What happened to Knoxville HS Football on the Radio?

rigger101

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not stop there! Let's contact your senators and representatives as well! This is un-american!!! How dare these people broadcast the games they want to!! Don't they know that in America they must please everyone? This must be stopped or else or country will turn into a democrary where people have the right to do as they please. For the love of American ideals, let's end this!!

ed.brantley@citcomm.com

If U think this stinks U can contact the station manager at the above email or call the sports talk at

Citadel Broadcasting of Knoxville

The Sports Animal

4711 Old Kingston Pike

Knoxville, TN 37919

PO Box 11167

Knoxville, TN 37939

Talk Lines

Business Phone

Business Fax

Let's not stop there! Let's contact your senators and representatives as well! This is un-american!!! How dare these people broadcast the games they want to!! Don't they know that in America they must please everyone? This must be stopped or else or country will turn into a democrary where people have the right to do as they please. For the love of American ideals, let's end this!!

Dear Ed

If you don't let them know it stinks! How can they fix it. I'm not wasting my time turning on the radio or trying to listen on the net this year.

I guess they payed for the time slot and that'sall that matter's to them.

I been enjoying the station of Friday night s for the last 6 years. I've listened to some great games that I would have not had the opportunity to see while traveling out of town.

I didn't think Knox Cath had that large of a following. Great School with great teams but not every week against podunk county teams. Pleaseeeeeeeee..............!

Good luck to KCHS this year they are off to a great start!

Although Catholic competes vs PUBLIC schools

--Knoxville Catholic is a private school.

I am sure they view the radio broadcast as a recruiting advantage.

Just as I am sure that Central viewed their past replay broadcast

and Fulton the Comcast TV broadcast

and the Knox County Radio Broadcast.

From what my friends in K'town tell me

everything in Knoxville is about who gets the players.

central was on all the time last year.they talked about all the time snappy tomato pizza feeding them pizza and sandwiches so that was that nobody complained.fulton is on 91.1 which receaches all over knoxville and some areas further out.austin east is on 1390 or something it is low wattage.i think powell is on 620 and farragut is on sometimes.however what about gibbs,tsd,grace,south doyle? teams like that.though they have been down they are totall ignored

It is all about recruiting advantages.

Just like colleges being on TV

Knoxville high school is about radio coverage.

It is about your school looking better than the competion.

Coverage, pregame meals and weight rooms.

Middle school kids taking recruiting visits-

just like their high school heros taking college visits

I e-mailed the station manager and he said tough! They did buy up the station time and money does talk. I am sad to say I will not be listening to the so called sports station in Knoxville Friday nights. Cathloc may buy the coverage but they have a long way to go before they really play a game of the week or one worth listening to IMO.

Look at it like a black out for the rest of the teams in the area!