REGION 5-1A

neutralfan07

Wow after seeing some of the scores of tonights games, and how region 5 teams have done against outside teams, I think this region will be a force in the playoffs. I mean look at the scores:

Jo Byrns over Eagleville 17-7

Forrest over Mcewen 21-20 (OT)

Heritage over CA 21-14

Cascade over NCS 36-14 (not sure on that one)

It looks like there are alot of teams that area very evenly matched in this region, and it looks like it could be a dog fight between 6 to 7 teams for 4 playoff spots.

I predict at leats 2 wins in the first round of the playoffs, and maybe even 3 but we'll see about that as the season goes on.

What do u guys think about this region? You think it could be in the top 2 overall in 1A?

Yes this is definately a tough region, nobody will probably give us credit now, but they will by the end of the season. We dont have one great team, we have alot of really good teams, and thats what makes a region great, and competitive.

It lloks as if most games this year could go eighter way. Man, gotta remember to bring my heart meds to these games.

Ty also BIG win tonight for you guys........now whats the lowdown on East?

the lowdown is stop #7 Tico Andrews, now that Carlos Hudson is gone he is the only real threat for the big play. He is now playing QB and RB, so when he is at QB i would put more emphasis on pass, and have 1 or 2 guys spying him. When he is at RB I would put more guys in the box and try to stop him running. Just my take on things!

I don't know what you mean by that question.

the question is: Does anybody think that region 5 could be one of the top 2 regions in the state from top to bottom?

I think so just because, there will be about 7 legitament contenders fighting for 4 playoff spots, where as last year it was only 5, and really only 2 teams were pretty good. I think every team in the region except NCS is improved. I think Jo Byrns has NOT improved as much as some other teams, but were also alot better then everyone else. I think every team in the region will compete w/ JBHS this year, whis says alot about this years region. U also have to keep in mind that this region has dominated non region games, and yes some games were against muffin teams, but others were against pretty good teams.