MCMINN ENTERS THE NEST

PRIMETIME OWL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the way Marshall #5 played friday night I'll take Owls by 14. Owls lineman will control the game!! I am now a believer

McMinn has a very tallented defense which is quick to the ball and has experienced players. Not to mention the offense which returns 8 starters from last year. I believe it will come down to which team has the fewest mistakes.

McMinn does have a good rush defense, i think they can contain Marshall, not sayin he wont get some good yards, but they can contain him..Offensively, we have a few good backs, notably Trace who i think is the best back in the region. And passing the ball we have gotten much better, Devon has a great arm and is a threat to run the ball at any time...but i hear Ooltewah has a pretty good D too so who knows what might happen in this game

Ooltewah lost 17 starters from last year and everyone in the state say they are a top 5 squad. why? McMinn should be a good measuring stick because of their team experience. Rhea returned 15 players but replaced a head coach so I am not sure how good the Owls are until they play a notorious juggernaut team like McMinn. I do know this Ooltewah has the talent, the question is do they know how to use it. Heart, Leadership, and Determination to be perfect everyday, will tell me if the Owls are for REAL. Go Owls !

Ooltewah lost 17 starters from last year and everyone in the state say they are a top 5 squad. why? McMinn should be a good measuring stick because of their team experience. Rhea returned 15 players but replaced a head coach so I am not sure how good the Owls are until they play a notorious juggernaut team like McMinn. I do know this Ooltewah has the talent, the question is do they know how to use it. Heart, Leadership, and Determination to be perfect everyday, will tell me if the Owls are for REAL. Go Owls !

I think Ooltewah is for real and I believe they will put a "pop knot" on McMinn's head big enough to need a support garment. They'll be on them like ugly on a Baldwin brother.

DID YOU KNOW COACH MONROE PLAYED HIS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AS A QUARTERBACK AT MCMINN??HE IS FROM ATHENS..HE WOULD RATHER BEAT MCMINN THAN ANYBODY THEY PLAY EXCPET MAYBE BRADLEY CO. LOOK FOR THE OWLS TO BE SOOOO READY OWLS BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

DID YOU KNOW COACH MONROE PLAYED HIS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AS A QUARTERBACK AT MCMINN??HE IS FROM ATHENS..HE WOULD RATHER BEAT MCMINN THAN ANYBODY THEY PLAY EXCPET MAYBE BRADLEY CO. LOOK FOR THE OWLS TO BE SOOOO READY OWLS BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

Lovehsfootball you are correct in that Benny played @ McMinn and his roots are very deep in this community. There are many of the "silver heads" that have some great stories about Benny in his younger years here in Athens and I believe you would be safe in saying that he loves to show those "silver beards" that he can still get the job done. But guess what Benny is not playing maybe he is coaching but not playing, know we respect him and you must with his legacy in high school football but the legacy will not win games the players on the field is what does that. And when you put 16 & 17 year old kids on the field anything can happen and it usually does. This should be a good high school football contest and I know that the Tribe is excited about the oppurtinity. GO TRIBE!!!!

You couldn't possibly be talkin about an Adam or Neal baldwin could you from McMinn? If you are thats hilarious

Nope..I don't know Adam or Neal. I was referring to the acting Baldwin's (Billy, Daniel, Alec and Steven). It was a cheap attempt at humor. I wouldn't personally attack anyone on this board by name; just some of their posts.

It appears we will have excellent weather with the temps. being in the low 80's @ kickoff and mid 70's during the game which is ideal for high school football. Enough of that 90 degree stuff.....

Any idea what kind of condition the field is in? Is it a fast track? McMinn's field appeard to be the best I have seen it in some time last week. They finally lowered the blades on the mower and turned it into a fast surface and looked great with the paint scheme. Oh well back to the game, I still like McMinn and I approve of this message! GO TRIBE!!!!