Smith County vs. Jackson County

SCHS FAN

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls played well in all phases of the game. The Blue Devils just couldn't get anything going. My hats off to those guys though, JC never quit working at it. They were playing just as hard late in the fourth quarter as they were in the first quarter. IMO, the new coaching staff at JC has that program on the turnaround. I think a few more numbers of players and a little experience will be the best thing for JC. Best of Luck the rest of the way JC.

The Owls played well in all phases of the game. The Blue Devils just couldn't get anything going. My hats off to those guys though, JC never quit working at it. They were playing just as hard late in the fourth quarter as they were in the first quarter. IMO, the new coaching staff at JC has that program on the turnaround. I think a few more numbers of players and a little experience will be the best thing for JC. Best of Luck the rest of the way JC.

I agree. I think JC was a much better coached team tonight. That #12 made about every tackle for JC on each side of the field. JC's facilities are very much improved. They had a very good crowd too. Things seem to be headed in the right direction.

Congrats to Smith County. You played very well!

Jackson County work hard you have a favorable schedule ahead.

Jackson Co. main problem was lack of players. I noticed there were about 10 or 15 High School boys playing 2 hand touch football down in the endzone area that could very well be playing on the field. I understand no one wants to be apart of a losing program, but it will always be a losing program if the kids don't play.

To the coach of Jackson Co. - I heard you wouldn't even shake hands with the Smith County coaches. They very well could have scored over 100 points on you. You may need to make a phone call before next year comes along. If it was me I may throw 2 or 3 more TD's on ya next year. The coach must show sportsmanship before the players will.

Congrats to Smith County. You played very well!

Jackson County work hard you have a favorable schedule ahead.

Jackson Co. main problem was lack of players. I noticed there were about 10 or 15 High School boys playing 2 hand touch football down in the endzone area that could very well be playing on the field. I understand no one wants to be apart of a losing program, but it will always be a losing program if the kids don't play.

To the coach of Jackson Co. - I heard you wouldn't even shake hands with the Smith County coaches. They very well could have scored over 100 points on you. You may need to make a phone call before next year comes along. If it was me I may throw 2 or 3 more TD's on ya next year. The coach must show sportsmanship before the players will.

Yeah...I don't think he realized how much SC substituted early. Maybe he thought they were starters. It's never a good idea to act like that...no matter what happens on the field. You just get better and retaliate...like JC's girls basketball team. They haven't had a problem running it up on us over the years.

Smith County was the superior team as the 47-0 score clearly shows. Coach Maynard has always been a class act and here is one Jackson County supporter who hopes this year might be the year the Owls go all the way.

The game was well played by Smith County who had just too many weapons for the young Jackson County program. Jackson County will have some winnable games down the road it's just that this one was won by the better team.

Good luck Owls the rest of the season as Jackson County puts this one behind them and prepares for another tough opponent in Monterey.

Smith County was the superior team as the 47-0 score clearly shows. Coach Maynard has always been a class act and here is one Jackson County supporter who hopes this year might be the year the Owls go all the way.

The game was well played by Smith County who had just too many weapons for the young Jackson County program. Jackson County will have some winnable games down the road it's just that this one was won by the better team.

Good luck Owls the rest of the season as Jackson County puts this one behind them and prepares for another tough opponent in Monterey.

Good luck to you too. You definitely have things going in the right direction over there.

JC is on the right class.

I agree on Coach Maynard being a class act. He is one of the best.

I was thinking that's the biggest crowd I've ever seen on the home side of Jackson Co...good going!!!

The stadium looks a whole lot better too...

I have to say...those Jackson County boys have heart...they were playing all 48 minutes...

Yeah Queenie it sure is good to see more fans in the stands. Congratulations to Smith County on a well played game. To all the Jackson County players keep your heads up, you guys played hard and didn't give up. I for one am very proud of you.

Yeah Queenie it sure is good to see more fans in the stands. Congratulations to Smith County on a well played game. To all the Jackson County players keep your heads up, you guys played hard and didn't give up. I for one am very proud of you.

You are right and should be proud of them. They played harder and were more prepared than in years past. They looked like they actually had some kind of a plan. :thumb: