CENTRAL AT HALLS?

east10football

yall just get the goats, sheep and cows out there tonite so that they can get a couple of feet off that grass. (I'm on a roll :thumb: )

Seriously, I am not sure why a wet field would be an advantage to Halls. Their players have to make cuts and plant a foot the same as Central's will. I also think it will keep some of the crowd away from the game and maybe spoil some of the activities surrounding the honoring of the 1996 Halls team. Let's hope for good weather for everyone's sake.

Medman, I think what they're trying to say is that a wet field typically slows Athletes down a little bit. If you're trying to cut and make a play out of something it's more likely you'll go down than if it were dry. The reason it plays into Halls' advantage is because it changes nothing for them. Halls is slower than Christmas. We all know this. I mean, they can't really get any slower.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yall just get the goats, sheep and cows out there tonite so that they can get a couple of feet off that grass. (I'm on a roll :thumb: )

Seriously, I am not sure why a wet field would be an advantage to Halls. Their players have to make cuts and plant a foot the same as Central's will. I also think it will keep some of the crowd away from the game and maybe spoil some of the activities surrounding the honoring of the 1996 Halls team. Let's hope for good weather for everyone's sake.

Medman, I think what they're trying to say is that a wet field typically slows Athletes down a little bit. If you're trying to cut and make a play out of something it's more likely you'll go down than if it were dry. The reason it plays into Halls' advantage is because it changes nothing for them. Halls is slower than Christmas. We all know this. I mean, they can't really get any slower.

He who laughs first gets laughed at last. Can't remember who that was qouted from but thought I would throw that into this thread.

Make sure you guys bring your fly fishing boots cause you will need it after all this rain.

i honestly hope you dont think halls is going to win and if so, you will be laughed at.

Dang bro, we got it the first 3 times

Congrats to Central. They played a good game and took advantage of a multitude of Halls miscues.

The bad

-Offense is real bad. We do not have the personnel to run wing-T this year. You need two very good running backs, a strong full back, fast pulling lineman and a center that never gets knocked backward. We don't. IMO Halls should have come up with some I formation for Kitts and worked on Isolation plays with two receivers wide. Pocket passing would be easier to block than the cruddy roll out stuff with no back side protection.

-Halls had (I lost count) 6 or 7 turnovers. Not due to strips or hard hits either. Most were from just not keeping it tucked in traffic.

-Corners play way too soft. They need to play cover two deep if corners can't cover 1 on 1. But giving 10 yard cushions to twins cost two touchdowns.

-"Col. Sanders looking" linesman on Central side was awful. He missed 3 holds against Central, 2 on touchdowns, and missed 1 against Halls on a punt. He awarded a fumble before the ball was controlled. He needs to get his extra money some other way.

The Good

-Defense didn't play near as bad as the score two weeks in a row. C Leonard has to be the best Soph. DL in KIL. He was in on most tackles. For size and youth, Halls played hard D with exception of corners.

-O'Conner played Ok. Only kick-off was very long. Punt were against poor blocking and he did well to get some yardage on a scramble. FG attempt from 56 yards was just wide left but would have been good from 60.

Overall, effort was pretty good. Halls should have went in at halftime down 7-0. Due to late turnovers and corner play it was 20-0 and could have been 28-0. Young talent looks very promising and I hope Coach J. remembers Helton running 1st string in fourth quarter up 35 - 0.

Gibbs could be tough for Halls next week.

Go Big Red!

For the most part I agree with you assesment of the game. Watching Halls offense is like watching paint dry. Its' horrible. I also think they should go to the I and let Kitts run the ball. He looked like he has some pretty good speed and it would get Dayton more involved in your O. I thought the Halls D did a good job in slowing down Wilson. It was obvious they were concentrating on him. Central's option plays and quick hits to the wide outs were very successful and they were giving the wideouts way too much cushion.

For Central--I thought they were very sloppy. The offensive line needs work and discipline. Far too many holding calls and poor blocking for the running backs. Pass protection was good. McMillian continues to improve. Good results with the passing game. What can you say about the Central D. Outstanding. I don't recall Halls completing a pass and they could not have had much more than 100 total yards for the game. Blair was a force again tonite. A solid effort, but the Cats have a lot to work on during their bye week.

As far as leaving the 1st string in during the 4th quarter, they were changing out some kids earlier, the LBs, in the 3rd. Helton made wholesale subs with just over 8 minutes to play. I really don't think coach Helton was running it up. I thought it was clear that Central also has a lot to work on and that's what they were doing.

Good luck to the Red Devils the rest of the season.