LaVergne @ Lebanon

wow 3 ints in the first half!

the turnover fest that started late last yr continues

that is 4 ints in 2 games and going back to last yrs last game that is 7 ints in 3 games and in those games lavergne has lost 2 and barely beat an awful centennial team.

I believe if the turnovers are not corrected the wheels are about to fall off the high tech offense

rick 88 made a very good point Lavergne while they don't huddle actually takes longer to run a play than teams that huddle even to the point of getting delay of game penalties.

Right now i see it as

lebanon 28

lavergne 21

everything correct except the "awful" centennial part. I can bet everybody that was at the game saw that CHS was 10 times better than last year. Next week's game against Independence will be a good one because both teams have improved and both are willing to prove themselves.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go with LaVergne in this close game. One big change I woould like to see though is this, If LaVergne wants to run the no huddle and run it effectively, they have got to get the plays called in to A-Rod quicker. The defense still has time to swap out players and adjust to the offensive setup by taking 15+ seconds to call in a play. I am NOT dogging on Coach Hester's play calling just the amouont of time it takes to get the play signalled to A-Rod. I am unsure of how much the coaches trust A-Rod's judgement to reading defense's but my suggestion would be to give A-Rod several different plays before the offensive series starts and let him call the play and if he doesn't like the defensive setup, call an audible. I know, I know, most people are going to say this is high school and these kids are not to that level to run the offense themselves. Just put the opportunity in A-Rod's hands for a series or two early in the game and see how it goes. It was working great at the early on of last season then the calls came in slower and slower. The whole idea of the no huddle is wear out the defense and you obviously can't do that when they have time to sub between players. Again, this is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect to Hester or any of the coaches at LaVergne but I honestly think they need to speed up the offense to be more effective with the no huddle.

Congrats to LaVergne on the W last Friday and I will be in Lebanon this Friday rooting for the Wolverines again.

you gotta know what your talking about before you post something. the no huddle offense is obviously not trying to wear out the defense in this case or else they would get the play in quicker. the object of the slow no huddle offense is for the defense to line up to the called formation, and then the offensive coach calls a play exploiting the defense's weakness depending on how they line up. think about it, if your trying to go fast by no huddling, then why does it take so long to get the play called??? the coach isnt stupid. lots of teams are starting to do this. wait for defense to line up, then call the play

wow 3 ints in the first half!

the turnover fest that started late last yr continues

that is 4 ints in 2 games and going back to last yrs last game that is 7 ints in 3 games and in those games lavergne has lost 2 and barely beat an awful centennial team.

I believe if the turnovers are not corrected the wheels are about to fall off the high tech offense

rick 88 made a very good point Lavergne while they don't huddle actually takes longer to run a play than teams that huddle even to the point of getting delay of game penalties.

Right now i see it as

lebanon 28

lavergne 21

the problem I have is this.....Lebanon throws int's too. Sallis threw 3 on Friday night. He may not be the guy for the job. Give Walker more of a shot at qb. did the coach forget how well he played in the last game against Smyrna last year, or is he just ignorant? of course, this is Lebanon, and Coach Brown is probably being influenced by boosters or well-off parents which is often the case in Lebanon. However, coach Brown needs to remember that those same people will be calling for his job if he doesn't win this year. He said the qb position is wide open, yeah right.....why would you leave a qb in that cannot move your team down the field and can't make the throws. What I saw friday night was embarassing.

you gotta know what your talking about before you post something. the no huddle offense is obviously not trying to wear out the defense in this case or else they would get the play in quicker. the object of the slow no huddle offense is for the defense to line up to the called formation, and then the offensive coach calls a play exploiting the defense's weakness depending on how they line up. think about it, if your trying to go fast by no huddling, then why does it take so long to get the play called??? the coach isnt stupid. lots of teams are starting to do this. wait for defense to line up, then call the play

do you honestly believe any well coached team that has scouted lavergen a lick does not know that! I mean come on this is not youth league.

Not a single team will be in the defensive line up they show when the ball is snapped. As a matter of fact Smyrna waited lavergne out on virtually every play before they made their defensive adjustments and never once shouted out any coverages all defensive calls were silent and done by hand signals so Lavergne could not pick them up.

with 7 ints in the last 3 games I would say they are not fooling to many people

lebanon 28

lavergne 21

:D Your logic sounds good for about, oh say 1 or 2 games. If the other coaches are paying any attention then they pick up on that pretty quick and have their defense called in but the guys just kind of hang around in the backfield until the offensive play is called in or they line up in a different defense than what they are really going to play and then switch around at the last second. I seen that happen alot in the latter half of last season against LaVergne.

The part you stated about "if they were trying to go fast by no huddling, why does it takes so long to get the play in?" That was my point exactly. I know that Coach Hester is NOT stupid and I stated that in my last post. I don't see any advantage to not huddling while taking so long to call in a play. I think they should call in a pass and run play as soon as the last play was whistled dead and let the QB decide which to call, granted this would not work with all teams as some QB;s wouldn't feel comfortable reading the defenses. :D

do you honestly believe any well coached team that has scouted lavergen a lick does not know that! I mean come on this is not youth league.

Not a single team will be in the defensive line up they show when the ball is snapped. As a matter of fact Smyrna waited lavergne out on virtually every play before they made their defensive adjustments and never once shouted out any coverages all defensive calls were silent and done by hand signals so Lavergne could not pick them up.

with 7 ints in the last 3 games I would say they are not fooling to many people

lebanon 28

lavergne 21

82cat

I agree with you (even though you are a Smyrna fan, LOL) Seriously, I agree that apparently that logic of waiting for the defense to line up isn't working very well. I say run a true no huddle or just huddle up after every play. Have a little trust in your QB to read the defense and possibly even :D call an audible :D if he doesn't like what he sees. I am curious also, I heard on 104.5 last Friday night that Sonny Gray is calling the plays himself for Smyrna, is that true? If so, that's cool that Coach Shadowens has that must trust in him.

GO WOLVERINES

Edited by Rick88

Sonny has been checking off based on what his reads

Lavergne about 50 to 60% of the time

brentwood about 33%

Coach shad and especially the new qb coach ( 20 plus yrs as a college qb coach)

have made sonny who has tons of athletic ability a complete qb. he has become an expert at the dummy audible making it impossible to tell when he is really checking off.

The reason I am so familiar on what going on with lavergen is because smyrna did the same thing a few yrs ago (wolkes sophmore yr) they even went up to hendersonville and beat a team that made it to the clinic bowl that yr.

But ----- as the year went on and more and more teams got film, it got tougher and tougher and just like lavergne the turnovers started to go up game after game.

I still say with that big o line Lavergne could run right at teams more and take some pressure of their qb

But that just my opinion and I am sure no one from Lavergne wants much of that :D

82cat

I agree with you (even though you are a Smyrna fan, LOL) Seriously, I agree that apparently that logic of waiting for the defense to line up isn't working very well. I say run a true no huddle or just huddle up after every play. Have a little trust in your QB to read the defense and possibly even :lol: call an audible :) if he doesn't like what he sees. I am curious also, I heard on 104.5 last Friday night that Sonny Gray is calling the plays himself for Smyrna, is that true? If so, that's cool that Coach Shadowens has that must trust in him.

GO WOLVERINES

yeah it looks like that is what he is doing alot of times.

but i think this one will be a close game if arod cuts down the turnovers than lavergne will win this one..barely.