Smith County vs. Jackson County

SCHS FAN

Congrats to Smith County. You played very well!

Jackson County work hard you have a favorable schedule ahead.

Jackson Co. main problem was lack of players. I noticed there were about 10 or 15 High School boys playing 2 hand touch football down in the endzone area that could very well be playing on the field. I understand no one wants to be apart of a losing program, but it will always be a losing program if the kids don't play.

To the coach of Jackson Co. - I heard you wouldn't even shake hands with the Smith County coaches. They very well could have scored over 100 points on you. You may need to make a phone call before next year comes along. If it was me I may throw 2 or 3 more TD's on ya next year. The coach must show sportsmanship before the players will.

Coach Russell is a very intense individual and I believe he will make that phone call. I think the heat of the battle got the best of him. His heart is set on turning this program around and I think he felt Jackson County would of gave you a better game.

Coach one thing I want you to realize is even though we lost 47-0 , we the fans can see a vast improvement in this team. So keep up the good work. :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Russell is a very intense individual and I believe he will make that phone call. I think the heat of the battle got the best of him. His heart is set on turning this program around and I think he felt Jackson County would of gave you a better game.

Coach one thing I want you to realize is even though we lost 47-0 , we the fans can see a vast improvement in this team. So keep up the good work. :)

There may have been some confusion about our starting players. We used our starters in the 1st and 3rd quarters. 2nd quarter was our 3rd and 4th string, 4th quarter was our freshman. When our starters come back out in the 3rd he may have thought we where trying to run up the score. That was not the case. Starters need the game time more than the 2nd and 3rd string does. We could have scored more with our starters but didn't. We never even threw the ball deep like normal. I am sure Maynard just wanted to get some game time in with the 1st string. We have a big line up coming in the next few weeks.TC,YIA,Macon. I hope things do turn around up there. Try to get some of those other kids in uniform. :)