RHEA -VS- HIXSON

7mm

AFTER THEIR PERFOMANCE AGAINST THE OWLS, HOW WILL RHEA FARE AGAINST HIXSON? NOT ONLY IS THE O-LINE GOING TO HAVE TO IMPROVE AND THE DEFENSE LEARN TO WRAP UP WHEN MAKING A TACKLE, BUT, THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET A LITTLE MORE CREATIVE ON PLAY CALLING. COME ON GUYS, GET IT TOGETHER. YOU HAVE THE TALLENT AND ABILLITY, USE IT. GO RHEA!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be a pretty good one to watch.

Some things to watch out for.

1. Charles Hardy, RB/DB for Hixson, the kid had 4TDs against ER and 1 TD and 1 INT against ND. Very athletically talented, and fast as lightning.

2. Caleb Wilson, QB for Rhea Co., the leader of the team, he will pretty much dictate whether or not Rhea will do well.

3. Hixson's Pass Defense. This thing has been their achilles heel for the past few years, but with two seniors at safety, and seniors on the line and in the conerbacking corps, it could be a thing of interest.

Rhea Co. should be competitive in 4A this year, last year Hixson beat them after a long kickoff return by Hixson's Coheleach Holmes, which set up the game winning touchdown drive.

Rhea Co. will be playing with a chip on their shoulder, but dont think Hixson's Coach Windham will let his boys get cocky with that 2-0 record over some mediocre teams having down years. Everything is different when it's a region game. This should be a good one.

AS I WAS SAYING EARLIER, IF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DOES'NT GET MORE CREATIVE IN PLAY CALLING, RHEA IS GOING TO HAVE A HARD WAY TO GO. RHEA HAS A GOOD QB AND THEY'RE NOT LETTING HIM GO. IN THE OOLTEWAH GAME, RHEA CHOSE TO TRY TO RUN MOST OF THE NIGHT AND THE OWLS ALL BUT COMPLETELY SHUT THEM DOWN. RHEA HAD MORE SUCCESS THROWING THAN RUNNING, OTHER THAN A LOT OF DROPPED PASSES. IF RHEA DOES'NT GO TO MORE OF A SAY 60/40 PASSING TO RUN PERCENTAGE, I'M AFRAID THEY ARE GOING TO BE IN FOR A LONG SEASON.

AS I WAS SAYING EARLIER, IF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DOES'NT GET MORE CREATIVE IN PLAY CALLING, RHEA IS GOING TO HAVE A HARD WAY TO GO. RHEA HAS A GOOD QB AND THEY'RE NOT LETTING HIM GO. IN THE OOLTEWAH GAME, RHEA CHOSE TO TRY TO RUN MOST OF THE NIGHT AND THE OWLS ALL BUT COMPLETELY SHUT THEM DOWN. RHEA HAD MORE SUCCESS THROWING THAN RUNNING, OTHER THAN A LOT OF DROPPED PASSES. IF RHEA DOES'NT GO TO MORE OF A SAY 60/40 PASSING TO RUN PERCENTAGE, I'M AFRAID THEY ARE GOING TO BE IN FOR A LONG SEASON.

I agree.

Relax boys. First game of the year and the nerves showed. Also we played one of the best 5A schools in the state. When things settled down we showed we could play with them. Now the new boys have a taste of what's to come the'll be alright. I would like too know who comes up with these schedules. We play three 5A teams in our first four games!!!!!! Tough to get your confidence up when your getting beat up each week like that. If we go 2-2 in our first four it will be a good start. If anyone watched these boys in the scrimmages leading up to the season knows we''ll be alright.

Relax boys. First game of the year and the nerves showed. Also we played one of the best 5A schools in the state. When things settled down we showed we could play with them. Now the new boys have a taste of what's to come the'll be alright. I would like too know who comes up with these schedules. We play three 5A teams in our first four games!!!!!! Tough to get your confidence up when your getting beat up each week like that. If we go 2-2 in our first four it will be a good start. If anyone watched these boys in the scrimmages leading up to the season knows we''ll be alright.

I agree. Look at Hixson they played down a division for two games and now they are 2-0, If Rhea had played someone in thier division or down we would be 1-0. The only problem with that is if you get beat by someone "smaller" ie Boyd Buc a couple years ago.

I see some very valid points about Hixson playing down, while other teams were playing up. We kept East Ridge on our schedule because they were a foe from 4-a a couple years ago. I remember playing for Hixson when we got in a huge brawl with them on the sideline. As far as Notre Dame, they were a premeire team last year, but lost many seniors, thats why Hixson beat them handedly.

This has the makings of a great game. I look foward to seeing Caleb Wilson and Rhea square off against Hixson.

#17 from rhea has some game

Yes, number 17 does have alot of game, he had a bad game last week for the most part. From watching the game last week, I think the biggest problem the team has is being undisiplined. Too many late pushes/hits, dropped passes, ect. If I was the Rhea County coach and a player dropped a pass in practice this week it would be automatic extra conditioning or something of the sort. I don't think I actually saw Wilson throw a pass that didn't hit the receiver in the hands. For the most part though, the offensive playcalling wasn't bad, just maybe a little conseravtive (up the middle on third and very long in enemy territory). If the Rhea offense shows up to play on Friday night they should be able to score as many as they want to. Just remember that "If" is a real big word.

Yeah that was one thing that I was definitely glad to see changed the past two years were the late hits and just the undisciplined things such as silly penalties. Whether you agreed with his methods or not, Hammontree did bring some discipline to the team and with him gone I hope that doesn't change because as any good coach will tell you, the little things make the biggest difference. It seemed like there was a lack of focus for the first half Friday night...2nd half was much better but the damage was already done with the 21 points Ooltewah put up, which were a result of good field position, a good runner + arm tackling, and a fumble. Let's hope we get these things corrected by Friday night and come out focused and ready to play because if those little things don't get fixed we're in for a long year. I hope there's more of a concerted effort to throw the ball because that is where we are the most dangerous, and can use the pass to set up the run (unorthodox indeed but nonetheless effective). Alright rambling post done. Good luck Eagles.