Region 7-3A Preview

The Region 7-3A teams swing into region play this weekend with some good match-ups....The region came out of this past weekend 6-1 in non-region play and now stand at 10-1 for the season against non-region opponents......

COVINGTON...(#6)...(2-0)...Next Game...9-8-06 @ Brighton

The Chargers have the week off to prepare for county rival 4A Brighton...The Chargers have not been tested so far this season outscoring two opponents 106-14

HAYWOOD CO...(#12)..(1-1 0-0) @ DYER CO...(NR)..(2-0 0-0)

The Choctaws enter this game for the second consecutive season with a 2-0 record...The Haywood Tomcats ended their unbeaten season with a 50-0 thrashing in Brownsville...I think DC is better than this year but they haven't been tested so far...Murray and Chester Co are not the toughest teams to play....Haywood is coming off another loss to Sheffield...I think Haywood wins this one,but it won't be 50-0...

RIPLEY...(NR)..(1-0 0-0) @ DYERSBURG..(#8)..(2-0 0-0)

The Trojans start defense of their region championship Friday at home against the Tigers of Ripley....The Trojans have had two pretty easy games so far and the Tigers were not tested against Manassas...Play time is over and the competition gets much tougher....I say the Trojans win this game...

CROCKETT CO...(#3)..(1-0 0-0) @ OBION CO. CENTRAL..(NR)..(1-0 0-0)

The highest ranked team in the region rolls into Troy fresh off a beat down of perennial west and state power Milan(42-14)..I'm hearing Milan isn't the usual Milan this year but I don't care...Anytime you can beat Milan like that it's impressive...Got to watch Crockett Co. in the Huntingdon Jamboree....Athletes all over the field and Jarvis Perry is a LOAD...Very well coached football team..P.A.Pratt has done wonders at a school where the football team used to be everyones homecoming opponent...Obion Co. on the other hand has their best team in years....16 seniors back with 2 and 3 years experience...It's a huge opportunity for this program to garner some state-wide respect...It's a home game and the stands will be filled...The game will be won or lost in the trenches and the Rebels have 5 seniors with a bunch of games under their belts manning those positions....The Rebels didn't have to use very much of their playbook at all against Dresden,it was Grady left,Grady right and Grady up the middle...If Mark Grooms,who was the expected starter at the S-back position,returns to offense this week and is able to give Grady a series or two off,the Rebels may not have to go deep in the playbook again..It's going to be smash-mouth Region 7-3A football at it's finest....My Pick???...Upset Special...The Rebels in a close one....

Everyone go out and support your local teams....We are blessed in this area to have some of the finest football in the state played in our own backyards!!!!!

** The rankings are based on the AP Poll from 8-22-06..A new poll will be out on 8-29-06

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you were 100% correct last week....

so why should this week be any different?

if oc can win the battle of the clock and limit their turnovers, they may have a chance to keep the game close.... if so, then they have a chance to win......if not, then cc by 14...

The problem with your senerio of obion winning you say they have to win the battle of the clock . The problem with that is it will be very very tough for them to control the line of scrmmage on offense against that d-line of crockett. And on the defensive side of the ball how will the be able to stop that huge line of crockett and the dynamic backs they have.

no need to be cocky every one has a opinion and his sounded alot more realistic than yours all it takes is a couple of turnovers and the game can change in a hurry. i hope crockett is working on there double hand off on their kick off return if you know what i mean :thumb:

Edited by high school sports fan

The Region 7-3A teams swing into region play this weekend with some good match-ups....The region came out of this past weekend 6-1 in non-region play and now stand at 10-1 for the season against non-region opponents......

The Chargers have the week off to prepare for county rival 4A Brighton...The Chargers have not been tested so far this season outscoring two opponents 106-14

The Choctaws enter this game for the second consecutive season with a 2-0 record...The Haywood Tomcats ended their unbeaten season with a 50-0 thrashing in Brownsville...I think DC is better than this year but they haven't been tested so far...Murray and Chester Co are not the toughest teams to play....Haywood is coming off another loss to Sheffield...I think Haywood wins this one,but it won't be 50-0...

The Trojans start defense of their region championship Friday at home against the Tigers of Ripley....The Trojans have had two pretty easy games so far and the Tigers were not tested against Manassas...Play time is over and the competition gets much tougher....I say the Trojans win this game...

The highest ranked team in the region rolls into Troy fresh off a beat down of perennial west and state power Milan(42-14)..I'm hearing Milan isn't the usual Milan this year but I don't care...Anytime you can beat Milan like that it's impressive...Got to watch Crockett Co. in the Huntingdon Jamboree....Athletes all over the field and Jarvis Perry is a LOAD...Very well coached football team..P.A.Pratt has done wonders at a school where the football team used to be everyones homecoming opponent...Obion Co. on the other hand has their best team in years....16 seniors back with 2 and 3 years experience...It's a huge opportunity for this program to garner some state-wide respect...It's a home game and the stands will be filled...The game will be won or lost in the trenches and the Rebels have 5 seniors with a bunch of games under their belts manning those positions....The Rebels didn't have to use very much of their playbook at all against Dresden,it was Grady left,Grady right and Grady up the middle...If Mark Grooms,who was the expected starter at the S-back position,returns to offense this week and is able to give Grady a series or two off,the Rebels may not have to go deep in the playbook again..It's going to be smash-mouth Region 7-3A football at it's finest....My Pick???...Upset Special...The Rebels in a close one....

