Halls vs Gibbs

ProVol90

Powellfan I also tore both of my acls and was still able to play football. Why werent u? I also do believe that there hasnt been a Crossed burned in Halls for over 10 years. So get u facts straight ur talking about something that happened when I was in high school.

Edited by ProVol90

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you, if you don't mind my asking? You probably were an underclassman at Powell right around the time I graduated.

OSU, you know who I am, and IM not the only one posting on this account, that was my friend last night and im going to smack him up side his head next time I see him for using my account again.

You where in my neighbors wedding OSU, you know if you think about it.

Don't give up on the Devils just yet. I remember back 4,5,6 years ago and Maryville started out like 0-3, 0-4, 0-5 and wound up winning the state. Now I'm not saying we will win the state, but we will improve and get to .500 by season's end.

Sorry bro, I'm not one to kick a man while he's down, but there's no way Halls is getting to .500 this year unless they have a total restructuring of what they are doing now.

Lenoir City Will beat halls this year, they are too fast for them, Halls just doesnt have anyonethis year

I know we are down this year but Powellfan you have lost your mind. We just played the #2 team in the state. Once we find our strengths on offense and manipulate them then I agree we will be better later in the season.Coop needs a A-game in the worst way. But in respect to him the coaching staff needs to position him for that success.

I don't agree Halls doesn't have anyone this year they have a young hungry team which is sadly lacking in experience. But each and every week that passes they will be a lot better.

Oh Powellfan everyone has a right to their opinions but be careful what you say this year won't come back to bite you in the butt next year. Sometimes programs have a couple of lean years and I think you may have one next year. But I won't say you won't have anyone then. I probably won't need too. So get you shots in now while you can. :)

Hi ZCAR.

Glad to see you back. I saw some things I liked last friday. I still believe we are heading in the right direction. The post earlier that said Halls was missing some people from Monday's practice concerns me. I started to post something two weeks ago and backed off because I didn't want to be negative in the preseason. But... I believe this year's team has some serious senior leadership problems. If you watch practices, you can see more discipline from the younger guys than the older ones. All the leaders left last year and this year's seniors are not very talented as a whole. The lone surprise is Kitts who has a hard time leading because he doesn't have a lot of experience. O'Conner can't lead as a kicker. I am afraid Dayton and Cooper have an arrogance that the team will not follow so it will take some time to establish credible leadership on this team. C. Leonard said in an interview recently that he thought this team was awfully arrogant when they haven't done anything yet. I hope this is something that K.J. can fix or we may just have to grow out of it.

I don't really understand why we don't variate the offense more. Cooper would have more time to throw if everything wasn't a roll out or play-action. I have hopes that we are concealing some offensive formations until we get to some winnable region games in and effort to make the playoffs. (boy that is optimistic Huh)

Powellfan, could you and reddevil, or whoever you gripe is with, go start a your own thread dedicated to your petty crap and name calling. There you guys could air it out without us getting in your way. Please. Thanks

Hi ZCAR.

Glad to see you back. I saw some things I liked last friday. I still believe we are heading in the right direction. The post earlier that said Halls was missing some people from Monday's practice concerns me. I started to post something two weeks ago and backed off because I didn't want to be negative in the preseason. But... I believe this year's team has some serious senior leadership problems. If you watch practices, you can see more discipline from the younger guys than the older ones. All the leaders left last year and this year's seniors are not very talented as a whole. The lone surprise is Kitts who has a hard time leading because he doesn't have a lot of experience. O'Conner can't lead as a kicker. I am afraid Dayton and Cooper have an arrogance that the team will not follow so it will take some time to establish credible leadership on this team. C. Leonard said in an interview recently that he thought this team was awfully arrogant when they haven't done anything yet. I hope this is something that K.J. can fix or we may just have to grow out of it.

I don't really understand why we don't variate the offense more. Cooper would have more time to throw if everything wasn't a roll out or play-action. I have hopes that we are concealing some offensive formations until we get to some winnable region games in and effort to make the playoffs. (boy that is optimistic Huh)

Powellfan, could you and reddevil, or whoever you gripe is with, go start a your own thread dedicated to your petty crap and name calling. There you guys could air it out without us getting in your way. Please. Thanks

I'm sure it's hard for all of the Halls players. The Seniors are told they have no talent or leadership. The Juniors are arrogant and can't lead and the Sophs get absolutely no credit at all. "IF" the players (which remember they are kids) are reading these threads then I'm sure they are convinced that they are slow, have zero talent, zero leadership, poor play calling and coaching, oh and they burn crosses!!! Let's hope they use this to their advantage - let's hope they achieve in two games what most of their opponents have learned slowly in two years. Let's hope that they make someone happy so they can get one pat on the back in order to be able to make it to the next "holiday" practice.

Win or Lose - - - - HALLS still HAS IT!! GO BIG RED!!!!!

fariplay2121,

Listen, I'm a big Devil fan. When you have played against Powell, Central, Maryville you tend to hate them just a little bit. You don't like to see make excuses for their shortcomings. We are young and inexperienced but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. We played a lot of these kids last year and they must grow up quickly. Senior leadership comes from within and should be demanded by the coaches.

Thats the way is was when I was there and thats the way it should be now. For all the negative crap on here about Coach Sheppard, he did demand effort and discipline and hard work. He took no crap from parents, players, administration. Now don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying KJ is wrong, I'm saying I know how Coach Sheppard was.

Don't go blaming the coaches, they call the plays, players make the plays, fans applaud (sp?) the plays, parents blame the plays on the coaches. Great world? No, but thats the bottom line.

If South-Doyle gets thier act together then they will beat several this year. They just are not very disciplined. Films seems to show that they are pretty quick and fast. The Defense in certain packages is extremely fast.

Gibbs by 6

Who gives a rat's butt about South Doyle???? And no, they won't "beat several this year"

Hi ZCAR.

Wesley Kitts is (fortunately) a junior, not a senior, so he'll have another year to improve. BTW, Caleb Leonard got the team player of the week award from Coach J. He's gonna be special.