Henry County

coolcat

First off, congratulations to Dickson Co. on a great victory tonight and to our Henry Co. Patriots for a great effort in the second half comeback. With that said...I have some questions about the HC squad after the first two games:

#1 - What good does it do to run a no huddle offense if we have to burn timeouts to prevent delay of game penalties? I have yet to see what advantage this is giving us on the field and seems to only cause additional confusion.

#2 - Please explain to the coaching staff that timeouts do not carry over to the next game. We got the ball back tonight after a great defensive series, with over a minute to go, worked the ball down inside the Dickson Co. 50 yard line right at a minute to go, WITH 3 TIMEOUTS! What do we do...we run another 20 seconds off of the clock (again, with 3 timeouts, under a minute to go), rushing through the confusion of getting the play call from the sideline and resulting in a game ending interception. Why not burn a TO to settle down, call a couple of plays and be ready at the line with a chance to win the ball game????

#3 - We have one of the most athletic players in the state, yet we want to run the shotgun and then have him run the ball between the guards 60% of the time???

Tonight's loss might not have been a win either way, but we had momentum and didn't take advantage of the opportunities we had before us. I hope the kids on the team keep their heads up, 2 losses to 2 exceptional ball teams early in the season. On the bright side, we head into Region play next week after playing probably two of the best teams we will face until the play-offs. But, and I know it is early, BUT, shouldn't we be figuring out a way to take advantage of the talent we have (and timeouts) to put our kids in the best position to win? By that, altering the gameplan a little througout the game and making some adjustments before being down by 2 TDs.

Again, great effort by players from each squad, Dickson might even have more speed than Ridgeway did last week, and should have a very good season. As for the Patriots, we are a lot better than I record reflects and hope for a great showing in the Region.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redpridepersonified

First off, congratulations to Dickson Co. on a great victory tonight and to our Henry Co. Patriots for a great effort in the second half comeback. With that said...I have some questions about the HC squad after the first two games:

#1 - What good does it do to run a no huddle offense if we have to burn timeouts to prevent delay of game penalties? I have yet to see what advantage this is giving us on the field and seems to only cause additional confusion.

#2 - Please explain to the coaching staff that timeouts do not carry over to the next game. We got the ball back tonight after a great defensive series, with over a minute to go, worked the ball down inside the Dickson Co. 50 yard line right at a minute to go, WITH 3 TIMEOUTS! What do we do...we run another 20 seconds off of the clock (again, with 3 timeouts, under a minute to go), rushing through the confusion of getting the play call from the sideline and resulting in a game ending interception. Why not burn a TO to settle down, call a couple of plays and be ready at the line with a chance to win the ball game????

#3 - We have one of the most athletic players in the state, yet we want to run the shotgun and then have him run the ball between the guards 60% of the time???

Tonight's loss might not have been a win either way, but we had momentum and didn't take advantage of the opportunities we had before us. I hope the kids on the team keep their heads up, 2 losses to 2 exceptional ball teams early in the season. On the bright side, we head into Region play next week after playing probably two of the best teams we will face until the play-offs. But, and I know it is early, BUT, shouldn't we be figuring out a way to take advantage of the talent we have (and timeouts) to put our kids in the best position to win? By that, altering the gameplan a little througout the game and making some adjustments before being down by 2 TDs.

Again, great effort by players from each squad, Dickson might even have more speed than Ridgeway did last week, and should have a very good season. As for the Patriots, we are a lot better than I record reflects and hope for a great showing in the Region.

I think all of these points are valid and well stated. I just hope the Henry County faithful hold off on their usual getting mad at the coach and continue to support the entire staff at HCHS as well as the players. Its extremely easy to sit in the stands and say they should have done this or that, but is extremely different when your in the hot seat. I still think we've got a good team and we'll be successful this season , but only if we stay the course and not jump ship. I heard many, many frustrated fans venting walking out of the game some with players on the team and if they express those negative feelings to the player then they begin to break down the unity that is essential within a team to be successful! Whether we all agree with strategies of the game it is our responsibilities as fans to cheer not analyze games! Well thats my oppinion anyway! Have a good night and a restful weekend!

I truely hate to but, I have to disagree with the comment "We have one of the most athletic players in the state". This player has just been spot lighted more than others! While he is good & has made or broken records we have MANY Great Athletic players on this TEAM! Put that ball in Gallimore's hands & watch that boy get it down the field. Watch those guys on that O-line & see for yourself which playerS clear the way for the ball to be passed or carried. Then watch for yourself on our D-line (that was in Fri.'s 2nd half & in the week before's D-line) and see #50, #57, #55, #68, #62, #76, #65,#78 & #77 Play Ball! These guys aren't spot lighted, but it takes them ALL to Make The TEAM & help the TEAM come win or lose they are also out there busting their butts just as hard & with TALENT TOO! The good thing about the spot light though, the scouts get to see the other Talented players. All though it's not been written about in the papers there are other players that have been looked at by schools wanting them too. My point is stop boosting one when it takes them All.

