MCMINN ENTERS THE NEST

PRIMETIME OWL

:thumb: Coaching can also cost you a game. Not throwing the ball and not having your team prepared physically and mentally. I do think McMinn will win games this year but I do believe after seeing them at the Owls nest they are not in the best of shape.Only had maybe 5 great plays from the offense. anyhow wish both teams the best of luck. I do think the Owls will be either #1 or #2 by the end of the season. the Cherokees will be #4.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Coaching can also cost you a game. Not throwing the ball and not having your team prepared physically and mentally. I do think McMinn will win games this year but I do believe after seeing them at the Owls nest they are not in the best of shape.Only had maybe 5 great plays from the offense. anyhow wish both teams the best of luck. I do think the Owls will be either #1 or #2 by the end of the season. the Cherokees will be #4.

i agree with physically but not mentally. the cherokees came out ready to play. you may recall that one of those big plays came very early to put mcminn ahead. defensively, mcminn stopped ooltewah early as well. a couple of lapses in pass coverage late hurt. although ooltewah moved the ball more consistantly their scores came from big plays. mcminn had very few penalties after having 16 in their first game. (non of this is to say that the coaching on mcminn's sideline can even come close to ooltewah's, with Monroe & Gatewood, at this point) i do believe that the cherokees were mentally prepared. we did run out of gas, though.

from what i witnessed friday nite, the owls are more likely to be #1 than #2. good luck to you guys.

Edited by 27ALLGO

McMinn will win next week by 2-3 td's. I was surprised why the coach didn't run the option more. Your whole offense was on option plays and 1 toss sweep! McMinn will give Oak Ridge and Farragut a run for their money. They have tons of talent. The only weakness in my opinion is you pass rush. Your d-line wasn't getting any pressure on Woods and he made them pay... Ooltewah beats Central by 5 td's.

My take on the game tonight. First I will say McMinn is improved from last year. They will surprise some teams before the year is over. They are not in very good shape, IMO. Scored on two big plays, QB and RB are both quality players. Holland has to step up and set the tone for their defense, not sure he is capable of being that type of leader. Ooltewah's defense played very well. This was supposed to be The Owls first big test. I thought Ooltewah played better again tonight than in the previous two games. I do like seeing the gradual improvement. Marshall continues to run relentlessly. Jeremy Woods stepped up and played very good tonight in only his third varsity start. This is still a very young Ooltewah team they are not there yet. Central is next on the list, I hope they continue to take them one game at a time. Good Luck Cherokees, I think your in for a better season than last year from what I saw tonight. :thumb:

I agree with most of that...except the part on Holland...he has taken more of a leadership role this year i think and played very good in the first game, but he didn't play as good as usual vs Ooltewah. Usually you can depend on him to never miss a tackle, but he missed a couple of big ones friday