ago. We should've had the game put away at half time. Don't forget Randall Toney & the running back from Mapplewood. We faced the kid from Mapplewood in 2004 & he was a Sophomore & he almost single handedly beat us that year. He was dragging some of our big guys 5-7 yards down the field 2 & 3 at a time. He should be a senior now & that is probably what happened to Pearl. Also don't forget that Pearl hasn't had much luck in their first game the last few years. We will improve, no doubt, but I see a lot of weaknesses. Primarily at the QB position & Run Defense. Have a good one to all.

Sorry, but I only mentioned a player I would like to see get a chance. I didn't mention a players name that I didn't think was getting the job done. Go back & read it again. I also know that we will get better, but Page lost many players last year & wasn't that great a year ago. We should've had the game put away at half time. Don't forget Randall Toney & the running back from Mapplewood. We faced the kid from Mapplewood in 2004 & he was a Sophomore & he almost single handedly beat us that year. He was dragging some of our big guys 5-7 yards down the field 2 & 3 at a time. He should be a senior now & that is probably what happened to Pearl. Also don't forget that Pearl hasn't had much luck in their first game the last few years. We will improve, no doubt, but I see a lot of weaknesses. Primarily at the QB position & Run Defense. Have a good one to all.

I understood your post, and most people would not know the other QB,but it is still the principle of standing behind all of our players and not second guessing.I have no doubt that we will improve but you must understand we are very young too.The running back from Station Camp will be good but we have shut down good backs before.We just have to reach down and find what was missing from week one.The player you mentioned will get his chance when it is his turn B)