McNairl is one of the best athletes in west TN, He ran for 150 yards Friday night in between the tackles as you put it, are you suggesting that he should have been running elsewhere?

As for the post about all the athletes, do not fret just because someone made a comment about one of the best athletes in the area, you even metnioned a few pretty good football players but you did leave a few out.

To compliment one is not to insult the rest. I will not list numbers as I would probably leave one out as well, but it takes the whole team, not just the ones that play on Friday nights, these guys have to be prepared by players that never see the field on Friday night, where is there glory, "Rudy"

Was Jerry Rice just spot llighted more or was he the best at what he did?

Is it possible for a parent to look at a team and treat all of that teams players as their own, I think it is, and we have some of those parents but we have some parents who do not mind saying negative things about other players just to bring their own child praise. ALL of these young men deserve praise and if someone posts something positve about one, it should notbe disagreed upon with a negative twist. Praise is great for all and Negative talk is good for no one. Just my opinion, not trying to run anyone off, just asking for positive talk about these young men. Talk negative about me if you feel the need, I can handle it.

I guess I cold have made that a lot shorter and to the point by saying, lets treat the players as we would want our children treated. If someone payed your shild a compliment would you want someone else to come back and discredit that sompliment, neither would I. How about the Golden Rule

Treat others as you wish to be treated, If you do not have something psitive to say about a child, do not say anything at all.

This is a GREAT thread for JCM and the rest of the region. I hope Brighton and Hardin County follow the lead of coolcat and initiate a "bashing thread". Keep up the infighting HC...it's no wonder it has been over a decade since you have had a good team in consecutive years. You people amaze even the YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I cold have made that a lot shorter and to the point by saying, lets treat the players as we would want our children treated. If someone payed your shild a compliment would you want someone else to come back and discredit that sompliment, neither would I. How about the Golden Rule

Treat others as you wish to be treated, If you do not have something psitive to say about a child, do not say anything at all.

Thanks Prophet, well said. I definitely did not mean any disrespect to any of the other players and to twist it to make it sound that way is totally misleading.

That said, what are we going to see out of Hardin Co. (my mistake, thanks Butter) this weekend and what are we going to do to right the ship and start the region off with a win? Anyone have any information on McNairy?

Edited by coolcat

Thanks Prophet, well said. I definitely did not mean any disrespect to any of the other players and to twist it to make it sound that way is totally misleading.

That said, what are we going to see out of McNairy this weekend and what are we going to do to right the ship and start the region off with a win? Anyone have any information on McNairy?

NcNairy??

Hardin Co plays at Henry Co this Friday. A thread already exist for that.

Well las year JCM ran the same type of offense. We both had very similar quarterbacks. Borner took the majority of his carries straight up the gut and ran for over 1300 yards as well as passed for almost 1200.

The YANKER wants the AartzyBlonde,Coolcat, and Red,White&Blue Just For U to please keep lanching the attacks on your coaches and even your own QB. This is quite a sight. Just PLEASE don't EVER consider becoming JCM fans. I really shouldn't care but the YANKER stays on this thread more than our own due to lack of interest I guess. I have developed a few friends on the HC threads. Keep tearing yourselves, your team, and your players and hopefully the rest of us will learn what NOT to do. This is a laugher for the YANKER!!!!!

Well las year JCM ran the same type of offense. We both had very similar quarterbacks. Borner took the majority of his carries straight up the gut and ran for over 1300 yards as well as passed for almost 1200.

Please do not help these people out my "Juiceful" friend. They are eliminating themselves from contention. While the YANKER agrees with you, we don't want them to ever gain too much from our intelligence. The YANKER will see you at the ROCK Friday night!!!!!!!

The YANKER wants the AartzyBlonde,Coolcat, and Red,White&Blue Just For U to please keep lanching the attacks on your coaches and even your own QB. This is quite a sight. Just PLEASE don't EVER consider becoming JCM fans. I really shouldn't care but the YANKER stays on this thread more than our own due to lack of interest I guess. I have developed a few friends on the HC threads. Keep tearing yourselves, your team, and your players and hopefully the rest of us will learn what NOT to do. This is a laugher for the YANKER!!!!!

I would almost prefer lack of interest to the bashing. You would think we were defending national champions instead of a rebuilding team with the negativity. By the way, I can tell from the spelling, support for 77, etc. that Blonde and Red, White, and Blue are one in the same. Maybe Coolcat could get another name, and the bashing would quadruple. At least I keep all of my personalities under one name.

Edited by realredpride