MCMINN ENTERS THE NEST

PRIMETIME OWL

OWLS ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE. MCMINN WILL BE A TOUGH OPPONENT, GREAT SKILL PLAYERS. I BELIEVE IT WILL COME DOWN TO TURNOVERS AND PENALTIES. OWLS ARE VERY TOUGH TO BEAT AT HOME AT THE NEST, IT WILL BE A PACKED HOUSE! LOOK FOR OOLTEWAH TO UNLEASH JEREMY WOODS-QB, THAT BOY IS VERY SMART WITH THE BALL AND HAS A GREAT UNDERSTANDING FOR THE GAME. OWLS IN A SLUG FEST BY 7!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game could not get any bigger for the owls. talk about a huge game! in fact, i think that the the winner of this game, is in the driver seat for region 2-5A. having the kees at home is a big advantage for ooltewah

I don't know about the driver seat for region 2-5a.... There are some other big schools to get past and McMinn and Ooltewah both have a lot to prove...

It is a much bigger game for McMinn. McMinn must prove it has the ability to compete against the regions big 3: OR, Owls, and Farragut. too early to tell but it looks as though mcminn is on the right track; beating a team they're supposed to beat in chatt central handily. for the owls it is a first region game against a possible playoff contender. i've heard that cookeville is down after losing a lot of seniors and although posters on coacht say that rhea is good this year, i don't think they are good enough to contend in region 5-2a. this makes mcminn possibly the owls toughest opponent to date. should be a good game featuring arguably the regions best 2 backs in marshal and mcdermott.

way too early to be in the drivers seat for region but obviously it is the first step for both teams. i don't believe anyone will go undefeated in the region this year but the loser of this game has a long uphill battle.

This should be a good game. I picked McMinn to make the playoffs this year behind Farragut, Oak Ridge, and Ooltewah. Farragut has already stumbled, we'll see if they can recover.

McMinn has some great skill players and a lot of experience returning from last year. They have a lot to make up from last year, but they certainly have the talent to do so.

Ooltewah, although losing the heart of their team from last year, may actually have a better all around team. They are definitely better on defense. This is a young team dominated by juniors and sophomores, with some real strong senior leadership in key positions.

Ooltewah has tremendous team speed and are able to defend the run and the pass.

This will be much close than last year, but home field advantage and a pretty solid team, overall, should make this one a victory for the Owls. Good luck to both teams.

Should be a great game featuring arguably the regions best 2 backs in marshall and mcdermott.

mcminn 24

ooltewah 14

* assuming of course that mcminn can correct the penalties and turnovers (which killed them in this same game last year) from last friday nite.

The Owls has outscored McMinn 82-7 in the past 2 years! I would think Ooltewah would be the favorite in this game considering the past couple of years and with their team this year. If McMinn does win it won't be by 10 points. Ooltewah has a pretty good defense and inorder to beat them you will have to pass the ball and the area's best passing team maybe had 100 yards passing. Ooltewah will score! It should be a good game but I see the Owls ahead at the end by 2 td's.

The Owls has outscored McMinn 82-7 in the past 2 years! I would think Ooltewah would be the favorite in this game considering the past couple of years and with their team this year. If McMinn does win it won't be by 10 points. Ooltewah has a pretty good defense and inorder to beat them you will have to pass the ball and the area's best passing team maybe had 100 yards passing. Ooltewah will score! It should be a good game but I see the Owls ahead at the end by 2 td's.

If you are using the past two years games as an indicator (82-7) then why would you have a prediction of the owls by only 2 TD's let alone an IF statement that mcminn may win?

my prediction is not based on years past but on this years teams. i don't know who you think has the areas best passing team (please don't say rhea or cookeville) but no way this years owls club is better than last years.

Yes indeed McMinn is improved from last year but I am not sure how good of a team Chatt. Central was I mean what 1-9 last year and 0-1 so far this year. #2 for the Tribe is a tallent TB rushing for 232 yards last week and only playing 3 quarters.

I am sure coach Monroe will have his team prepared as he usually does and this game reminds me of a Tennessee / Florida game coming early in the season but will have serious implications on the makeup of Region 2AAAAA. It should be a good one and with that said I have to go with the Tribe in this one 28-17. GO TRIBE!!!