White House/Franklin-Simpson

titans89

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the players have alot to work on, being a young team they have alot of adjustments to make and to learn how to make. But I do think the talent is there, they have got to go back to the boards and let the Page game go and look ahead at Franklin Simpson. They are "Blue Devils" they will be fine~

I think the players have alot to work on, being a young team they have alot of adjustments to make and to learn how to make. But I do think the talent is there, they have got to go back to the boards and let the Page game go and look ahead at Franklin Simpson. They are "Blue Devils" they will be fine~

You would think that after a season like last year that the Blue Devils would be ready, experienced or not. They returned alot of players, bottom line, Ricky Ladd, no Ricky Ladd, they had guys on the field, getting playing time, and that is what makes you a better football player, from the freshman who hasnt ever played ball in his life to the senior who has started every single game. You do NOT walk onto a field not ready to play. BOTTOM LINE. You owe it to yourself and you owe it to your teammates to be mentally and physically prepared to battle. I believe that saying that a team is too young or too inexperienced is just a cushion for people to fall on when something doesnt go the way they were supposed to. White House should've, and I stress the should've, won that game on paper and on film. But luckily for all of us, they do not play football by crunching numbers and comparing statistics. You win football games with heart, guts, character, and preparation. Apparently, Page had that. White House didnt seem to. But one game doesnt make a season, so luckily for the Devils, they get to play again. And I will bet that they will realize that you can't come to a fight expecting to just waltz on in there and get the game handed to you on a silver platter. These boys need to realize that they are gonna have to battle for everything they get. Thats why they didnt win. Not because the were too young, but because they lacked the desire to win and they underestimated their opponent. These are going to be the keys for them this year:

1) They must prepare to win.

2) They must all share a common goal to win.

3) THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE UNDERDOG. And they need to play like it.

4) They cannot make excuse for themselves.

5) They must be willing to work.

I love White House Football; It represents everything that football should be about; hard work, dedication to your team, and unshakeable pride. But I love the game of football more than I love White House and they need to start playing ball the way it ought to and deserves to be played. Good luck next week guys. Just remember, when things start to get tough out there, you grab that hand of the guy next to you and you look him in the eyes and you tell him, "I want to win this for you, for me, and this team and I would rather DIE on this very field then let my teammates down." Once you do that you will see a totally different football team. See ya Friday.

MB