Everyone go out and support your local teams....We are blessed in this area to have some of the finest football in the state played in our own backyards!!!!!

** The rankings are based on the AP Poll from 8-22-06..A new poll will be out on 8-29-06

I'm not sure about an upset, cause of our senior kicker in tom spellings is able to put points on the board

The problem with your senerio of obion winning you say they have to win the battle of the clock . The problem with that is it will be very very tough for them to control the line of scrmmage on offense against that d-line of crockett. And on the defensive side of the ball how will the be able to stop that huge line of crockett and the dynamic backs they have.

I know you guys won big...But,I keep hearing that the dominant d-line you guys have got dominated by Milan's O-Line..Just wondering if there is any truth to that?

This #32... Why ya'll hatin? We'll just see come week 4!

I'm just wondering if Coach P.A. Pratt knows you are using his name on CoachT....Because I know you are not Coach Pratt.... :thumb:

So high school sports fan i know your from dyersburg and all but im wondering why your always hating so much on us.......o yea i don't know watch you mean on the double hand off.............

crocket fumbled twice last year trying a bogus hand off on kick return and gave the trojans the ball inside the 30 twice.... no one is hating on crockett, crocket is talking a hole lot of crap about obion and dyersburg and until the game is played and you revenge the masacure 42-21 with the third string playing in the second half against yall letting you score twice. counce could have ran the score up higher and kept the first d-fence in and realy imbaresed crocket last season.but he didnt so until you can prove your the best you wont get the respect from dyersburg,obion,covington,haywood,..... the artical about togetherness was nice :lol: that means yall will get defeated together friday night because all crockett is woried about is dyersburg and obion is dangerious. PA PRATT NEEDSto get yall thinking with a sound mind instead of a fantisy world yall are in... ask dyersburg what happens when you over look some one.... you will see friday night :thumb:

Edited by high school sports fan

Being a Central Alum, I would hope that Central wins. However, don't expect Crockett to come in and fumble the ball like Dresden did. I was at the game and it was a very sloppy game for both teams. Anyway Central got the all important first win and a win is a win no matter what.

Edited by rebel_deof55

crocket fumbled twice last year trying a bogus hand off on kick return and gave the trojans the ball inside the 30 twice.... no one is hating on crockett, crocket is talking a hole lot of crap about obion and dyersburg and until the game is played and you revenge the masacure 42-21 with the third string playing in the second half against yall letting you score twice. counce could have ran the score up higher and kept the first d-fence in and realy imbaresed crocket last season.but he didnt so until you can prove your the best you wont get the respect from dyersburg,obion,covington,haywood,..... the artical about togetherness was nice :lol: that means yall will get defeated together friday night because all crockett is woried about is dyersburg and obion is dangerious. PA PRATT NEEDSto get yall thinking with a sound mind instead of a fantisy world yall are in... ask dyersburg what happens when you over look some one.... you will see friday night B)

Who's talking smack?

The only ones running their mouths about Obion are the ones with one or two posts, using names like papratt, and are trying to stir things up...and you took the bait. And who has mentioned Dyersburg? B)

Yeah, Crockett had a bad game last year against Dyersburg. You can't put the ball on the ground that many times and expect to win. Saying that it has anything to do with this year is like saying that Dyersburg will have to beat the first 3-9 team they play in this year's playoffs to prove blah, blah, blah.

Let's talk football instead of trash.

I'll take Haywood, Dyersburg, and Crockett Co. B)

Being a Central Alum, I would hope that Central wins. However, don't expect Crockett to come in and fumble the ball like Dresden did. I was at the game and it was a very sloppy game for both teams. Anyway Central got the all important first win and a win is a win no matter what.

I agree with you rebel_deof55. Crockett will not lay the ball on the ground like Dresden. And we sure can't or it will be a repeat of last years game at Alamo. If the Rebels hold onto the ball it will be a tight game.

This #32... Why ya'll hatin? We'll just see come week 4!

For the record, Jarvis Perry is #32 and I know you're not Jarvis. Jarvis isn't the type of guy that would run his mouth in a forum, he does it in the fuield.

Methinks this is probably being posted by someone who has been ragging on Crockett COunty all through the forums posting under a different name.

Anybody else think so?

I agree with you rebel_deof55. Crockett will not lay the ball on the ground like Dresden. And we sure can't or it will be a repeat of last years game at Alamo. If the Rebels hold onto the ball it will be a tight game.

We don't know that Crockett will not lay the ball on the ground...They are a high school team,not a NFL team....But "B" is right you can't lay the ball on the ground and expect to win many games...Look at last years game with Crockett Co...Central fumbled 8 or 9 times and the majority was totally unforced....