LaVergne @ Lebanon

do you honestly believe any well coached team that has scouted lavergen a lick does not know that! I mean come on this is not youth league.

Not a single team will be in the defensive line up they show when the ball is snapped. As a matter of fact Smyrna waited lavergne out on virtually every play before they made their defensive adjustments and never once shouted out any coverages all defensive calls were silent and done by hand signals so Lavergne could not pick them up.

with 7 ints in the last 3 games I would say they are not fooling to many people

lebanon 28

lavergne 21

You are absolutely right about that. Smyrna hit us HARD by their adjustments. We fixed that though after the game, unfortunately it was too late. 7 INT's? in the last 3? We've played 2 and we've thrown 4.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82cat

I agree with you (even though you are a Smyrna fan, LOL) Seriously, I agree that apparently that logic of waiting for the defense to line up isn't working very well. I say run a true no huddle or just huddle up after every play. Have a little trust in your QB to read the defense and possibly even :lol: call an audible :) if he doesn't like what he sees. I am curious also, I heard on 104.5 last Friday night that Sonny Gray is calling the plays himself for Smyrna, is that true? If so, that's cool that Coach Shadowens has that must trust in him.

GO WOLVERINES

Why would you not have trust in the kid.. do you not see how smart he is.. I mean he confused Lavergne so much they didnt have a clue what they were doing.. and he also has the Athletic abitlity to do it.. This kid should be an ALL-AMERICAN

quote:

I still say with that big o line Lavergne could run right at teams more and take some pressure of their qb

YES!!! In the second half when Lavergne went up 24-12...and Centennial playing everybody both ways (and those guys getting dog tired in the heat) - LHS could have starting pounding and running wide more and salted the game away.

I expect the next time they get a 2 td 2nd half lead, that might happen.

P.s. - Lavergne fans. If you go through Smyrna to 840 it doesn't take long at all to get to Lebanon.

You are absolutely right about that. Smyrna hit us HARD by their adjustments. We fixed that though after the game, unfortunately it was too late. 7 INT's? in the last 3? We've played 2 and we've thrown 4.

going back to the playoff game at cookeville with the same qb and system

3 ints against them

Why would you not have trust in the kid.. do you not see how smart he is.. I mean he confused Lavergne so much they didnt have a clue what they were doing.. and he also has the Athletic abitlity to do it.. This kid should be an ALL-AMERICAN

I didn't say that Shad shouldn't have that must trust in Gray, I was saying if he did have that must trust in him then that is pretty cool. Admit it, how many high school QB's are allowed to call their own plays or even have the option to call audibles? I would like to see that more myself from other teams but I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

aw, well i dont believe the interceptions have or in your case had anything to do with the offense we run. They were either well judged, bad throws, or bad routes.

OR

it was windy

the sun was in our eyes

it was to dark

it was hot

it was cold

or could it be defenses have caught up ???

OR

it was windy

the sun was in our eyes

it was to dark

it was hot

it was cold

I field that one. I went to Cookeville. It was cold. But that would apply to both teams.

I don't usually gripe about officiating. However - it was in a word horrible.

People came back saying that they had been to "home cooking-ville" Tennessee.

OR

it was windy

the sun was in our eyes

it was to dark

it was hot

it was cold

I don't see how throwing interceptions means the defense caught on to the offense. Maybe the defense has caught on to the formation. Duh. Thats obvious, but its not like CB's know what routes WR's run and when they are ran. Thats ridiculous.