MCMINN ENTERS THE NEST

PRIMETIME OWL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts are as follows:

McMinn is an experienced team that should be much improved from the last few years. They have a long tradition of football success, and I cannot imagine they will be down for long. Strong, experienced running back and a decent quarterback to compliment. Should be improved on all fronts and much deeper than the past couple of years.

Ooltewah is young with many of those playing sophomores and juniors. In fact on defense, they are using as many as 9 underclassmen most of the time. On offense they appear to be playing about 6 underclassmen. They are very athletic and very quick on both sides of the ball. Offensive line is weak and a lot of improvement is needed in this area.

Should make for a very interesting game, in light of what Ooltewah lost last year, but it does look like they have reloaded. They have pretty good talent all the way down to the ninth grade. McMinn had a great 9th grade team last year, and that should really build their depth as well.

The game is at Ooltewah, which is traditionally a pretty tough place to play. If anything this probably gives Ootlewah the edge in this game. Will be a real fun high school game to watch.

field is in good shape, it is not cut as low as mcminn's field. owls dont need that kind of help in the speed category!

Primetime Owl it is not that McMinn needs any help especially from a bunch of BIRDS...We just wanted to make sure that we did not need to bring our lawn mower with us to be able to see the players. I will have to say that Ooltewah typically has a good field

these birds have made life tough for you indians

Over the past 7-8 years it has become a good competitive game, know before that Ooltewah had not been that competitive with McMinn. Ooltewah will continue to have a good football program becuase Hamilton County is growing in that direction and they have more quality athletes to choose from not to mention they have a legend in coach Monroe leading the program. And of course coach Gatewood is back and brings with him his own leadership. This has developed into an important game early in the region schedule for both teams, I still give McMinn the advantage in this one because they are extremely hungry to win and have the players to do so. Should be a good one and will have the attention of alot of media from the local area. GO TRIBE!!!!

Over the past 7-8 years it has become a good competitive game, know before that Ooltewah had not been that competitive with McMinn. Ooltewah will continue to have a good football program becuase Hamilton County is growing in that direction and they have more quality athletes to choose from not to mention they have a legend in coach Monroe leading the program. And of course coach Gatewood is back and brings with him his own leadership. This has developed into an important game early in the region schedule for both teams, I still give McMinn the advantage in this one because they are extremely hungry to win and have the players to do so. Should be a good one and will have the attention of alot of media from the local area. GO TRIBE!!!!

The Tribe is going to bite off more than they can chew Ooltewah by 14

The winner will be the team who has the least amount of mistakes (ie - penalties and turnovers). I feel that these two teams are very evenly matched this year. Time will tell. It definitely would be a huge win for mcminn against a top 5 opponent.

Mental mistakes aside, I say mcminn by 3, 17-14.

The winner will be the team who has the least amount of mistakes (ie - penalties and turnovers). I feel that these two teams are very evenly matched this year. Time will tell. It definitely would be a huge win for mcminn against a top 5 opponent.

Mental mistakes aside, I say mcminn by 3, 17-14.

I like the way you are thinking 8Ball.....