Dyer Co 16 Haywood 7

N2Choctaws

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know...not complainin', gripin', fussin' or anything like that...just curious as to which poll or ranking this information is from.

Thanks.

I'm sorry..I took it for granted that this being Tuesday and all you would have known it was the AP Poll....

That poll also had Covington 4th....Crockett Co. 5th(I know,I know)..Dyersburg 6th and Dyer County 8th......The poll also had Jax S-S and Fayette Ware in it,but I was driving home listening to Stevie Ray Hamer and didn't pay attention to those two schools since they are not in 7-3A....

if you look at the middle school leval you will se that dyersburg is dominate over dyer county kids it was obviouse this season with a 38-6 game and both were undefeated going into this game.... thats all for the facts like i said earlier i hope the best for dyer county i hope they win every game except when they come to trojan country. coach renshaw is a nice guy and needs a good season after the last few. untile you have beatin the defending region champs please retain from talking smack... good luck dyer county and fans... dont let the fans start acting like crocketts fans just because you have wone a few games have class like covington and ripley B)

Wow man you must really be worried about this season to have to bring up a middle school game. And us Cavalier fans are allowed to be confident because we have won consistently for the last several years, while Dburg is not too far removed from a 5-6 season. And we have won in November, not just September and October. How did the Trojans' last postseason game go???

Wow man you must really be worried about this season to have to bring up a middle school game. And us Cavalier fans are allowed to be confident because we have won consistently for the last several years, while Dburg is not too far removed from a 5-6 season. And we have won in November, not just September and October. How did the Trojans' last postseason game go???

i herd from a trojan player that the word is crockett has been chanting we wont dyersburg since their first game this season so that shows right there that the crockett kids know who was the region champ's and who imbaresed them last season, the crockett kids havent been chanting covington's name yet they beat the cavs twice last season so that alone shows that the cav's players feal like if they can beat dyersburg they will win the region. i believe that the 15th will determin the region my self but covington is covington and haywood is haywood so i go from week to week. every team has down year's but you better believe when the trojan train rolles into alamo they will be ready to play.. i hate to hear about the kid who got hurt last week, IF CROCKETT BEATS DYERSBURG??????? EVERY ONE ON HERE WILL HEAR ME APLAUSE THEM :thumb: but if crockett looses will all the crockets fans have enough dignaty to give the trojans there credit or will their be EXCUSES LIKE LAST SEASON!!!! :thumb:

Edited by high school sports fan

dburg better take one game at a time.....

although the offense has the tools to challenge for a state title, we all know that defense is what it takes......and right now that (defense) is a work in progress for the trojans...

this year i am starting to see signs of a team that has yet to "peak", compared to last years team which "peaked" around game 4......

i am sure that coach counce wants to make sure that his team "peaks" at the right time so not to repeat an early exit....

so for now, crockett county is not even on my or the trojans radar.....

they are focused on kingsbury, who some scouts say are as good as their 2004 3A semi-final team...

i herd from a trojan player that the word is crockett has been chanting we wont dyersburg since their first game this season so that shows right there that the crockett kids know who was the region champ's and who imbaresed them last season, the crockett kids havent been chanting covington's name yet they beat the cavs twice last season so that alone shows that the cav's players feal like if they can beat dyersburg they will win the region. i believe that the 15th will determin the region my self but covington is covington and haywood is haywood so i go from week to week. every team has down year's but you better believe when the trojan train rolles into alamo they will be ready to play.. i hate to hear about the kid who got hurt last week, IF CROCKETT BEATS DYERSBURG??????? EVERY ONE ON HERE WILL HEAR ME APLAUSE THEM :D but if crockett looses will all the crockets fans have enough dignaty to give the trojans there credit or will their be EXCUSES LIKE LAST SEASON!!!! :D

Man i haven't heard any chanting that, but its not hard to believe. You guys were the champs last season and left a terrible taste in our mouths when ya'll doubled us up at your house. And while its true there are idiots from every school who will make excuses about why their boys lost, i don't think you heard any players, coaches, or educated fans making any for Crockett last season. YA'LL WERE BETTER. We made too many mistakes to even compete in that game. And while we respect every team in our region, we are also confident that if our guys bring their A game we should win 'em all! I think with a 44-8 record the past four years and three mr. footballs we have a right to say we are among the elite programs in west tenn. A team two years removed from a sub-500 season (4 year record 28-17 i believe) does not YET have that right. Another 10-0 and a PLAYOFF RUN would convince me of that.

you have good groups and not so good groups come through if crockett had been playing 4a its possiable that their record would be worse. in previous years the only game crockett had to worry about was covington. but know you have dyersburg and haywod. after this season dyersburg will have the regions respect two years in a row dominance will shut mouths

Edited by high school sports fan

you have good groups and not so good groups come through if crockett had been playing 4a its possiable that their record would be worse. in previous years the only game crockett had to worry about was covington. but know you have dyersburg and haywod. after this season dyersburg will have the regions respect two years in a row dominance will shut mouths

Very true. Our region was weak the past few years. We didn't even have covington in there so our only big games were south side and lexington and an occasional scuffle with milan. If we're 4a like dburg...who knows? We played the hand we were dealt and played it very well if i say so myself. We suffered through 20 years of AWFUL football until PA came to alamo and turned it around. I honestly have a ton of respect for counce and his staff. They had their guys loaded for bear last season. However, i must say that while dominance will shut mouths, it cannot be achieved in one year i don't believe.

Now. Enough trash talk on my part. Who all from Dyersburg is getting looks from college scouts. I know Beasley and Tetleton are being courted but by who? And how about Caldwell and Taylor, the skill guys? Any other names we should watch for in the weeks to come???